Newton Abbot Spurs  4-2 Uni of Exe

DIVISION ONE WEST
Plym Marjon 2-4 Bere Alston Utd

DEVON ST LUKES BOWL 1ST ROUND
Elburton Villa 4-4 Bideford
(Elburton win 5-3 on penalties)

18 minutes ago, Gremlin14 said:

Newquay 4 PAFC 0 HT

Are you here Gremlin, the worst ever Pafc side I have ever seen. These boys are Kids, not even young men, I have just been told 4 have school tomorrow morning! But great result for Newquay on paper, this could be 5/6. Poor crowd here tonight, I reckon the buggers knew Argyle were bringing their U15's ! 

All first year apprentices , very young indeed. It’s what happens with PAFC every season. First team have a game , injuries and an U23 game Thursday!!!!!! Newquay get lucky , shame other SWPL teams won’t and will meet a much strengthened team. Can understand how other teams can get annoyed apart from Teams at the top , they must be pretty happy ? 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Are you here Gremlin, the worst ever Pafc side I have ever seen. These boys are Kids, not even young men, I have just been told 4 have school tomorrow morning! But great result for Newquay on paper, this could be 5/6. Poor crowd here tonight, I reckon the buggers knew Argyle were bringing their U15's ! 

All must be over 16 as I understand the rules of the adult game.

15 minutes ago, Gremlin14 said:

16 min

Gremlin - there is an exception for Academy players as the decision as to their suitability sits with the pro club. 

Good 3 points for Newquay - Argyle Reserves do make a mockery of the league standings - but that’s the way it is and as Atherton rightly states Newquay can only play what is put in front of them - and the discussions over what team they put out is well documented. 

41 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Well my prediction of a 6-0 win to Plymouth was way off the mark a brilliant display from Newquay winning 5-2  but it was a very young Plymouth side but Newquay where that good not sure of the scorers but think Alex Cole got a hat trick he even missed a pen but followed up to score the rebound and scored a brilliant  i think it was him .In the 1st half the young Plymouth side where torn to shreds they just couldnt handle them especially Hayden Turner who tore the young full back to bits and Jose Perez was having a brilliant game they all where awesome and the new Captain Harry Downing was great at the heart of the Newquay defence . 1 player i thought was brilliant for Plymouth was the No 9 Klaido lolas he is one to look out for in the future .Newquay made 2 substitutions taking off the front 2 of ALEX COLE AND JOSE PEREZ this seemed to upset the team a bit and Plymouth scored 2 goals from Lolos  Rio Garside and i thought they was going to make a comeback but that was the final score 5-2 . Brilliant entertainment and tonight i am going to say man of the match for Newquay all of them they where magnificent and for Plymouth the no9 Lolos i think thats his name .See you next week Newquay when the quiet  Mr Gilbert brings his Bodmin team to town maybe mr Leeds United will be there in person . Onto saturdays game at Godolphin Way on Sat day when Saltash town up with i expect Ryan Richards and Sam Hughes leading there attack unlike at Newquay when both these players where missing .1 last word well done to the ref and his assistants just 1 complaint you shouldnt of dissalowed the Newquay goal but 5 isnt bad for a nights work

Sorry got my days mixed up could u put this in the tuesday report

Done it for you 100%. Well done Newquay, 3 points are 3 points when you’re struggling a bit. Wish we had 3 points although agree with some of the comments above. We had this discussion last year, you know what you’re getting with Argyle in the league. Just got to take the rough with the smooth I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Gremlin - there is an exception for Academy players as the decision as to their suitability sits with the pro club. 

Good 3 points for Newquay - Argyle Reserves do make a mockery of the league standings - but that’s the way it is and as Atherton rightly states Newquay can only play what is put in front of them - and the discussions over what team they put out is well documented. 

Thought it was something to do with insurance ?

