Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Goonhaven

Off to watch Newquay vs Goonhaven friendly this afternoon was very impressed with Newquay the othe night vs Illogan  , better get up ther early could be a big crowd and it could be all ticket hope Tornado plays i think hes a smashing player and great entertainer also hope the young no5 plays someone said hes signed from Falmouth Max Everard they said he was really good

Brilliant display from Newquay this afternoon going in at half time 7-0 up  vs Goonhaven Newquay manager Tony MCKELLAR must of told the lads to ease up on Goonhaven in the 2nd half and only scored 2 more goals in a 9-0 hammering Man of the match the whole NEWQUAY team  now on to the serious stuff tues week home to Falmouth town Brilliant display and the young no14 impressed me again he played in no shirt the other night i can see this lad  having a brilliant future in the game be interesting to see how he does in the league Well done Newquay

Very comfortable for Newquay and could have had many more goals.

Good header from Squires after excellent right wing cross to start and further goals for him and Bray-Evans for a pair of hat-tricks. Better finishing could have provided double the final tally!

One or two players need to learn when to play an easy ball to keep team moving forward rather try spectacular passes each time and some balls played out from back four were poor with time and space being created initially, only for possession being surrendered by hopeful long balls. Also some midfielders calling for ball whilst remaining too stationery, rather than move and pass.

May sound over-critical but will be caught out when real test begins. Good work out however and more players to come in for first league match...

From spectator perspective, poor that no team announcement before kick off and no mention of reason for one minutes silence (or did I miss these?). Entirely appropriate to hold silence as mark of respect, but also correct to tell those in attendance to whom they were paying their respects.

42 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I also wandered what the 1 mins silence was for no announcements nothing good game though but Newquay did too much showboating in the 2nd half but we will see how god they are when the season starts with Helston  at home could be a interesting season at Mt Wise

I'm sure it will be very interesting!! 

16 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I also wandered what the 1 mins silence was for no announcements nothing good game though but Newquay did too much showboating in the 2nd half but we will see how god they are when the season starts with Helston  at home could be a interesting season at Mt Wise

Told it was for brother of Jared Sims...............