BOLITHO PARK

ST PETERS ROAD

PL5 3JG

ADM £ & £4 CON

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS AND PASTIES FROM FRIARY MILL BAKERY, BAR OPEN FROM 1230

MATCH BALL SPONSORED BY

PARKWAY TIMBER COMPANY LTD

High quality timber supply for the Southwest

Parkway Timber Co. Ltd provides graded softwood, redwood decking, sheet materials, fencing products and a wide range of timber.

01208 72510

01208 72195

56 minutes ago, TimmyRaa said:

Wrong forum

34 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Quite.  

How is this swpl ? 

Truro city don’t post in here - a forum page was created for you.  ! 

With there being no competative games on this weekend seems like a great way to get a football fix before SWPL starts... not sure what your problem is Hetty and Timmy

18 hours ago, TimmyRaa said:

I think they’re after some more plastic supporters to top up the bank balance

16 hours ago, Hetty said:

What was was the point in them having their own Toolstation forum then ? 

ffs guys get a grip..........no one is moaning that Callington's Middle Man is posting on two different pages. Making people aware of what is going on or requesting help etc is not a crime ...perhaps some people only read one particular forum and may have missed out on an opportunity to watch a game or help out ..this is a great forum.. spoilt by a few idiots :SM_carton:

21 hours ago, TimmyRaa said:

I think they’re after some more plastic supporters to top up the bank balance

Would this be the same 30 or 40 or so regular Parkway supporters who have consistently travelled the length and breadth of Cornwall & Devon over the last few seasons boosting the home clubs bank balance through the gate/bar/food/programme etc profits? Mmmm, be interesting to see if gates increase, drop or remain consistent now they’ve gone. Be careful what you wish for.

??

I have to agree, why post on the Carlsberg page, when there is a Toolstation page, senseless.

Well I am sure the bank balances of local clubs will be boosted when Parkway are away, as they wont get many travelling.

Torpoint, Elburton, Saltash and Tavistock should do well in the coming season for Parkway supporters

The next game involving the Swpl champions is probably more relevant to a swpl forum than a discussion on pasties. True, Truro do not post on here but they perhaps if they engaged a bit more with the local football community they would find more support for their project. 

Just now, THE BALD ONE said:

must be spending £300 - £400 per away game .

Parkway fans who do not travel , go to many other games locally.

Still don't fully understanding the point you are making to be honest.

Just looked at the mileage for the return fixture with ODD DOWN. One hundred and twenty miles and a journey time of nearly three hours. There will not be many supporters travelling for Parkway this season.

1 minute ago, Rob1978 said:

The next game involving the Swpl champions is probably more relevant to a swpl forum than a discussion on pasties. True, Truro do not post on here but they perhaps if they engaged a bit more with the local football community they would find more support for their project. 

So what was the toolstation forum created for then ? What was the point ? 

1 minute ago, scousemouse said:

Just looked at the mileage for the return fixture with ODD DOWN. One hundred and twenty miles and a journey time of nearly three hours. There will not be many supporters travelling for Parkway this season.

They will have you believe 1000’s will go 

4 minutes ago, scousemouse said:

And your point is ?

4 minutes ago, Hetty said:

So what was the toolstation forum created for then ? What was the point ? 

They will have you believe 1000’s will go 

Seriously Hetty

9 minutes ago, Hetty said:

The way guys are going on you would think you been taking thousands to away grounds. Deary me ....... 

Often at away games Parkway fans have outnumbered homes fans by a considerable margin. This isn’t to boast, Parkway have the advantage of playing in a big city. However if you look at attendances, Cornish clubs biggest crowds are when they play Argyle, Parkway, Tavi. I think a split league will benefit Devonian clubs, as some will find the route to promotion easier,  but I think Cornish clubs will loose out. 

1 minute ago, Rob1978 said:

Often at away games Parkway fans have outnumbered homes fans by a considerable margin. This isn’t to boast, Parkway have the advantage of playing in a big city. However if you look at attendances, Cornish clubs biggest crowds are when they play Argyle, Parkway, Tavi. I think a split league will benefit Devonian clubs, as some will find the route to promotion easier,  but I think Cornish clubs will loose out. 

Nobody is debating that fact, I simply asked why this post is in the swpl section when Parkway had their own toolstation section created for them, surely those interested in what is going on at PP will visit that area of the forum  

Just now, scousemouse said:

Clubs around Plymouth will enjoy the support of Parkway supporters, when Parkway are away

Agree. 

I for one have enjoyed the discussion on pasties as in my opinion it's all part of football culture, in the past Truro supporters had a similar debate on burgers at away clubs but that's another story for another time, I don't want to cause any more discontentment on your forum. One final observation though every time you watch a match on telly these days you always see adverts for Ginesters must cost them a fortune in advertising, shame they don't put a bit more back into the local community. Off down the Town now for a pasty and a pint. :drink:

6 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I've never heard of any Cornish person "hating" Devon!!!!!!!

Bit of rivalry, no more than that imo .......hate to strong a word.

There's some on here who offer great banter on the tamar divide. Others show a real hatred of each other, and that's not just Cornwall towards Devon, it's both ways. There's a real divide on this forum and I don't see why. As a Devonian, I have nothing but respect for Cornwall, and its a beautiful county. However I will offer banter on the subject where needed 

Just now, gingerninja said:

There's some on here who offer great banter on the tamar divide. Others show a real hatred of each other, and that's not just Cornwall towards Devon, it's both ways. There's a real divide on this forum and I don't see why. As a Devonian, I have nothing but respect for Cornwall, and its a beautiful county. However I will offer banter on the subject where needed 

Same for me, everything is fair game for a laugh.....but never meant.

That is always the trouble with the written word, you can't see the smile, the raised eyebrows, the giggle when the person posts it, so the context can easily be lost.

Now git back over the bridge !!!

I always used to take the micky out of a mate from Luskeard for being Cornish. The truth is my grandparents were from Cornwall, his were from Poland. Most people down here have connections with both counties. I’m sure for most people it’s just banter. Personally I like to see all local clubs do well in national competitions. 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I've never heard of any Cornish person "hating" Devon!!!!!!!

Bit of rivalry, no more than that imo .......hate to strong a word.

The cornish has had a massive dislike for outsiders for generations, the further West you go the worst it gets, it's not just football related 

18 hours ago, hedgerow said:

The cornish has had a massive dislike for outsiders for generations, the further West you go the worst it gets, it's not just football related 

Hey... I'm down west!! 

I have no dislike for emmets, just cause they kin't talk proper, or put the cream on  scone the wrong way round! 

And brake on every bleeding corner when driving. 

And a few other things.... that's no reason to dislike the buggers! 

Is it??