Helston Athletic 4-1 Torpoint Athletic

Launceston 2-1 Ivybridge Town                   

Plymouth Parkway 2-1 Falmouth Town      

Witheridge 0-6 Bodmin Town

DIVISION ONE EAST

Brixham AFC 1-1 University of Exeter          

Teignmouth 2-3 Bovey Tracey

30 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

I reckon the Callington v Tavi game could be a cricket score. Hearing Callington don't have anywhere near a first team squad! 

Quite understandable due to the number of games teams are playing almost every other evening. Does the league in organising these realise that work commitments take priority over football ?

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Quite understandable due to the number of games teams are playing almost every other evening. Does the league in organising these realise that work commitments take priority over football ?

The league is left with little choice with the shite weather we've had and Callington's marshy pitch.

They played well against Stoke on Monday but lack of fire power cost them. 

3 hours ago, secretscout said:

Maybe they have one eye on a "bigger" game tomorrow night against Camelford?

It will be a mistake if they have, Tavvy have had a hard run and Camels have taken 9 points in the last week - playing with roughly the same players each game and improving.

Callington need to be targeting every game as there are points out there to be won - and until the FA decide that definitely only one relegation they need (and should want) to give themselves every chance - Witheridge need points urgently or gone and Callington should be aiming to finish above Exmouth (who I reckon will end up 19th who have lost 9 in a row and other than the last game v Godolphin I can't see them picking up any points in their last 5 games).

Agree with Bobjfh. If Callington prioritise tomorrow nights game, end up losing tonight and then lose to Camelford tomorrow, then they have effectively throw away a game (tonight). The bottom 5 all still need to try and pick up points wherever possible!

I went around to take this game in last night as Torpoint were away at the other end of the county.  I only recognised 3 of the starting 11 for Callington last night.  Kirk Smith, Sam Borthwick and Kieron Prescott.  I can only assume the rest were the talked about 2nd team players.  Having watched a handful of Callington games this year this was by far the best performance I have seen from them.  The first goal probably had everyone thinking this could be a cricket score after a mistake in the middle put Josh Grant through and he doesn't need any invitation to score, 1-0 after 2 minutes.  The rest of the 1st half saw half chances for both teams in a relatively even game.  The 2nd half started in the same vein and actually, Callington began to grow into the game and were then set back by a 2nd Tavistock goal after a really good run from Liam Prynn who squared the ball for Tyler Elliot to force a great save from Borthwick and from where I was stood, Liam Prynn looked offside as he tapped in the rebound, Borthwick and a couple defenders raced to the linesman to let them know exactly what they thought of his decision.  The goal stood and then Tavistock's superiority took over for 20 minutes as they coasted into a 4-0 lead.  They then seemed to step off the gas and  allow Callngotn to get a goal after good play in the middle by Callington, the ball was crossed in and a looping finish by the young striker George.  Someone told me he was in the Cornwall team.  He certainly played well against the best 2 defenders in the league.  Callington continued to press for another goal and got a penalty after a very harsh handball shout.  Kirk Smith scored and after the recent comebacks in the champions league lately, I questioned whether one was on here.  Even though Callington finished the game stronger than Tavistock it was the away team who's experience and management of the game which saw out the remaining 7 or 8 minutes for a deserved 3 points.  A good game to watch and credit to both sides who provided it after a tough run of games of late.  Possibly my last visit to Callington this season, a ground which has developed rapidly in the last season or so.  One of the nicer grounds around.  Good luck to both sides for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, secretscout said:

Possibly my last visit to Callington this season, a ground which has developed rapidly in the last season or so.  One of the nicer grounds around.  Good luck to both sides for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the nice words Secretscout, we do have Torpoint to play at home on May 7th

Take nothing away from Callington's display, which was good but three games in the previous five games took it's toll on Tavistock... Tavi, lost influential Centre half Dan Evans early in the game, which saw the right back move in... Tavi made a couple of changes when they picked up a couple of injuries which meant both wingers (Crago and Cairo) had to play left and right fb!!! With 10mins to go Tavi then went down to 10 when they picked up another injury after using all their subs. So I believe Tavi would have been pleased with  last night's result.. 

Other teams must be suffering in the same way in what is a farcical end to the season.. 

Launceston 2 - 1 Ivybridge

A good contest between 2 teams, with Ivybridge pressuring the home teams goal, which saw the home keeper push the ball onto his own cross bar while facing his own goal, it was no surprise that Ivybridge took the lead, with the goal keeper slipping as he went to clear the ball, the away team striker, Joe Truelove, was fastest to react, lunging with an outstretched leg to push the ball into the net on 21 mins.

Wasn't long before the home team drew level with a well headed goal on 26 mins from a corner which the away defence failed to challenge for.  Launceston then took the lead 10 mins later after Ivybridge defender thought he had been fouled, however, the Ass ref & ref waved play on.

HT 2 - 1

The second half was all Ivybridge & had 4 good chances to get something out of the game, which they deserved, but, you don't always get what you derseve in football.

FT 2 - 1

Ivybridge over the last 10 days have Played 4 Won 3 Lost 1  Sure they would have taken that before any game had been played.