Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town 5 Bodmin Town 1 (3-0)

Falmouth move up to third  after an emphatic 5-1 win over old foes Bodmin

12m.1--0 Jordan Annear (M.Buchan)

14m. 2--0 Jordan Annear (Follows up a buchan shot saved by Corey)

34m. 3--0 David Broglino( converts a L Brabyn cross)

46m   4--0 Matt Buchan (meets a L Brabyn low cross)

81m. 4--1 Ryan Oxley (substitute with BT first real chance)

.........4--1 Corey Harvey saves a penalty from J.Annear (added)

88m. 5--1 Tim Nixon (Former Bodmin-bursts through for a solo goal)

All details taken from twitter feed.

8 consecutive Home wins is a club record for Falmouth and Andrew Westgarth in the SW Peninsula League

Jordan Annear on 73 club goals from 83 appearances and goes above Gary Wignall 72 goals (1981-90) on the all time listing and is now level with Richard Francis(1974-78)-next in his sights is fellow team player Rob Wearne (long term injury) on 77 goals  2012>

Town absolutley awsome tonight .Bodmin very mediocre, how times have changed .no threat up front from the overweight no 9 .And town skipper joe cooper had harry evans in his back pocket all night .Gilby suprisingly quiet on the sideline .Has he seen the light and calmed down or just lost his enthusiasm ? Good to see so many truro supporters there again for their footy fix ,hope to see you again on saturday lads .?

how is Bodmins striker playing at that level ? he looks big  unfit and slow . surly Bodmin could recruit a striker from somewhere  . the east cornwall league and dutchy leagues  have some very good young hungry strikers looking for a chance . with no pressure of relegation is it not time to look to build a new team instead of same faces .

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

how is Bodmins striker playing at that level ? he looks big  unfit and slow . surly Bodmin could recruit a striker from somewhere  . the east cornwall league and dutchy leagues  have some very good young hungry strikers looking for a chance . with no pressure of relegation is it not time to look to build a new team instead of same faces .

Heard rumours that Bodmin tried to bring in James Lorenz from Liskeard over the summer. In a recent Cornwall Football Podcast, Darren Gilbert talked about how difficult it was to sign young players this past close season. Surprising, especially  given Bodmin's history of winning silverware.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Heard rumours that Bodmin tried to bring in James Lorenz from Liskeard over the summer. In a recent Cornwall Football Podcast, Darren Gilbert talked about how difficult it was to sign young players this past close season. Surprising, especially  given Bodmin's history of winning silverware.

he would have been perfect but i guess they want to be given a  proper chance not stuck on a bench for half a season 

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Trust me - James Lorenz would not be stuck on the bench as he’s without doubt one of the best attacking prospects around.

Dave - I would agree that the lad has great potential, it’s just a shame he won’t test himself at a higher level. I know he’s had Cardiff trials and there are family ties to keep him at Liskeard (and loyalty which is a great thing), but until he tests himself week in and week out against better defenders, it will only be potential - maybe next year when Liskeard  are promoted his true ability will shine. 

As for Bodmin trying to attract young players, I honestly don’t think they are a big draw for the young lads - why I can only guess with their great history, but I know of a couple younger players who have recently turn down approaches? 

28 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - I would agree that the lad has great potential, it’s just a shame he won’t test himself at a higher level. I know he’s had Cardiff trials and there are family ties to keep him at Liskeard (and loyalty which is a great thing), but until he tests himself week in and week out against better defenders, it will only be potential - maybe next year when Liskeard  are promoted his true ability will shine. 

As for Bodmin trying to attract young players, I honestly don’t think they are a big draw for the young lads - why I can only guess with their great history, but I know of a couple younger players who have recently turn down approaches? 

that really is  odd if they are turning them down 

On 22/08/2018 at 22:21, mattelot said:

Town absolutley awsome tonight .Bodmin very mediocre, how times have changed .no threat up front from the overweight no 9 .And town skipper joe cooper had harry evans in his back pocket all night .Gilby suprisingly quiet on the sideline .Has he seen the light and calmed down or just lost his enthusiasm ? Good to see so many truro supporters there again for their footy fix ,hope to see you again on saturday lads .?

Sorry got to dis-agree about the Truro fans.A lot of them are ex Falmouth fans who went glory hunting with Truro during the Heaney era and as a life long town supporter (41+ years) I don't want them back,I'm more than happy for them to go down with the sinking ship that is TCFC.This is not only my opinion as again when Heaney was in charge they wanted to ground share at Bickland Park but the idea was soon thrown out with the dishwater.

There's other teams they can watch,I'd rather have a ground of real Falmouth fans who along with the team are starting on an new journey which I'm sure will end in several trophies in the coming seasons.

Up the Town !

10 minutes ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Sorry got to dis-agree about the Truro fans.A lot of them are ex Falmouth fans who went glory hunting with Truro during the Heaney era and as a life long town supporter (41+ years) I don't want them back,I'm more than happy for them to go down with the sinking ship that is TCFC.This is not only my opinion as again when Heaney was in charge they wanted to ground share at Bickland Park but the idea was soon thrown out with the dishwater.

There's other teams they can watch,I'd rather have a ground of real Falmouth fans who along with the team are starting on an new journey which I'm sure will end in several trophies in the coming seasons.

Up the Town !

I know a few fairweather fans who moved up the A39 with the Heaney revolution but whether they are there to support Falmouth or not, they are paying their money and boosting the attendance. Maybe look after them the way Truro didn't and they will remain will stay committed. These are exciting times after many mediocre seasons in the doldrums.

11 hours ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Up the Town !

OUCH!!!!!! reality check there buddy - I like it.

On 22/08/2018 at 22:21, mattelot said:

Official attendance 170 and I am led to believe it is based on paying fans rather than a head count .

2 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Official attendance 170 and I am led to believe it is based on paying fans rather than a head count .

A good attendance.

22 hours ago, Fanfare said:

I know a few fairweather fans who moved up the A39 with the Heaney revolution but whether they are there to support Falmouth or not, they are paying their money and boosting the attendance. Maybe look after them the way Truro didn't and they will remain will stay committed. These are exciting times after many mediocre seasons in the doldrums.

They may make a few of the Falmouth supporters, who firmly believe they should have the ground to themselves  more sociable.