Axminster Town  2,  Ilfracombe Town   2

DIVISION ONE WEST

Dobwalls 2,  Penzance 1          

Ludgvan 1,  Mousehole  11       

St.Blazey  1,  Porthleven   3                  

Wadebridge Town   3,  Liskeard Athletic   4                   

Wendron United  3, Bude Town  1         

FA VASE 2ND ROUND PROPER

Bodmin Town   1,   Alresford Town   0 (aet)

Cheddar   1,   St Austell   2

Exmouth Town   3,   Cadbury Heath   4

Hamworthy United   3,    Falmouth Town  1 (after extra time)

Ivybridge Town   1,   Saltash United   3

Willand Rovers   2,   Tavistock   1

DEVON PREMIER CUP 2ND ROUND

Braunton   2,  Stoke Gabriel   0

Crediton United   0,   Bovey Tracey  3

Elmore   1,   Teignmouth  0

Feniton   4,   Budleigh Salterton  6

Holsworthy   4,   Sidmouth Town  3 (aet)

Mount Gould   4,  Plymstock United   2

St Martins   6,   Plymouth Marjon  2

Torridgeside   2,  Witheridge  2 (Torridgeside win 5-4 on pens)

University of Exeter   5,   Buckland Ath Reserves   2

Well done to Sticker on gaining their first point in what must seem like years last night away at Callington, also good luck to sides in the Fa Vase today. League programme looks depleted today, & probably the most eye catching fixture is Wadebridge against Liskeard as the top two do battle at Bodieve Park. Another eye catcher is St.Blazey Vs Porthleven.

Two sides that have had a real huge fall from grace over the last 20 years, with St.Blazey now at their worst position in the clubs history & a huge transition. Cant see anything other than another drubbing & defeat on the cards for them today. Cousin Harold will be down there, travelling all the way from Trewoon like he does most weeks, hoping he isn't leaving at full time depressed & dejected by the home sides performance & scoreline. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Well done to Sticker on gaining their first point in what must seem like years last night away at Callington, also good luck to sides in the Fa Vase today. League programme looks depleted today, & probably the most eye catching fixture is Wadebridge against Liskeard as the top two do battle at Bodieve Park. Another eye catcher is St.Blazey Vs Porthleven.

Two sides that have had a real huge fall from grace over the last 20 years, with St.Blazey now at their worst position in the clubs history & a huge transition. Cant see anything other than another drubbing & defeat on the cards for them today. Cousin Harold will be down there, travelling all the way from Trewoon like he does most weeks, hoping he isn't leaving at full time depressed & dejected by the home sides performance & scoreline. 

Everybodies fall from grace is always just around the corner. 

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

It's actually their fourth point Leeds but we would welcome a win for the hard work they team are putting in!

36 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Players won’t be turning out at any club for the odd 10 pound note. Way of life 

Agreed, but how unfortunate is that when the national game revolves around money rather than a sporting achievement playing for your club.
Same applies from the professionals down to grassroots.

Saturday 3rd November 
SWPL Premier Division 
Torpoint Athletic 6-2 Newquay 

With three goals in the first eight minutes and a another Luke Cloke hattrick, Torpoint put to bed The Peppermints in the first half and to be undefeated in the last six league matches.

The match was only three minutes old when Darren Hicks scored with a lovely 25 yard curling shot into the top corner.

Then three minutes later, Lee Bevan corner found Josh McCabe at the far post to head home from close range.

Then on the 8th minute, Luke Cloke ran clear of the visiting defence and shoot past clear the visiting keeper Dan Peters to put the home side three goals in front with a flyer of a start.

On the 20th minute Luke Cloke headed home a loose ball from 8 yards after a mistake in theNewquay defence.

On the half hour, Jack Bray-Evans shot home from eight yards after a great save by home keeper Jason Peters, for the loose ball to full to Bray-Evans.

Five minutes later a cross in, found Gary Hird to shoot home from 10 yards to restore the four goal lead. 

Five minutes from the break, Ollie Dart picked up a loose ball from a great Jason Peters save to make the score 5-2 at half time.

Just past the hour mark, Luke Cloke shot from 15 yards after he interchanged passes with Scott Blatchford and again restore the four goal advance.

Torpoint carried on with making very good chances and in last five minutes  and with Newquay’s defence on damage limitation dutythey had two goal line clearances from shots from
Mike Roberts and Scott Blatchford.

