Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Premier - Bank Holiday Monday - Aug 27 2018

One match down one  to go watched a really good game Godolphin winning 2 -1 vs Millbrook both scored by Phil Lowry 1st goal was against the run of play Millbrook where playing some nice football but Tom Shepherd headed a lovely ball onto Phils foot and he  volleyed it into the Millbrook goal given the goalie no chance his 2nd was just a cool finish when 1on 1 .Millbrook could of got back into the game when the linesman called the ref over and gave a pen to Millbrook nobody knows why only him well justice was done when Ethan Fern made a great save to keep the score at 2-0 to the G Millbrook hit the crossbar with a tremendous shot and  got a goal they deserved but it did look offside but the goal was given .Brilliant display from the G AND MY MAN OF THE MATCH GOES TO ETHAN FERN for keeping Millbrook at Bay .I thought the young ref was excellent not so sure about 1 of the linesmen well that was good entertainment hope the Newquay vs Helston game will be just as good . Well done the G and hard luck to Millbrook you play too much passing try playing route 1 at times .ok time to walk up this bloody great hill to Newquay football ground

Back from the 2nd match today and a 2-1 win to the other team in Newquay ,this was yet another cracking game and Newquay played brilliant and went in front when all the Helston players stood aroud thinking the ball went out for a goal kick but it had not and was pulled back and the Newquay player put them 1-0 up right on half time .Helston came out 2nd half and scored there equaliser ,ex Godolphin player Josh Harris missed 2 easy chances for Newquay then you thought Helston would go on to win the match especially after my man of the match at the time Aaran Dilley had to go off injured but Jack BRAY Evans scored a fine goal beating Barrie Wyatt with a well placed shot the whole Newquay team where brilliant and deserved there win and my man of the match goes to Harry Downing who headed everything and kicked everything that came his way i was going to give it to Bray Evans but sometimes hes very greedy when on the ball but hes still a hell of a player .Well Done to Newquay for a great team display by every single player hard luck on Helston who played well and Hugh Howlett was as good as he always is liked the young no9  as well Kai Cornish i think hes called a real handful .Been a good day wins for both of the towns teams poor Smokie shattered now dont think he would want 2 games again

50 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from the 2nd match today and a 2-1 win to the other team in Newquay ,this was yet another cracking game and Newquay played brilliant and went in front when all the Helston players stood aroud thinking the ball went out for a goal kick but it had not and was pulled back and the Newquay player put them 1-0 up right on half time .Helston came out 2nd half and scored there equaliser ,ex Godolphin player Josh Harris missed 2 easy chances for Newquay then you thought Helston would go on to win the match especially after my man of the match at the time Aaran Dilley had to go off injured but Jack BRAY Evans scored a fine goal beating Barrie Wyatt with a well placed shot the whole Newquay team where brilliant and deserved there win and my man of the match goes to Harry Downing who headed everything and kicked everything that came his way i was going to give it to Bray Evans but sometimes hes very greedy when on the ball but hes still a hell of a player .Well Done to Newquay for a great team display by every single player hard luck on Helston who played well and Hugh Howlett was as good as he always is liked the young no9  as well Kai Cornish i think hes called a real handful .Been a good day wins for both of the towns teams poor Smokie shattered now dont think he would want 2 games again

Must of watched a different game, the helston number 5 (howlett) looked well out of his depth at that level

39 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

dont know why i thought it was 1-0 Dave must of been too busy taking photos and talking and to Maler i have been watching local football for a lot of years now and i think Helstons no5 Hugh HOWLETT is a class player i wouls have him in my team every time

Hugh Hewlett is quality known him for years played with him and against him. Top quality defender and can play too. Could have easily gone and played higher if he wanted too.