Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Plymouth Parkway Today 3pm

1-4 to parkway for me! Can't make today's game as I'm over Camborne way (I know not my choice!). Falmouth were looking average pre season I must admit, but have proved me and others wrong with a very good season. I have heard they'll be at Bickland for at least 1 more season, which is a shame as they seem reluctant to spend any money and have done for a while on their facilities which are in dire need of a refurb, but I guess it makes sense for now but still isn't great for anyone wishing to watch a game. When they do move I have heard their weekly budget will triple in order for them to push up the leagues! Great to see some ambition, they'll have the facilities on offer and I expect the budget to get the players which you'd normally see in the teams such as parkway, Bodmin etc!

16 minutes ago, Sijames said:

1-4 to parkway for me! Can't make today's game as I'm over Camborne way (I know not my choice!). Falmouth were looking average pre season I must admit, but have proved me and others wrong with a very good season. I have heard they'll be at Bickland for at least 1 more season, which is a shame as they seem reluctant to spend any money and have done for a while on their facilities which are in dire need of a refurb, but I guess it makes sense for now but still isn't great for anyone wishing to watch a game. When they do move I have heard their weekly budget will triple in order for them to push up the leagues! Great to see some ambition, they'll have the facilities on offer and I expect the budget to get the players which you'd normally see in the teams such as parkway, Bodmin etc!

Interesting news that Sijames.

I hope you have heard wrong about Falmouth's plans to triple their playing budget and go up through the leagues. I assume they would finance this from the proceeds of the sale of their ground. As it seems Falmouth will not own their new ground then the likely end scenario would be that we have a few seasons in a higher league  before dropping back down and ending up with only the existing social club, stranded in the middle of a housing estate. Sounds like commercial suicide to me!

Is it not too late for the club to pull out of the plan to go in with the school, sell their whole ground including the social club. (Hence making more money) and buy some farmland up at a cheaper price? There is plenty just up the road at Hillhead/Kergilliack. This way we will end up with a similar asset to what we have now!

Alternatively the Falmouth Rugby Club bought some fields at Menehay a few years ago and got planning to put in pitches and a social club. In the end they were not allowed to sell their existing ground in the town and have since unsuccessfully been trying to sell the land for housing. Maybe they would take an offer for the land as I believe it is owned by a number of club members who no doubt would be keen to see some money back.

Just a few thoughts from a concerned life-long fan  Maybe someone from the club would like to comment. 

Just like to say also that the footballing side of the club is exceeding all expectations with a team of West Cornwall based players and with the recent signing of Mattie Buchan from Helston we seem to be able to attract the cream of the local p!ayers now. If they are all up for the travelling it may be affordable to go up through the next couple of leagues on a similar budget. We do not want to go back to the days of Plymouth-based players only there for the money!

Probably won’t get a better chance against Parkway as their recent bans from the Tavvy game must be due? 

I said ages ago that Falmouth were the best Cornish team this season (excluding Truro, before I get told off again) - however their only weakness (for me) is central midfield, which is also Parkways strength - so still a big ask. 

If Falmouth have a full attacking line up and can pin Parkway back they have a chance. 

Good luck - should be a cracker. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Probably won’t get a better chance against Parkway as their recent bans from the Tavvy game must be due? 

I said ages ago that Falmouth were the best Cornish team this season (excluding Truro, before I get told off again) - however their only weakness (for me) is central midfield, which is also Parkways strength - so still a big ask. 

If Falmouth have a full attacking line up and can pin Parkway back they have a chance. 

Good luck - should be a cracker. 

2-1 parkway HT

58 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

No-one said it would be easy!!

FT Falmouth 1 Parkway 2 .We'll done town although we lost it shows how far we've  come .parkway rocking at the end .their management celebrating at the end like they' won the fa cup or was it relief to hear the final whistle .also big Al proved wrong yet again ! ?

29 minutes ago, mattelot said:

FT Falmouth 1 Parkway 2 .We'll done town although we lost it shows how far we've  come .parkway rocking at the end .their management celebrating at the end like they' won the fa cup or was it relief to hear the final whistle .also big Al proved wrong yet again ! ?

Be a different story at Parkway !

Well it was like the Alamo for the last 5 minutes , Falmouth hitting us with everything. Hard fought game today and the best Cornish team we've played so far this season. Not sure the lads name but their young number 11 will be one too watch in the future. Also impressed with the young right back number 6.

Great away support , possibly 50 ?

Unlucky Falmouth , but well played Parkway.

Next stop Bodmin away.

Cmon Parkway.

The number 11 is olly walker and the number 6 is jack webber the two youngest players on the pitch , who both are in the county u18 squad.I thought Falmouth were very unlucky not to come away with something today,two very good footballing sides well worth the entry fee. The future looks bright for Falmouth’s young side!

57 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Well it was like the Alamo for the last 5 minutes , Falmouth hitting us with everything. Hard fought game today and the best Cornish team we've played so far this season. Not sure the lads name but their young number 11 will be one too watch in the future. Also impressed with the young right back number 6.

Great away support , possibly 50 ?

Unlucky Falmouth , but well played Parkway.

Next stop Bodmin away.

Cmon Parkway.

Thanks for your gracious comments bald one .This season the lads have proved the critics and one in particular wrong and we're already looking forward to next season with anticipation .?

34 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Thanks for your gracious comments bald one .This season the lads have proved the critics and one in particular wrong and we're already looking forward to next season with anticipation .?

Half of the team will have gone before then.

12 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Half of the team will have gone before then.

Big Al life is short my friend. Cheer up as tomorrow is guaranteed for nobody. It would be great to get you along to a couple of games to see how our young lads are working their socks off week in week out to get Falmouth back on the map with a whole team that live within or close proximity of the town. Not normally the case for many previous Falmouth teams, 

The negativity is quite baffling, and in the spirit of life being short their will be a paid ticket on the kiosk for you and a friend  and a taxi to and from your home. Compliments of myself. 

All the best

Milch

6 hours ago, J MILLER said:

Big Al life is short my friend. Cheer up as tomorrow is guaranteed for nobody. It would be great to get you along to a couple of games to see how our young lads are working their socks off week in week out to get Falmouth back on the map with a whole team that live within or close proximity of the town. Not normally the case for many previous Falmouth teams, 

The negativity is quite baffling, and in the spirit of life being short their will be a paid ticket on the kiosk for you and a friend  and a taxi to and from your home. Compliments of myself. 

All the best

Milch

You won’t get a better offer than that Big Al!

6 hours ago, J MILLER said:

All the best

Milch

He'll probably find a way to moan about your driving!! 

2 hours ago, gingerninja said:

2 hours ago, gingerninja said:

You seem to know my habits                                                                                                                             1

1 hour ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Al are you a Falmouth fan ? 

1 hour ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Al are you a Falmouth fan ? 

Yes, the first match I ever saw was in 1966 against Oxford in the fa cup and apart from the late eighties and early nineties, hardly ever missed a home game. I have not seen them since the September before last and follow the coverage on twitter (it is probably less conflict that way).

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

You won’t get a better offer than that Big Al!

11 hours ago, J MILLER said:

All the best

Milch

I offered Alan (big al) a lift to the Cup Final too but I had not even received a no thank you. ?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Yes, the first match I ever saw was in 1966 against Oxford in the fa cup and apart from the late eighties and early nineties, hardly ever missed a home game. I have not seen them since the September before last and follow the coverage on twitter (it is probably less conflict that way).

The Oxford United game was in November 1962.