Thankyou for putting my report of the match on the right day Sticker forever .You had to feel sad for the young Plymouth side last night the goalie looked about 12 and was so small they all looked so young and Kevin Hodges telling a Plymouth fan his team was rubbish wasnt very nice .It doesnt seem fair 1 week they have a professional team out and hammer the poor sods they are playing and then have to play there youth side ,but take nothing away from Newquay last night they where very good lets see how they get on next week against Bodmin

32 minutes ago, scousemouse said:

Plymouth Argyle are making a mockery of the league. Totally unfair for them to have a weak side one match and possibly a team full of first team players the next. 

So other teams don’t struggle with injuries or players missing? They can only use what they have available 

Argyle Massive club with highly skilled players throughout, Newquay small club with a small selection of local players who struggle to get the best team out every week.

Club's pick up injuries, they have to field what they have, as will us, and every club in this league.

5-2 to the Mints. I care not what they had available, as won't any club that plays us with a weaker side.

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

people moaning about argyle fielding a young team making a mockery of the league yet there were some on here praising a team for turning up with 5 players and borrowing players from the opposition as some sort of heroic act from the club . bit double standard  

I think a lot of that is because Plymouth Argyle are a Devon team. At least they got the fixture played, yes they do have the resources, unlike a lot of teams around.  The fixture was fulfilled. 

8 hours ago, scousemouse said:

Plymouth Argyle are making a mockery of the league. Totally unfair for them to have a weak side one match and possibly a team full of first team players the next. 

They got pelters last season for failing to fulfil a fixture, with many on this forum stating why didn't they field the kids. Now they have fielded the kids, they get pelters for it? I swear if Argyle were based in Cornwall this would never happen! Pathetic to criticise them

11 hours ago, Elephant said:

They got pelters last season for failing to fulfil a fixture, with many on this forum stating why didn't they field the kids. Now they have fielded the kids, they get pelters for it? I swear if Argyle were based in Cornwall this would never happen! Pathetic to criticise them

got to be honest, dont think its got anything to do with being a Devon side at all. Its purely the fact argyle field 11 pros one week and pump a top side in the SWPL, then the next theyve got a bunch of kids out and are losing to a lower side, with consistency of teams being the issue, not geographical location! if they play 11 pros every week, no issue at all, they'll win the league and destroy everyone or on the flip side, if they play kids every week and finish mid table, winning and losing some then there is no issue

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

got to be honest, dont think its got anything to do with being a Devon side at all. Its purely the fact argyle field 11 pros one week and pump a top side in the SWPL, then the next theyve got a bunch of kids out and are losing to a lower side, with consistency of teams being the issue, not geographical location! if they play 11 pros every week, no issue at all, they'll win the league and destroy everyone or on the flip side, if they play kids every week and finish mid table, winning and losing some then there is no issue

They haven't done anything wrong though. If their first team have a game what are they gonna do? They'll take all their pros there, and leave the kids behind to fulfil a fixture for their development team. If the first team don't have a game, and they have players short of game time or coming back from injuries, they'll play them. Nothing wrong at all. Like I said, they get the stick because of where the club is based that's all. They have to prioritise their first team, and given the amount of injuries they currently have, it looks like the kids will be playing in the SWPL for the next few weeks

21 minutes ago, Elephant said:

They haven't done anything wrong though. If their first team have a game what are they gonna do? They'll take all their pros there, and leave the kids behind to fulfil a fixture for their development team. If the first team don't have a game, and they have players short of game time or coming back from injuries, they'll play them. Nothing wrong at all. Like I said, they get the stick because of where the club is based that's all. They have to prioritise their first team, and given the amount of injuries they currently have, it looks like the kids will be playing in the SWPL for the next few weeks

i cant actually see how it at all relates to where they are based. I think the big difference is.... they have the ABILITY to play full time pros in what is in effect (as many people like to forget) a local league, non league, whatever you want to call it. No other club in the league can do that. I understand the situation with their first team, and that was the exact reason why they played the young lads against newquay... this happens at all clubs (ie Tavi being short would call from their second team, making their second team weaker), the big difference is, no pro players are involved. With the recent injuries to Argyle first team, i agree it will be the kids playing in the next few weeks, which is an absolute delight to their upcoming opponents but will leave teams that have faced the pros annoyed

