Cornwall Football Forum

Chappy and why he's no longer manager at St Austell!

Outgoing manager Jason Chapman wanted to let everyone know about today's change of manager decision at St Austell ........

I've decided to stand down as manager of St Austell Football Club, once again, for the simple fact I have no enjoyment from playing and managing together. 

Nothing against the players who are class and have top attitudes, but I found it impossible to do both to the standard required and I started to hate match days and lost the buzz. Now with the weight lifted, I'm already buzzing for tomorrow as a player.

I went back for the wrong reasons personally and the club needs someone to drive this group of players forward, instead of holding the fort as I did.

It's a top club and with brilliant support and for it to succeed this year it needs a new manager that has more desire to manage then me.

Chappy

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Outgoing manager Jason Chapman wanted to let everyone know about today's change of manager decision at St Austell ........

I've decided to stand down as manager of St Austell Football Club, once again, for the simple fact I have no enjoyment from playing and managing together. 

Nothing against the players who are class and have top attitudes, but I found it impossible to do both to the standard required and I started to hate match days and lost the buzz. Now with the weight lifted, I'm already buzzing for tomorrow as a player.

I went back for the wrong reasons personally and the club needs someone to drive this group of players forward, instead of holding the fort as I did.

It's a top club and with brilliant support and for it to succeed this year it needs a new manager that has more desire to manage then me.

Chappy

A fair and honest statement Chappy..good for you. Top keeper and nice guy. Lets hope the whole squad gets the backing and support it needs.