Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole Management

Just an observation from an outsider but how long is Steve going to remain as manager at Mousehole, nothing to do with him personally, but Jason Blunt seems to be pulling all the strings and seems a guy that would want overall control??  Any thoughts??

I have seen a couple of their games and he seems to be 'pulling the strings' from the touch line, ie barking all the orders, informing the players on what he wants and very little coming from the keeper. Is that OK Muggy, hope that makes me an outsider rather than an insider!!

Surely makes sense to have someone manage the game from the touchline. He is also the assistant manager and coach correct me if i'm wrong so he is going 'to pull the strings' from the touchline and like muggy said allow the keeper to keep.

I'm sure Steve does the majority of the managing ie pick the team, team talks, general chasing of players etc. Managers job isn't just 'barking orders' on a Saturday afternoon.

I haven't had a chance to watch the new Mousehole side yet from the comments i have heard/read it sounds like they are taking a step in the right direction after the mercenaries up and left them last season.

I for one hope Steve and all concerned with Mousehole have a good season.     

Not that it means much but the programme last Saturday against St Dennis showed the manager as Jason Blunt (St Dennis showed a manager and assistant manager - Mousehole only had a manager).

Whilst I think Topcat1 is on a bit of a fishing trip, I have been a big supporter of Mouseholes and their ambitions, from afar, as I usually watch Prem teams - I have also watched them play under Quinny, when Steve P-B took over to help out and recently (preseason and first competitive game) with Mr Blunt on the touchline. Whilst it is hard to 'put your finger on it', something has changed there - maybe it's professionalism, maybe different styles - but from an outsiders stance it's not the Mousehole of a couple of seasons ago - too many new faces and too many roumors about salaries and players being brought in and given jobs and accommodation - the Mousehole fans were happily talking about such things on Saturday - with a fair degree of open knowledge. Their chairman is a contributor to the forum, so he may set the record straight - or you could just read some of Quinny's tweets  

S P-B is a real gentleman and whatever is happening at Mousehole, I would wish them well. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Not that it means much but the programme last Saturday against St Dennis showed the manager as Jason Blunt (St Dennis showed a manager and assistant manager - Mousehole only had a manager).

Whilst I think Topcat1 is on a bit of a fishing trip, I have been a big supporter of Mouseholes and their ambitions, from afar, as I usually watch Prem teams - I have also watched them play under Quinny, when Steve P-B took over to help out and recently (preseason and first competitive game) with Mr Blunt on the touchline. Whilst it is hard to 'put your finger on it', something has changed there - maybe it's professionalism, maybe different styles - but from an outsiders stance it's not the Mousehole of a couple of seasons ago - too many new faces and too many roumors about salaries and players being brought in and given jobs and accommodation - the Mousehole fans were happily talking about such things on Saturday - with a fair degree of open knowledge. Their chairman is a contributor to the forum, so he may set the record straight - or you could just read some of Quinny's tweets  

S P-B is a real gentleman and whatever is happening at Mousehole, I would wish them well. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

I have been to Mousehole  4 or 5 times and the welcome was most friendly and the pasty and tea was served with a smile at a very reasonable cost. I wish I could say the same about the club I have supported for many years. It makes the journey worthwhile. I will try and get down there a few times this season and wish you all the best.

Firstly thank you all for the kind words, they are great to hear. At least better than the people that fish, bitter or jealous of progression.

Topcat1, it is a known fact throughout the club that just over 2 weeks ago, I stepped down as the first team manager and for the following reasons:

1, my wife is heavily pregnant and we are about to have our first child in the next few weeks

2, as people that have been in management know, it takes up the majority of the week and with the above and work commitments, it will be too much for me and my family over the next few years.

3, we are in a position at the club with JB there, that I feel I can step down and still leave the club in great hands (rather than leave us in the sh!t)

Although bad timing on my part, being just over a week before the start of the season, there has been a seamless transfer from myself to JB and KL, so the club and I didn't feel the need to make anything public at that time. However, there are now a few questions being asked (of course) and I feel as though I needed to respond and put these questions to bed.

