Tavistock    11,    Witheridge        0

DIVISION ONE WEST
Holsworthy    2,    Plymstock United    2
Illogan RBL    1,    Wendron United    2    
Liskeard Athletic   4,    St.Blazey        3
Penzance     0,     Ludgvan        2
Porthleven     3,     Mousehole        3    
St Dennis     0,     Wadebridge Town    4

Well I'm glad I didn't stay 2 the end of the Bodmin game. Might not of managed no higher than the old Combination league and never played above that same standard,but. Well if that's all Bodmin can offer give the title 2 someone else now. Overloaded with mid fielders. Some already looking 2 move on. A lack luster forward line, some already thinking of their holidays. And as I said last year, no plan B. My options of which I'm untitled to.never worth the hastle of the traffic problems, bad weather and a P poor 50/50. Won't be going back very soon

8 hours ago, paul pearce said:

Well I'm glad I didn't stay 2 the end of the Bodmin game. Might not of managed no higher than the old Combination league and never played above that same standard,but. Well if that's all Bodmin can offer give the title 2 someone else now. Overloaded with mid fielders. Some already looking 2 move on. A lack luster forward line, some already thinking of their holidays. And as I said last year, no plan B. My options of which I'm untitled to.never worth the hastle of the traffic problems, bad weather and a P poor 50/50. Won't be going back very soon

Such a shame to hear that Paulie. I suppose there are 19 other clubs you can go watch instead :yahoo:

3 minutes ago, burt said:

Went to watch Penzance v Ludgvan last night & was very impressed with the Ludgvan side, bright fast & full of team spirit, will make a mark on swpl this season, made Penzance look poor!

Sounds a bit like the better team on the day won the game (Bryn himself saying it in a tweet). Ludgvan looking very sharp and have signed some real west division quality

32 minutes ago, predator said:

I see camleford got a drumming last night . Have they lost players ? Any report and goal scorers ? 

Predator - no Camelford haven't lost any players, unfortunately last night they were missing players through holiday commitments and unfortunately several players recovering from injuries picked up in preseason 'Friendlies'. Launceston were the better team on the night, score was a bit flattering but probably 3 goals better.

Game was played last night in horrendous condition with torrential rain and a very strong wind, blowing straight down the pitch which had an obvious effect on the game. Despite that the game was played between two teams playing 'proper' football, virtually no complaining or abuse and helping each other up after tackles - also very well marshalled by the referee and his assistants.

Launceston fielded a full strength squad with the players missing from last Saturday's game against Parkway back and they looked very strong up front, especially Prynn, Alexander (my man of match) and Davey, who all had good games against a Camelford defence that unfortunately failed to clear their lines on a few occasions and gifting Launceston goals. With the players away and injured, Camelford, despite good possession, lacked a clear cutting edge and it was difficult to see where goals were going to come from, other than set pieces.

I did say on the 'transfer rumours thread', that Launceston were amassing a very good squad, under the radar, and having seen them play last night I stand by that. They play a very simple and not unattractive game, on the ground and look to release their forwards at the earliest opportunity. For me they have a good chance of finishing high up the league and should not be underestimated.

Boldy (Haynes) scored for Camelford from a Harrison corner, I think Alexander got a couple an Hardcastle scored, but was hard to tell as some of the goals were scrambles and I was peering out from under a large coat!!

Well done Launceston and Camelford can still take several positives away from the game

15 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Good response from Saturday-Falmouth up and running with first point and goals

0-1 Dave Broglin0---1-2 Harry Clarke(H)---2--3 Jordan Annear

WP Premier
Godolphin Atlantic 3-3 Falmouth Town
Adm £5, prog £1

Excellent game, this. Falmouth bounced back well from their 7-0 hammering at home on Saturday and really ought to have taken all three points, attacking with real purpose but missing too many chances. With G, as their fans seem to call them, carrying an attacking threat of their own, it all made for a good spectacle.

Falmouth, kicking down the slope with the wind and rain at their backs, led 2-1 at half time but should really have been out of sight. They missed another chance after a great attack early in the second half and G finally made them pay on 74. But Falmouth regained the lead late on with a cool finish from a strong run but four minutes from time G found another equaliser. Well-deserved applause for both teams at the final whistle.

A rather basic ground from which you can just about see the ocean. Wedged in between houses, it has a rudimentary cover for about 50 people extending from the back of the changing rooms behind the near goal, and a 'Team Solent-style' modern 50 seater stand on halfway. The usual hot and cold snacks are available but there's no clubhouse. Instead, they use the Godolphin Arms Hotel - where the club was founded in 1984 and which is run by the club secretary - just over the road. Handy for me, as that's where I'm staying.

Kick off was delayed 15 minutes as Falmouth's kit got delayed on the journey up, meaning a 7.45 start. Game over at 9.35, key in door at 9.38. Cool

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:
WP Premier
Godolphin Atlantic 3-3 Falmouth Town
Adm £5, prog £1

Excellent game, this. Falmouth bounced back well from their 7-0 hammering at home on Saturday and really ought to have taken all three points, attacking with real purpose but missing too many chances. With G, as their fans seem to call them, carrying an attacking threat of their own, it all made for a good spectacle.

Falmouth, kicking down the slope with the wind and rain at their backs, led 2-1 at half time but should really have been out of sight. They missed another chance after a great attack early in the second half and G finally made them pay on 74. But Falmouth regained the lead late on with a cool finish from a strong run but four minutes from time G found another equaliser. Well-deserved applause for both teams at the final whistle.

A rather basic ground from which you can just about see the ocean. Wedged in between houses, it has a rudimentary cover for about 50 people extending from the back of the changing rooms behind the near goal, and a 'Team Solent-style' modern 50 seater stand on halfway. The usual hot and cold snacks are available but there's no clubhouse. Instead, they use the Godolphin Arms Hotel - where the club was founded in 1984 and which is run by the club secretary - just over the road. Handy for me, as that's where I'm staying.

Kick off was delayed 15 minutes as Falmouth's kit got delayed on the journey up, meaning a 7.45 start. Game over at 9.35, key in door at 9.38. Cool

How can a teams kit get delayed - almost a fairy story !

On 17/08/2017 at 19:46, Keith B said:

Sorry, did I put the mockers on them herbie. Seeing the way Tavistock have started the season, I was fearful for Withy. No pleasure in being proved right sir. 

No i was genuinely congratulating u on your prediction i was quite impressed