Cornwall Football Forum

Trophy Cabinet getting congested

SW Peninsula Charity Bowl  at Boscawen Park,St.Dennis

Falmouth Town  2---Plymouth Parkway 1  (0-0)

David Broglino 62m-Luke Brabyn 88m------------Aaron Bentley  90m+

Falmouth lineup

Ryan Barnes-Jack Webber-Ollie Moody-Martyn Duff-Joe Cooper(C)-Dave Blizzard-Luke Brabyn-David Broglino-Matt Buchan(Ryan Martt 15m)-Jack Bowyer(Adam Williams 60m)-Tim Nixon-Unused Subs Andy Westgarth-Jo McIlroy

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

SW Peninsula Charity Bowl  at Boscawen Park,St.Dennis

Falmouth Town  2---Plymouth Parkway 1  (0-0)

David Broglino 62m-Luke Brabyn 88m------------Aaron Bentley  90m+

Fantastic mike ! Couldnt make it today .but always thought we'd  do it .parkway down to 10 men after 38 mins apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Don't bring him in to this. He only comes on here to stir the proverbial,  lol.

2 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Don't bring him in to this. He only comes on here to stir the proverbial,  lol.

The opening match against St.Austell will tell their supposed strength ! 

Watched the final at St Dennis not a bad game unexpected result i thought Parkway would win easily , This is a game Aaran Bentley will want to forget  the 2 goals where almost identical poor Aaran making a mess of his clearance and giving the Falmouth players 2 easy goalscoring chances which they greatfully took .Ryan Barnes pulled off some breath taking saves for Falmouth thats why hes my fav goalie but my fav striker Adam Carter was marked out of the game by  my man of the match Joe Cooper .Falmouth deserved there win and did it without the 2 Annears ,Ollie Walker and some others ,Parkway where missing Shane Krac , Mikey Williams and others im sure they missed Glynn Hobbs badly today .Met some nice people there but hadto drive all the way back to Newquay in 2nd gear my Clutch has gone so down garage tmmrw to get a new clutch more expense

Well done to Falmouth yet another trophy and good luck to Parkway in the new league

in the Falmouth line up in a previous post i saw Tim Nixon was missing he had a brilliant game and had poor BENTLEY tied up in knots all here is the Parkway team 1 OSBORNE ,2 HILSON 3 JOYCE 4 MILTON F FARKINS 6 BENTLEY 7 SMITH 8POPLE 9 CARTER 10 YETTON 11ROSENQUEST 12 LANE 14 MCCAULEY 15 MOORE .i also thought it was Rob Farkins who scored the Parkway goal not Bentley

3 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not anymore Charlie, they are your players now ....had my fun last season ...lol

I will never forget all these Penryn players who stepped up to The Premier Division challenge and have never looked back.

14 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

in the Falmouth line up in a previous post i saw Tim Nixon was missing he had a brilliant game and had poor BENTLEY tied up in knots all here is the Parkway team 1 OSBORNE ,2 HILSON 3 JOYCE 4 MILTON F FARKINS 6 BENTLEY 7 SMITH 8POPLE 9 CARTER 10 YETTON 11ROSENQUEST 12 LANE 14 MCCAULEY 15 MOORE .i also thought it was Rob Farkins who scored the Parkway goal not Bentley

Thanks all corrected Sir--Tim Nixon added--- according to The Falmouth Packet twitter it is showing Bentley as the PPW scorer.

Great performance from Town, even more so considering the amount of players out today. Also lost both strikers within an hour, although Parkway did have to play 55 minutes with 10 men. This team plays for each other and are very well organised with every player knowing their role in the side. Congrats to Westy and Charlie, another fantastic job well done and a bit more silverware!! Had to reorganise the team several times during this match and it worked perfectly ? Still think Parkway will do well this season, thought Yettsy looked sharp and was shooting on sight and on another day Carts might have had a couple. Couple of bad goals to concede which I’m sure wouldn’t have happened with a settled defence a month into the season. Well finished though with Brogs lashing into the top corner with a defender on the line and Luke clean through almost lost his chance with his right foot but popped up for him to finish well with his left. First game was decent as well. A nice day of footballing entertainment made even better by Town winning!!! ??

It was pleasing to get a win over 'bogey'  team Plymouth Parkway  as in 22 SWPL (P) meetings between the clubs Falmouth have only won 3 . The last being in 2011-12 season.

With Parkway venturing into The Western League it could be quite a while before they lock horns again unless fate brings them together in F A competitions.

I am confident that this progressive club will be competing at Southern League level sooner than later- good wishes to the Parkway.