Cornwall Football Forum

Ludgvan v Mousehole MATCH OFF

According to the SWPL website it was mutually agreed by both clubs to cancel the game tonight.

Good from Mousehole on two counts. 

Firstly; if Ludgvan are still struggling to get a team together, Mousehole have done a local rival a big favour in allowing them time to get themselves sorted rather than run the risk of more fines and points deducted for nit fulfilling the fixture.

Secondly; looking at it from Mousehole’s point of view it’s very clever. On the one hand, they too might have had players missing tonight so re-arranging (possibly to a spare Saturday) gives them an even better chance of getting a result.

But, more importantly, supposing the game was cancelled and awarded to Mousehole tonight meaning more fines and points deducted from Ludgvan, there’s every chance that they might end up pulling out of the League sooner rather than later and any points awarded to the likes of Mousehole and Holsworthy (at the weekend) would be taken off the records.

Play the game at a later date (potentially at the end of the season) and Mousehole would not only get the 3pts for the win but would also potentially boost their goal difference which could make all the difference in a title run in.

14 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

Don't forget cornwall will have their own league next season which should make life a lot easier. Fingers cross they can continue and not pull out of the league 

Unfortunately it won't, it will make it worse. With the SWPL Premier and Div 1 West demanding the higher standard players many teams have suffered.

With the new set up which will see possibly 6 Combo and 6 ECPL sides join a new step 7 or is it 8 league there will be even greater demand for players of a better standard.

In a couple of years I can see the Trelawny and Duchy league dessimated with lower division vlubs folding as higher placed clubs scour them looking for players to join their ranks to replace the ones playing in this new Cornwall Senior League.

33 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Unfortunately it won't, it will make it worse. With the SWPL Premier and Div 1 West demanding the higher standard players many teams have suffered.

With the new set up which will see possibly 6 Combo and 6 ECPL sides join a new step 7 or is it 8 league there will be even greater demand for players of a better standard.

In a couple of years I can see the Trelawny and Duchy league dessimated with lower division vlubs folding as higher placed clubs scour them looking for players to join their ranks to replace the ones playing in this new Cornwall Senior League.

I agree CornishTeddyBoy it will only get worse in time. Also I don’t think the love of the game is there anymore. Less people playing football now. 

37 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I agree CornishTeddyBoy it will only get worse in time. Also I don’t think the love of the game is there anymore. Less people playing football now. 

No amount of restructuring can change the fact that the players are not there in the quantity or quality that used to exist. Gave my thoughts on this on a post in  another thread, just have to accept that the next few seasons will see more clubs go by the wayside.

Or are the players there but clubs have far to many teams and no competition for these players to get into a team. For example St Blazey played Millbridge in Plymouth last pre season. They had 4 sides and played 3 friendlies in a row that Saturday. Lots of players for a club like that. 

Why do people slag off ludgvan after the years where they had there ups and downs and for a side who first season in the swp finished runners up was a massive accomplishment but yeah unfortunately the players have left which was a shame but wat can u say it happens so why other people still criticise the club think they have one of the best grounds around and a hard working committee 

According to their website, Helston have a 1st 2nd and 3rd team plus 16 youth teams and a ladies team.   Well done Helston the admin headache each week must keep the relevant secretaries on their toes.   Their backroom boys deserve credit for their efforts, goes to show what can be done with the right kind of support.

12 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

No amount of restructuring can change the fact that the players are not there in the quantity or quality that used to exist. Gave my thoughts on this on a post in  another thread, just have to accept that the next few seasons will see more clubs go by the wayside.

Spot on. 

I think it may be that the game was postponed because being unable to raise a side or pull in the necessary players the new manager has made what must have been a hard decision and stepped down.

Tough times for all at Ludgvan and like others above I wish them good luck and hope they can somehow find a way to steer through stormy waters.

58 minutes ago, Moonraker1969 said:

I think it may be that the game was postponed because being unable to raise a side or pull in the necessary players the new manager has made what must have been a hard decision and stepped down.

Tough times for all at Ludgvan and like others above I wish them good luck and hope they can somehow find a way to steer through stormy waters.

Are you saying that Steve Allen has stepped down as well?