Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH 4 HELSTON 1

Once again a game of 2 halves . ?

First half a  disjointed town weren't allowed to play there usual free flowing passing game by a far quicker and hungrier helston .The helston defence coping very well with any town threat that included the returning jordan annear until he himself was bundled over in the box and then scored the resultant penalty .helston equalised before halftime following town not clearing the ball properly in there own box .westys half time team talk worked wonders and and town were a different side in the 2nd half , also helped i have to say by steve masseys substitutions .i counted 7 altogether .the helston defence that had coped admirably in the 1rst half were now in dissaray and any chance helston had of getting any thing out of the game quickly dissapeared with the impressive matt buchan scoring a hat trick  against his old side .one of them a penalty after jordan annear was pulled down in the box by the helston keeper .if it had been a league game it would have been a red card .keeper should have walked anyway after his tirade of abuse to the referee after the penalty had been taken .All in all a good evenings entertainment and we now look forward to porthleven on saturday.

Great result for Falmouth, who along with Saltash seem to be the two Cornish teams in the running for the league (along with Tavistock).

I watched a couple of Helston games last season and felt Mattie was being poorly used or appreciated by Helston - so not surprised by his end of season move and he must have enjoyed his hat trick - him, Jack Bowyer and Jordan Annear (if not at Tivvy) make a formidable front line up. 

On 04/08/2018 at 19:04, BIG AL said:

About time he made up his mind, if playing for money, then Tiverton here he  comes and I suspect that will be the outcome.

Such stupid comments on here from fucktards. Go ask him or his family rather then judge him. If you knew anything about him then you would know he just loves playing football and money is not a driving force in any decisions he makes.

all the best to him

6 minutes ago, No. 5 said:

Such stupid comments on here from fucktards. Go ask him or his family rather then judge him. If you knew anything about him then you would know he just loves playing football and money is not a driving force in any decisions he makes.

all the best to him

seen on Twitter earlier today that hes returning to Falmouth.... obviously big Al knows better?

19 minutes ago, SCFC said:

seen on Twitter earlier today that hes returning to Falmouth.... obviously big Al knows better?

Yeah he must, I spoke to his mum and dad on Saturday after the Falmouth game. Such a lovely family that all have a love for local football. Good luck to Jordan this season I reckon he will score even more goals this time around.

1 hour ago, No. 5 said:

Yeah he must, I spoke to his mum and dad on Saturday after the Falmouth game. Such a lovely family that all have a love for local football. Good luck to Jordan this season I reckon he will score even more goals this time around.

I think he would have scored more goals last season but he missed quite a few games through injury and unavailability I think. Been very impressed with Matt Buchan in pre season aswell. 

15 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Interesting decision for Westy with Jordan back. Matt Buchan 8 goals in 3 games in pre season and trying to fit big summer signing Jack Bowyer from Sticker into his team. Maybe all 3? Nice problem that a lot of clubs would like to have no doubt! 

As you say, nice problem to have.  Jordan will be starting striker, without a doubt. Both Jack and Mattie have pace and score goals - but if only playing two (let’s not forget Nixon) - it would be Mattie for me - bit controversial maybe but Jack misses a lot - if he scored every 1v1 with the keeper he would be contending for top goal scorer - Mattie gets a sniff and scores. 

Either way Falmouth will be top 3 and depending on the Tavvy / Saltash games could take the title. 

Bobjfh, completely agree! If Jack did score every 1v1 he'd be more than contending for top goal scorer, he'd be bleddy playing professional football in the premier league!  Sticker certainly wouldn't be in the league this year. It's a good job you don't have any say in team selections, what is your football background? Let me take a guess... you once coached your kids football team. Tenner says its no more than that ?   

In more important news reckon Bodmin will struggle this season? lost some big names and seemed to run out of funds for new talent, hope Helston have a great season, some big names and clearly ambitious, the season after this one I reckon they'll win the title with no qualms...

As Always 

Jesustalks x 

1 hour ago, Jesusfollows said:

Bobjfh, completely agree! If Jack did score every 1v1 he'd be more than contending for top goal scorer, he'd be bleddy playing professional football in the premier league!  Sticker certainly wouldn't be in the league this year. It's a good job you don't have any say in team selections, what is your football background? Let me take a guess... you once coached your kids football team. Tenner says its no more than that ?   

In more important news reckon Bodmin will struggle this season? lost some big names and seemed to run out of funds for new talent, hope Helston have a great season, some big names and clearly ambitious, the season after this one I reckon they'll win the title with no qualms...

As Always 

Jesustalks x 

Bodmin seem to be very tight lipped but I am sure they will finish in the top three.

Leeds has unfortunately disappeared off the forum after “one of his favourite teams” Liskeard beat them 4-2!! Then the 1-0 defeat against Saltash reserves and the 2-2 draw at Perranporth unfortunately turned him mute. Last time he suffered this illness he was gone for a month so just hope Bodmin beat Newquay this week so he can come back to us as we all miss his wise words terribly ?