19 minutes ago, SCFC said:

i cant actually see how it at all relates to where they are based. I think the big difference is.... they have the ABILITY to play full time pros in what is in effect (as many people like to forget) a local league, non league, whatever you want to call it. No other club in the league can do that. I understand the situation with their first team, and that was the exact reason why they played the young lads against newquay... this happens at all clubs (ie Tavi being short would call from their second team, making their second team weaker), the big difference is, no pro players are involved. With the recent injuries to Argyle first team, i agree it will be the kids playing in the next few weeks, which is an absolute delight to their upcoming opponents but will leave teams that have faced the pros annoyed

That's the luck of the draw I'm afraid. You cannot blame Argyle, they have no say in the arrangement of their first team fixtures or any other fixtures involving an Argyle side. They've fulfilled the fixture though playing a side available to them. The alternative would've been to cancel the game and gift their opponents the 3 points, something they did last year and got slaughtered for. There has hardly been any criticism for a side who turned up with 5 players recently, and, shock shock horror horror, they're from Cornwall!! 

45 minutes ago, Elephant said:

That's the luck of the draw I'm afraid. You cannot blame Argyle, they have no say in the arrangement of their first team fixtures or any other fixtures involving an Argyle side. They've fulfilled the fixture though playing a side available to them. The alternative would've been to cancel the game and gift their opponents the 3 points, something they did last year and got slaughtered for. There has hardly been any criticism for a side who turned up with 5 players recently, and, shock shock horror horror, they're from Cornwall!! 

No blame really to Argyle, just the league should have put limits on what they can and cant do. Failing that, shouldnt have had them in the league... pretty sure there is a reserves league like every other pro club competes in. Absolute farce that a side can turn up with 5, should never happen at any level. Only you seem to see all this Cornwall/Devon divide?

22 minutes ago, SCFC said:

No blame really to Argyle, just the league should have put limits on what they can and cant do. Failing that, shouldnt have had them in the league... pretty sure there is a reserves league like every other pro club competes in. Absolute farce that a side can turn up with 5, should never happen at any level. Only you seem to see all this Cornwall/Devon divide?

They have a reserve side in the reserve league this season. They've officially confirmed this side as their development team, hence the young players. In regards to the tamar divide, only a quick glance at a few comments will show that there's a substantial hatred from Cornwall to anyone from this side of the bridge, whether that be Devon or further afield

15 minutes ago, Elephant said:

They have a reserve side in the reserve league this season. They've officially confirmed this side as their development team, hence the young players. In regards to the tamar divide, only a quick glance at a few comments will show that there's a substantial hatred from Cornwall to anyone from this side of the bridge, whether that be Devon or further afield

with regards to the tamar divide, dont tar us all with the same brush. Tends to be just a few (Big Al being one) who has an issue with the Devon sides... I for one continue to follow the Parkway adventure so im glad when results are posted. Nice to see a local side with ambition

17 minutes ago, Elephant said:

only a quick glance at a few comments will show that there's a substantial hatred from Cornwall to anyone from this side of the bridge, whether that be Devon or further afield

Wrong....very simply - wrong.

13 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

And the people of Cornwall I’m sure will rejoice next season when they have their Cornwall Village League and will never have to cross the river again! 

Wrong.

42 minutes ago, Elephant said:

I agree with you. I mentioned this in an earlier post 

4 hours ago, SCFC said:

with regards to the tamar divide, dont tar us all with the same brush. Tends to be just a few (Big Al being one) who has an issue with the Devon sides... I for one continue to follow the Parkway adventure so im glad when results are posted. Nice to see a local side with ambition

Happy to agree with scfc.  Travelling over the border to watch Cornish teams play our Devon neighbours are almost always Saturday's to look forward to. Of course local football is easier and quicker to get to and watch but Devon away days for me are part of the season's enjoyment.

2 hours ago, Moonraker1969 said:

Happy to agree with scfc.  Travelling over the border to watch Cornish teams play our Devon neighbours are almost always Saturday's to look forward to. Of course local football is easier and quicker to get to and watch but Devon away days for me are part of the season's enjoyment.

When the Devon Sides depart the league will be nowhere near as Strong or as enjoyable.