Torpoint Athletic: J. Peters, J. McCabe, L. Bevan, S. Hill, E. Crawford, J. Heveran, P. Heveran, D. Hicks (M. Roberts 82), L. Cloke (D. Zalick 70), S. Blatchford, G. Hird (O. Aquilina 76)
Subs not used: G. Williams

Attendance: 89

Referee: Mark Senior

Man of the Match 
Luke Cloke (Torpoint Athletic)

EE723962-A5F8-4502-A99D-D9793EED5838.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

No FA Vase reports guys, will have go out and buy my copy of the Sunday Independent now. What went wrong yesterday Mattelot you let the side down mate, was looking forward to going to Wembley to watch you boys emulate the mighty Truro City.:smiley20::c:

They only had half of the first team from what I am told. Presumably it was too long a journey for the rest !

16 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

They only had half of the first team from what I am told. Presumably it was too long a journey for the rest !

As per usual you know absolutley  nothing. All the regular 1rst team were there apart from matt buchan injured ,and dave blizzard unavailable .jack webber came down from university and tom barwell made it from sweden .presumably it was too long a journey for you though because you werent there !!!

You know me, always give honest opinions, even if it does upset most as the truth often hurts, hence why so many Newquay & St Blazey fans over the years have had it in for me ! ( ? )

So here is my report from yesterday's game at Priory Park .... Bloody awful !! Through to the next round & that all that matters, but a terrible performance in the pissing down rain ! 

51 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

You know me, always give honest opinions, even if it does upset most as the truth often hurts, hence why so many Newquay & St Blazey fans over the years have had it in for me ! ( ? )

So here is my report from yesterday's game at Priory Park .... Bloody awful !! Through to the next round & that all that matters, but a terrible performance in the pissing down rain ! 

Think you under used the word awful!! The most dismal performance you will see for a long time .. Haven’t seen a more lacklustre effort from a team mind the visitors were just as bad 

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

As per usual you know absolutley  nothing. All the regular 1rst team were there apart from matt buchan injured ,and dave blizzard unavailable .jack webber came down from university and tom barwell made it from sweden .presumably it was too long a journey for you though because you werent there !!!

Its surprising what I know and by not going is proof - what a result !  - was it really worth the journey ?

Bickland Park is too far for Big Al!!! ? Unlucky for Town, 4 minutes away from going through in normal time.  ?  Watched my old mate DannyO put a shift in for Bodmin, not a game for the purist but really tough conditions yesterday. A good leveller as they say! It’s all about the result in these competitions anyway, nice few quid for Bodmin and in the hat for Monday’s draw the main thing! Good luck to Saltash and Bodmin, hope you both get a decent draw and keep the Cornish flag flying!! ??

9 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Its surprising what I know and by not going is proof - what a result !  - was it really worth the journey ?

Well worth the journey.the lads put in a battling performance of which they can be proud of .wouldnt of missed it for the world .probably  just as many town supporters there as hamworthy had ,some people car shared .had a good laugh in the bar after at someones expense .as its suprising what you know then i dont have to tell you who that person was .

8 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Well worth the journey.the lads put in a battling performance of which they can be proud of .wouldnt of missed it for the world .probably  just as many town supporters there as hamworthy had ,some people car shared .had a good laugh in the bar after at someones expense .as its suprising what you know then i dont have to tell you who that person was .

Probably would have gone if I could have afforded it !

1 minute ago, Mark Jones said:

6AF1312E-6B86-4C72-8D31-CAD21AB4B0A2.jpeg

Is this your portrait ?

First half Falmouth too defensive conceding too much territory but were solid with captain Joe Cooper outstanding and relying on counter attacks.

Second half  Falmouth upstaged th ir game with a tenacious approach and took the game to their higher league hosts and were deservedly rewarded when Jordan notched his 85th.club goal set up by Tim Nixon and it was looking likely that they could have doubled their lead.

With three minutes to go Hamworthy who  had brought on their star man Dan Cann (back from injury) levelled the tie from athe lively winger Sam Bayston.

From here on the momentum  dropped from Falmouth as the Hamworthy club revitalised made sure in extra time.

Falmouth adapted well to the artificial 3g pitch  but  but the home club playing every other week on this surface used the experience to their advantage.

Sam Pickup came on in the 108th.minute to be Falmouth's fourth substitute which is a new ruling for extra time in the Vase

34 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Ha Ha mention no names.

Great facilities at The Dorset County ground (disable friendly) and a very friendly family football environment, ladies ,children  all enjoying a football match day without any foul or abusive language-why can't this be done in our Cornish grounds?

