Cornwall Football Forum

FREE FOOTBALL THIS SATURDAY.

Saturday August 19th.

St Blazey v Holsworthy.

Kick off. 3pm

St Blazeys first home match of the season will be free of charge for everyone. A great chance for old and new fans to come to Blaise Park and simply enjoy an afternoon of football for nothing. Bring the kids along. 

Bar open all day. 

Tea hut open with hot food. 

Programs £1

50-50 £1

We look forward to seeing some new faces watching football at Blaize Park. 

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Saturday August 19th.

St Blazey v Holsworthy.

Kick off. 3pm

St Blazeys first home match of the season will be free of charge for everyone. A great chance for old and new fans to come to Blaise Park and simply enjoy an afternoon of football for nothing. Bring the kids along. 

Bar open all day. 

Tea hut open with hot food. 

Programs £1

50-50 £1

We look forward to seeing some new faces watching football at Blaize Park. 

It is a shame other clubs do not do this once in a while instead of grabbing every last penny !

4 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Agreed Big Al (did I really just write that?). I understand that the game is followed by a race night, so make a day of it, plenty of options for grub in and around the Club.

That is good I shall make an effort to go there weather permitting - only just a hop from Par station. I would always give my full support to a club with friendly people especially those off the field .

7 hours ago, BIG AL said:

It is a shame other clubs do not do this once in a while instead of grabbing every last penny !

Agreed.

Luckily, all of the utilities companies are also waiving their charges for the day, the council are reducing the council tax, everyone else involved is offering their services free of charge, a local garage is offering free fuel for the mowers, the printers are producing the programmes for no charge, etc, etc...

But the greedy club is STILL charging for tea/coffee/food/programmes/50-50/bar.

I despair.

Blazey look in trouble as it is already I know it's early in the season but do you think there is enough managerial experience in that changing room I'm not convinced hopefully the free entry will allow some crowd in to shout out some instructions from the stand. Big club like blazey need a manager who has been there and done it not kids (my opinion )

Today we had 86 in the ground after 20 minutes. Several came in later. Plus several others watching from upstairs. Not bad when you consider the poor results the last few years. Crowds last year had dropped to below 50. So probably double what we had at the end of last season. 

The tea hut was busy. The 50-50 took enough for 3 cash prizes. One person even signed up for a new advertising board. Fantastic stuff. 

The horse racing after the game made some good money for the club, our charity and the lucky winning punters. 

Not the result we wanted on the pitch but improvement off it. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Thankyou to everyone who came to watch. 

Watched the first half today Paul and to be fair you had no luck at all. Even the well worked corner routine between Travis Skerton (used to play against his dad Mark, very good finisher and nice bloke ) and Josh Harris got whistled!!! I was sitting 5 yards away and it was perfect! Most of the play was down the bottom end and Holsworthy had about four chances and scored three goals! Fair play to them but i thought Blazey looked decent in spells. Harris knocked in a few dangerous crosses with his left peg and Russell looked a quality player on the ball. Skirts lad could well come good as well i reckon. We've seen Torquay panic this week after three games and sack their manager which is ridiculous!! You need at least until xmas to gel a side together, see who aint gonna quite make it and in that time you may find a gem or two!? Give the manager your full support (not you personally Paul )and if its not any better in January then thats a different story. I think Blazey may well be ok with a win or two to boost their confidence levels? Still one of the biggest clubs in the county in my opinion, a real sleeping giant! Tell you what though you could do with some box nets!! That would finish the ground off lovely! Plenty of room for them behind the goals as well! 6 poles and £100 on ebay! I'll even come down and give Weazle a hand on my day off now im a local! Easy to do!! Have a word with the committee mate! Would look well smart!! Good luck Blazey for the season :c: 

Only just seen this Rappo. Good to see you came along to watch. Box nets could be a good shout. Worth looking at for sure. There's no panic on the football front. Things were never going to be turned round over night. Looking forward to tonight's game. Fingers crossed we can get a result. Once we get a win I think a few more will follow. 

Congrats on the result last night Paul. Can see Blazey going on and getting a few more wins now. Just as we were saying, no need to panic, you cant just build a team over a couple months, players will come and go no doubt until he finds a settled team and squad but everyone has just got to get behind the manager and give him a chance, obvious!! It might even take a year or two but Blazey will be back, ive got no doubt about that. Good luck for the season Paul :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Congrats on the result last night Paul. Can see Blazey going on and getting a few more wins now. Just as we were saying, no need to panic, you cant just build a team over a couple months, players will come and go no doubt until he finds a settled team and squad but everyone has just got to get behind the manager and give him a chance, obvious!! It might even take a year or two but Blazey will be back, ive got no doubt about that. Good luck for the season Paul :thumbsup:

As ever sound comments by Rappo,let's hope this is the start of the recovery to put Blazey back where they belong.