Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard at Saltash United

42 minutes ago, scousemouse said:

It will be good to see Liskeard at Kimberley Stadium on Wednesday evening, albeit a friendly.  Such strong rivalries between these two clubs in the past.  

It is such a shame that Liskeard are not still in the top flight, I can well remember what a difficult team they were to win over.Perhaps it will come around again when the cornwall league is formed.

If teams actually got relegated from the prem and werent allowed to say oh no we will stay up then liskeard MAY have gone up this season. They were a club that applied for promotion but missed it by a place in the end I believe.

Although they wont be the team that were so strong back along, it could have helped to get them on that path

Went along last night to watch saltash vs liskeard, a side who have a picked up some good pre season results against some top SWPL Premier teams. Unfortunately for liskeard they came across and excellent saltash team, who for me dominated the game from start to finish. Liskeard didn’t seem to have much going forward, willing runners and worked hard but maybe lacked that bit of quality to test the saltash keeper. The midfield 3 of liskeard couldn’t live with the midfield runners of saltash, controlling the game with quick passing and link up play into the strikers, who dictated the situation everytime the ball was in the final third. For me It showed a gulf in class between top Div 1 teams & top Prem teams. On the whole a comfortable night for the ashes.