176 miles for an enjoyable day to remember but it was a bit of a drag on the homeward journey-I probably wont make any more trips of this distance in future at my advancing years.

Good luck in the Vase to Hamworthy United a very well organised club.

19 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ha Ha mention no names.

Great facilities at The Dorset County ground (disable friendly) and a very friendly family football environment, ladies ,children  all enjoying a football match day without any foul or abusive language-why can't this be done in our Cornish grounds?

176 miles for an enjoyable day to remember but it was a bit of a drag on the homeward journey-I probably wont make any more trips of this distance in future at my advancing years.

Good luck in the Vase to Hamworthy United a very well organised club.

Just realised watching the on screen Pre match TV football was Bournemouth v Man utd.which was just  10 miles down the road.

Also met up with David Woon who now lives in Southampton he was the Falmouth Physio in the Western League era (Mid 70's)

48 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Probably would have gone if I could have afforded it !

Is this your portrait ?

Big Al it's probably worth dropping it now. You constantly claim you can't afford a few quid to watch 'your' team play. Then when you get offered the chance to go, paid for, with a nice cuppa waiting for you, you blank them and not respond/turn up. You're just playing ignorant and rude

20 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Big Al it's probably worth dropping it now. You constantly claim you can't afford a few quid to watch 'your' team play. Then when you get offered the chance to go, paid for, with a nice cuppa waiting for you, you blank them and not respond/turn up. You're just playing ignorant and rude

Obviously your interpretation of rude is different to mine.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

First half Falmouth too defensive conceding too much territory but were solid with captain Joe Cooper outstanding and relying on counter attacks.

Second half  Falmouth upstaged th ir game with a tenacious approach and took the game to their higher league hosts and were deservedly rewarded when Jordan notched his 85th.club goal set up by Tim Nixon and it was looking likely that they could have doubled their lead.

With three minutes to go Hamworthy who  had brought on their star man Dan Cann (back from injury) levelled the tie from athe lively winger Sam Bayston.

From here on the momentum  dropped from Falmouth as the Hamworthy club revitalised made sure in extra time.

Falmouth adapted well to the artificial 3g pitch  but  but the home club playing every other week on this surface used the experience to their advantage.

Sam Pickup came on in the 108th.minute to be Falmouth's fourth substitute which is a new ruling for extra time in the Vase

Didnt like all the rubber crumb spurting up from the pitch when the ball bounced on it,and when a anyone tackled it made the tackle look worse than it was . Also all the junior goal posts dotted along the sidelines .funniest memory was being told off by some W.A.G that we couldnt stand in front of the stand ,and the canteen doesnt do tea and coffee after the final whistle even though its open for food .if you want tea or coffee then you have to go to the garage up the road .???

41 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

He wants everyone and anyone to play into his stupid games. He is a keyboard helmet who has fun talking rubbish. he will get bored eventually

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Bickland Park is too far for Big Al!!! ? Unlucky for Town, 4 minutes away from going through in normal time.  ?  Watched my old mate DannyO put a shift in for Bodmin, not a game for the purist but really tough conditions yesterday. A good leveller as they say! It’s all about the result in these competitions anyway, nice few quid for Bodmin and in the hat for Monday’s draw the main thing! Good luck to Saltash and Bodmin, hope you both get a decent draw and keep the Cornish flag flying!! ??

Agreed Mark, all that matters is the result, we are in the hat for tomorrow's draw. Vut what a woeful game from both sides! Agreed conditions were dreadful

40 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Makes complete sense surely!

Yep can see the sense in it now , was just bemused at the time as we were only just in front of the stand ,had been there a while and she didnt say anything until we started cheering on the lads .?

Good to see you there supporting the boys as well dave .?

5 hours ago, mattelot said:

Brilliant lol

An efficient win up in Somerset for St Austell despite a late push by the hosts who scored bang on the 90 mins.  St Austell displayed better 'game management' than in the previous weeks defeat by Exmouth and for most of the game, were comfortable in all areas of the pitch.  Couple of early half chances went begging but once Slateford scored on the rebound from Eddy's left footed shot across the goalie, St Austell consistently pressing the Cheddar midfield and thus playing the remainder of the half in their opponents territory.  Second half fairly uneventful until from a corner, Chambers directed a powerful header towards goal and Goldsworthy pounced to flick it into the Cheddar net.  Highlight of the day for me was when Chapman 'air-kicked' a Cheddar through ball to be met with a shout behind me in a deep, Somerset burr, "watch out for the Cheddar bobble keeper!!" In summary, St Austell fully deserving of their win, backed by their 100+ supporters making the trip up. A good day out. 

