Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Tournament 2018

Pz.2--FT 3 (1-2)  Est Att.150

Two well matched sides both playing the first time passing to feet with high energy levels right til the end.

I stand to be corrected but the scorers were-Luke Johnson and Mark Vercesi---for Falmouth it could be a hat trick for Matt Buchan

Jordan Annear was on target for Tiverton Town  tonight playing alongside former Falmouth players Nick Hurst and Harry Evans

On 28/07/2018 at 21:30, Dave Deacon said:

Saturday’s result :

Helston 4 (Wharton, Cattran, Marks, Davies pen)

Porthleven 2 (Fraser, Beesley)

Port two up five minutes into second half, looking capable of getting a result, but once the hosts scored, the whole balance of the game altered!

225AC380-9225-4DBF-AB2F-BDDAF78EB0F5.png

Took this game in myself Dave, rarely venture to Helston so thought why not. Was also intrigued to see how both sides were shaping up after very little transfer talk. A game of two halves..... thats if you divide the game into 60 mins & 30 mins. Helston were very poor and Port cruised to a 2 goal lead, good fortune from a defensive header lead to the first helston goal and then a blocked clearance a few yards out fired into the net for the equaliser. Marks on the right fired Helston into the lead through a crowd of players (he was a shining light for helston)..... the fourth goal was comical, ref blows for a foul on the edge of the box before another challenge occurs inside the box, ref then makes the decision to give a penalty although blew his whistle way before the challenge was made... everyone around the ground confused by the decision, ironically ref was the premeir league linesman, who had a poor afternoon IMO, let a few bad challenges go for nothing from both sides... should've stuck with a local ref such as G Patterson who was on the line. In all, Helston poor but got the win, Port will be disappointed to have let a 2 goal lead slip so easily. Lovely clubhouse & food hut ?

8 hours ago, SCFC said:

Took this game in myself Dave, rarely venture to Helston so thought why not. Was also intrigued to see how both sides were shaping up after very little transfer talk. A game of two halves..... thats if you divide the game into 60 mins & 30 mins. Helston were very poor and Port cruised to a 2 goal lead, good fortune from a defensive header lead to the first helston goal and then a blocked clearance a few yards out fired into the net for the equaliser. Marks on the right fired Helston into the lead through a crowd of players (he was a shining light for helston)..... the fourth goal was comical, ref blows for a foul on the edge of the box before another challenge occurs inside the box, ref then makes the decision to give a penalty although blew his whistle way before the challenge was made... everyone around the ground confused by the decision, ironically ref was the premeir league linesman, who had a poor afternoon IMO, let a few bad challenges go for nothing from both sides... should've stuck with a local ref such as G Patterson who was on the line. In all, Helston poor but got the win, Port will be disappointed to have let a 2 goal lead slip so easily. Lovely clubhouse & food hut ?

Spot on can’t say anymore or less to that report. An honest opinion. 

Porthleven 2-2 Penzance

ironically, yet another game of two halves, and yet again involving Porthleven. First half was all Penzance, they were two up in 15 minutes, Ed Wilton scoring both, and they way it was going, it was looking like it was going to end up 7 or 8 nil. Two changes just before half time saved Porthleven, as in the second half, they finally showed up. They were back in the game through a fantastic goal by George Molcher and were soon level through Darren Davey who tapped home after SPB had done well to keep out R Carey's header. As the game entered its closing stages, Porthleven looked like they were going to nick it, but had to be wary with players such as L Johnson, Kev Lawrence & Lewis Caspell on the break. The two centre halves for both sides had fantastic games... a point a fair result in the end.

Looking forward to the game tonight down at one of my favourite grounds.... predicting Falmouth to win 4-1

15 hours ago, SCFC said:

Porthleven 2-2 Penzance

ironically, yet another game of two halves, and yet again involving Porthleven. First half was all Penzance, they were two up in 15 minutes, Ed Wilton scoring both, and they way it was going, it was looking like it was going to end up 7 or 8 nil. Two changes just before half time saved Porthleven, as in the second half, they finally showed up. They were back in the game through a fantastic goal by George Molcher and were soon level through Darren Davey who tapped home after SPB had done well to keep out R Carey's header. As the game entered its closing stages, Porthleven looked like they were going to nick it, but had to be wary with players such as L Johnson, Kev Lawrence & Lewis Caspell on the break. The two centre halves for both sides had fantastic games... a point a fair result in the end.

Looking forward to the game tonight down at one of my favourite grounds.... predicting Falmouth to win 4-1

Well done SCFC!

7 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Well done SCFC!

Im afraid i wont be predicting the lottery numbers this week ;) 

Falmouth 4-1 Helston.

First half was a very poor affair, passing a little loose at times and very little goalmouth action. Sprung into life in the final 5 minutes of the half, as Jordan Annear was brought down by a combination of two helston players in the box. I've seen Steve Massey was adamant it wasnt a penalty, however, i was standing right behind the goal, neither player touched any of the ball and the striker was clearly tripped. Annear sent Wyatt the wrong way to make it 1-0. Within minutes, helston were level, I think it was Cattran that had the goal (i was at the opposite end mind), good strike that beat the keeper.

Second half was much better, Helston rotating frequently due to a number of injuries picked up, but Falmouth were back in front rather fortuitously. A wicked bounce in the box sent the ball over Kirk Davies' head and right at the feet of former Helston lad Mattie Buchan who swept it beyond Wyatt. Falmouth kicked on and grabbed another through Buchan again, follwing great work from Nixon, and yet again Buchan finished it very well. Buchan had his hattrick when Jordan Annear stole the ball off of the helston centre back, raced through one on one with Wyatt, before he was brought down by the keeper... again huge complaints from the Helston players, which confused us all watching as it was a clear penalty again. Buchan sent Wyatt the wrong way to complete his hattrick.

Couldnt argue too much with the result, Helston had very few other memorable chances and Falmouth were good value for the win

prediction: falmouth to win the Dave Gardner ;)  

Falmouth lineup--Ryan Barnes(C)-Dave Blizzard(Joe McIlroy 12m)-Tom Annear-Ryan Martt-James Ward-Adam Williams(Liam Chinn 62m)-Tim Nixon(Kian Thomas 68m)-Martyn Duff-Matt Buchan-Andrew Westgarth (Jack Bowyer 68m)-Ollie Moody--Not Used Marcello Jones

Jordan Annear scoring for Tiverton today -also scoring was Ex Town  Harry Evans