Cornwall Football Forum

We Two

Looking at the fixtures over the summer holiday period, perhaps more consideration should be given to travel problems incurred with the volume of traffic on the roads on a Saturday, which is recognised by the majority as the change over day, with HIGH volumes of traffic in both directions within Devon and Cornwall.  This Saturday 26/08/17  Helston to Stoke Gabriel, Godolphin to Exmouth, Ivybridge to Sticker are all games that will mean players being available for an early start, or the travelling club suffering the consequence of a depleted squad.   Just seems a little unfair and potentially avoidable.
The Saturday journey to Exmouth for the Sticker followers a couple of weeks back, took some of us 3 hours, and no we don't need to change the car !!!!

Just now, We Two said:

Looking at the fixtures over the summer holiday period, perhaps more consideration should be given to travel problems incurred with the volume of traffic on the roads on a Saturday, which is recognised by the majority as the change over day, with HIGH volumes of traffic in both directions within Devon and Cornwall.  This Saturday 26/08/17  Helston to Stoke Gabriel, Godolphin to Exmouth, Ivybridge to Sticker are all games that will mean players being available for an early start, or the travelling club suffering the consequence of a depleted squad.   Just seems a little unfair and potentially avoidable.
The Saturday journey to Exmouth for the Sticker followers a couple of weeks back, took some of us 3 hours, and no we don't need to change the car !!!!

With more local trips needed mid-week, bank holiday, Boxing Day, Good Friday and reduction in travel during the winter wet months some of the longer travel is inevitable I believe. With all of those considerations I would never do Phil Hiscox job.

21 minutes ago, We Two said:

Agree entirely, been saying this for years just a little more thought required when fixturing.

5 minutes ago, We Two said:

Agreed, but in the middle of the August bank holiday period with traffic at its peak of the holiday season ? ?

Its at the most 2 weekends - surely consideration could be given to more localised fixtures just for this short period.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

To be fair I left home at half 1 today. I was stood out side Home Park at half 2. The traffic was perfect. No queues anywhere. What is it with people and travelling? It's not that far. 

Have to agree with you Paul. Drove to the Liskeard v Mousehole game today from Camborne and didn't take any longer than normal!

Heavy traffic in the normal places between Chiverton and Carland Cross, but no different than usual! 

You could argue that at least you get half decent weather to drive in for a longer trip. You will never please all 50 odd clubs. Totally impossible. If Truro can cope with playing in Essex in the summer I'm sure the likes of Sticker going to Exmouth have nothing to moan about. 

Must admit i was surprised how quiet the roads were Dave.