Saturday November 03 2018 

v Ivybridge Town(away)

The FA Vase Round 2

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Dave Barker,

Callum Martindale,Sam Leary,Chris Menhenick,Danny Lewis(Caleb Summerfield 60 mins),Dave Trott,Sam Farrant,Henry Wilson,Sam Hughes(Lee Phillips 60 mins),

Ryan Richards(Shaun Cleary 75 mins).

Unused subs:Jamie Simmonds & Steve Sargison.

Bookings:Barker & Richards(both Yellow)

Wilson(red).

Result:Ivybridge Town 1 Saltash United 3    

Scorers:Hughes 2(3 & 47 mins),Richards(33 mins).

Attendance:N/A

Referee:Nicholas Eckland

The Ashes opened the scoring on five minutes when Sam Hughes forced the ball home at the far post.Ivybridge started to get into the game more but didn't really threaten the Saltash goal and their task was made even harder on thirty three minutes when from a Callum Martindale low cross Ryan Richards made it 2-0.

The second half was only two minutes old when Dave Trott sent a long ball down the right for Richards who outpaced the home defence and then crossed for Sam Hughes to score his second of the match and make it 3-0 to the Ashes.

Ivybridge tried to get a foothold in the game and it improved with twenty minutes to go when Wilson was sent off for a late challenge.Two minutes later and Dave Youldon gave the home side some hope when he reduced the score to 3-1.

Ivybridge started to push more men forward and in time added on Saltash made a break down the centre only for Lee Phillips to be brought down by the last man Scott Pocock who was then sent off.Saltash saw out the last few minutes to move into round 3 of the FA Vase.

20 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Sorry St.Austell!!!!! Obviously good luck to you as well!! Sorry lads I just take it for granted with you guys in the Vase!! ???

The commentary on Radio Rugby of the Bodmin game was so dreary as well. Using as many rugby phrases as they could and then "120 minutes have been played and there are three minutes left". A stopwatch would have been helpful.

And then listening to the local results and St Blazey against Perranporth? I didn't hear any results after that.

Big Al, is your point just to wind people up or were you once a supporter but aren't now? Why not swallow your pride and go and support the boys. Did you stand by the old tea hut on top of the bank? People are offering you olive branches which you snub every time. This is a good time to be supporting the team after several dismal years. Ok they might not win the league but they could have a say in where the trophy ends up.

On 04/11/2018 at 15:32, mattelot said:

Yes Jack Webber came down from University (London) but it was Josh Richards who returned to Falmouth from Sweden who I guess are on their winter break.

Josh who hails from North Country ,Redruth was released by Plymouth Argyle a couple of seasons ago and has been playing for IFK Ostersund in the Mellersta Norrland Div.2 League which is Tier 4 in Sweden

This is his second season at Falmouth

12 hours ago, Fanfare said:

The commentary on Radio Rugby of the Bodmin game was so dreary as well. Using as many rugby phrases as they could and then "120 minutes have been played and there are three minutes left". A stopwatch would have been helpful.

And then listening to the local results and St Blazey against Perranporth? I didn't hear any results after that.

Big Al, is your point just to wind people up or were you once a supporter but aren't now? Why not swallow your pride and go and support the boys. Did you stand by the old tea hut on top of the bank? People are offering you olive branches which you snub every time. This is a good time to be supporting the team after several dismal years. Ok they might not win the league but they could have a say in where the trophy ends up.

That was where I use to stand, very often eating chips at half time!

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Josh who hails from North Country ,Redruth was released by Plymouth Argyle a couple of seasons ago and has been playing for IFK Ostersund in the Mellersta Norrland Div.2 League which is Tier 4 in Sweden

Ahhh!!! 'That' Josh Richards ! Didn't even know he played football ! I remember him as a nipper when he did Thai Boxing down at Camborne.His parents Daz and Tracy were instructors.

On 03/11/2018 at 11:10, sportsman10 said:

If any club at this level gets its budget slashed it will be a fall from grace. Bodmin  no different. Players won’t be turning out at any club for the odd 10 pound note. Way of life 

Not any club. Millbrook don’t pay a penny to players, not even for fuel.

On 06/11/2018 at 01:40, Fanfare said:

St.Blazey against Perranporth could be a realistic fixture in the near future, the way it's going down there at Blaise Park