The progression and ambition that the club have is fantastic and is great to be apart of in whichever capacity I am required. I will remain with the club as a senior player and will assist JB and Kev however they require me to, I am just stepping back from the day-to-day duties.

I wish to thank everyone who has supported, helped and played under me in my tenure over the past months, but whilst my fingers are still straight and my knee's still able to bend I wish to stay playing (and not managing) for as long as I can.

One thing I wont do, is get into a slanging match or an argument about what's right/wrong on a public forum, so this will be my one and only response to this thread.

Thanks

SPB

19 hours ago, SPB said:

Firstly thank you all for the kind words, they are great to hear. At least better than the people that fish, bitter or jealous of progression.

Topcat1, it is a known fact throughout the club that just over 2 weeks ago, I stepped down as the first team manager and for the following reasons:

1, my wife is heavily pregnant and we are about to have our first child in the next few weeks

2, as people that have been in management know, it takes up the majority of the week and with the above and work commitments, it will be too much for me and my family over the next few years.

3, we are in a position at the club with JB there, that I feel I can step down and still leave the club in great hands (rather than leave us in the sh!t)

Although bad timing on my part, being just over a week before the start of the season, there has been a seamless transfer from myself to JB and KL, so the club and I didn't feel the need to make anything public at that time. However, there are now a few questions being asked (of course) and I feel as though I needed to respond and put these questions to bed.

The progression and ambition that the club have is fantastic and is great to be apart of in whichever capacity I am required. I will remain with the club as a senior player and will assist JB and Kev however they require me to, I am just stepping back from the day-to-day duties.

I wish to thank everyone who has supported, helped and played under me in my tenure over the past months, but whilst my fingers are still straight and my knee's still able to bend I wish to stay playing (and not managing) for as long as I can.

One thing I wont do, is get into a slanging match or an argument about what's right/wrong on a public forum, so this will be my one and only response to this thread.

Thanks

SPB

Well said Steve, never feel you have to come on here & have to explain yourself, your doing a cracking job. I know one of your young lads down there & he can't speak highly enough of what you guys are trying to achieve. You will hold your own against the 'spenders' in your division, & continue to rebuild as I was told you have last a few players, always makes it a lot harder. Also well done on your point last night at Portleven, hear you played over an hour with 10 men, so no one can knock your organising skills, from the sideline regardless of who is giving them :thumbsup: 

7 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Big Al can make it to Mousehole a few times this season but can never make Falmouth on time for kick off!!! I'm sure Town will really miss your fantastic support and encouragement! ?

I am free to go wherever I wish and perhaps choose Mousehole because of their friendly hospitality and lack of insults from the directorate !

Could I please remind you that any adverse remarks made towards you were in response to your constant unwarranted criticism of the club, the CCFA the SWPL, and most other bodies trying to do some good for the game. 

No one gets it right all the time but at least they're spending their spare time having a go. 

An olive branch has recently been extended to you by the officers of Falmouth Town which you have declined. 

This olive branch is still there in the hope that you may put your talents to good use at the club you "support". You quite rightly say that you can travel to any place you choose and I'm sure Mousehole are extremely friendly and most hospitable. 

I would like to add my best wishes to Mousehole where my father played for many happy years and I spent many hours watching him. 

I'd like to take him down this season to watch a game or two. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Could I please remind you that any adverse remarks made towards you were in response to your constant unwarranted criticism of the club, the CCFA the SWPL, and most other bodies trying to do some good for the game. 

No one gets it right all the time but at least they're spending their spare time having a go. 

An olive branch has recently been extended to you by the officers of Falmouth Town which you have declined. 

This olive branch is still there in the hope that you may put your talents to good use at the club you "support". You quite rightly say that you can travel to any place you choose and I'm sure Mousehole are extremely friendly and most hospitable. 

I would like to add my best wishes to Mousehole where my father played for many happy years and I spent many hours watching him. 

I'd like to take him down this season to watch a game or two. 

I had better avoid going to Mousehole then, we might come face to face !