Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker vs Newquay

Was going to go to Saltash this afternon to watch them play Parkway but heard on the radio the traffic is bad so going to Sticker instead to watch Newquay play there been very impressed with them recently ,Think they will win 1-2 but they got to stop there ex player Jack Bowyer hes a brilliant player .So off there soon me and my doggy need our footy fix so will be taking photos and putting them on the Cornish Soccer site on facebook .Hope you all have a good afternoon and your teams win

Went Sticker watched Newquay loose .1st half was awful dont think Newquay had a single shot at goal but right at the start of the  2nd half they took the lead from Tornado Bello  after the Stiker goalie had palmed Glen Squires effort onto the cross bar and Tornado dispatched the ball with power itno the goal ,a goal Newquay never really deserved they where that poor u would think this wasnt the same team that played Helston the other night ,you would of thought when they saw the team sheet and Stickers prolific scorer Jack Bowyer wasnt on the list u would of thought easy 3 points for Newquay but they never looked like winning this match even after Matt Lloyd had equalised for Sticker Newquay did score a really good goal by Jack Bray EVANS a bicycle but the ref had already blown for a foul on a Sticker player . StICKER scored the winner right at the end and they deserved there win because they where the better team .Lovely ground Sticker and some lovely people there to talk to as well .Hope to see a better performance from Newquay on tues night against Torpoint  because this afternoon u where bloody awful .My man of the match for Newquay Tornado Bello and for Sticker the No 4

Sorry Derek i didnt think he was at his best today lost the ball too often but the gaol he scored was pretty spectacular pity it was  dissalowed i thought Tornado was the only plaer likely to score and had a good game good win for Godolphin Derek may see u there next week think they are playing Exmouth

Yes excellent win for the boys today. Really pleased for Kevin getting his first win especially with several key players out. I'll be in Bournmouth next weekend watching City so will miss the Exmouth game so will be looking out for your report on the forum. I'll be at Helston on Tuesday to hopefully watch Kayne Trevaskis and our new boy Ed give Tom Smith the runaround.

Should be a good game at Helston Godolphin should win that Helston are letting in so many goals another hammering today against Plymouth Argyle RES how long will it be before Mr Massey is still at HELSTON if they get more hammerings dont think Tom Smith is there answer they need Howlett back playing .I will be watching Newquay vs Torpoint and 1st half of St Austell vs Plymouth Argyle on fri with a player i really rate at Argyle Alex BATTLE i reckon he will be the 2nd highest goalscorer in the league this year Mr Glynn Hobbs to be no1 again

Jack Bray-Evans was nowhere near his best, suffering with a head cold apparently and was a doubt. Tornado was good and a decent performance from Harry Tilson at RB. Not sure what is his prefered position. Sticker were the better side and deserved the win. Excellent improvements to the ground. Just get some more seating and give tha Vase a go?

Jack might have been under the weather yesterday but his quality was there for all to see. He was at the heart of all Newquay's best work ,  he drew several fouls in the attacking third and a superb run to the byline and crossed with his weaker foot for Tornado to finish after the goalie fumbled. Tornado was a handful though ill give you that.

Really enjoyed Stickers performance though, played some excellent stuff through the midfield and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Well said Danny, the next game comes around quick, you're only as good as your last game, a win on Tuesday night will put it all right. To be honest the first half wasn't a classic for either team but the second half was a cracking game of football, very end to end and could have gone either way really but a great free kick a few minutes from the end by Frankie was a goal that deserved to win any game. Must say a great bit of technique from Jack on the overhead kick, there was a slight nudge just before it which was well spotted by the ref but you get away with them sometimes, Ibrahimovic been doing that for years! I think both teams will be ok this season, it's a tough league but I think both teams have got enough either end of the pitch to pick up plenty of points. I'm a bit biased mind as these are my two favourite teams but both clubs got some talented boys and two good young managers, good luck for the season.