Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Elburton Villa 3pm Bickland

Yes Nick that was a worrying day-Rob has since made a full recovery and scoring and playing well last season.

Unfortunately he sustained a serious knee injury playing for the Reserves at St.Ives Town at the end of last season.   Rob is expected to miss all of this season but I am sure he will be at Bickland today in a supporting role.

That was Sept 2012 with Falmouth in the lead 2-1 until the tragic accident with the game abandoned after 74minutes. (Elburton returned for the re fixture in May and won 4-1 with Levi Landricome(now at Tiverton)doing the damage.

After conceding three goals before the half hour it looked ominous for visiting Elburton but a clean strike just before the interval gave them a lifeline. 

Falmouth who made four changes to their starting lineup from the scintillating midweek display against Bodmin were expecting to build on their lead in the second half playing towards the 'Shed' end but bottom club Elburton surprised many of the Town loyal.

Not only did they match  Falmouth in workrate but restricted them to barely a couple of chances with a rigid and disciplined defensive set up and some accurate sharp passing on the counter attack.

By the end Falmouth settled for the three points without over committing themselves and a performance "After The Lord Mayor's Show"--Surely the Villa dont deserve to be at the foot of the table on this display.

Jordan Annear with his 5th goal of the season (now 74club goals from 84 appearances) after 9 minutes(following on from a Broglino free kick) was added to in the same minute by Ryan Martt(Jack Bowyer assist) who netted his debut goalfor the club after 45 appearances.A.handball and booking for Sam Tattersall allowed David Broglino to smash home a penalty)-He has got to be the regular spot kick player from now.

A sweet strike from Josh Tattersall a minute before the interval  and on 74 minutes the same player (I think )timed a dart into the area from a right wing cross to touch it past Barnes.

Luke Brabyn was making his 50th appearance for Falmouth--First Bickland victory over Elburton since 2009  (4 drawn 2 losses)

Can Nick Pope confirm the 2nd Elburton goal please and did Kevin Yetton come on as sub?

I was waiting for No.15 Nick Pope to come off the bench LOL

15 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Heard it was 3-0 and comfortable then I heard it was 3-2. A win is a win though so hats off to all.

Is this the first time Falmouth have topped the SWPL?

Good question Fanfare

Since the SWP league began in 2007 Falmouth have only headed the Premier Div. table once and then for only four days.

It was after Liskeard Atletic 2--Falmouth Town 3 on Tuesday October 30th.2007