Penzance 5-2 St.Blazey 
Plymouth Marjon 1-0 Wendron United 
Porthleven 1-2 Liskeard Athletic 
St Dennis 1-1 Dobwalls

15 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Has to be - well done Milbrook ?

15 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Has to be - well done Milbrook ?

Indeed Keith, well done Millbrook. Very much deserved the Victory, a tough place to visit, but a deserved victory for them today. ( I will always be honest hence why it always upsets so many people )

Special mention to my other side Liskeard, well done on a cracking result down at Porthleven today. Speaking to one of my great friends who was there  tells me they outplayed Porthleven on their own patch & deserved more goals. I told him 2 goals & 3 points are enough! Well done Millbrook, & well done Liskeard, get your trophy cabinet dusted, it will be housing a nice Winner's Cup soon 👌

2 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Indeed Keith, well done Millbrook. Very much deserved the Victory, a tough place to visit, but a deserved victory for them today. ( I will always be honest hence why it always upsets so many people )

Special mention to my other side Liskeard, well done on a cracking result down at Porthleven today. Speaking to one of my great friends who was there  tells me they outplayed Porthleven on their own patch & deserved more goals. I told him 2 goals & 3 points are enough! Well done Millbrook, & well done Liskeard, get your trophy cabinet dusted, it will be housing a nice Winner's Cup soon 👌

Congratulations to Liskeard. They did outplay us today & deserved their victory. Still a long way to go & we have conceded nothing, but got exactly what we deserved today.

39 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin r garbage, a lot of cash being thrown around on a load of very average players 

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

Bodmin r garbage, a lot of cash being thrown around on a load of very average players 

Lots of clubs guilty of this 'herbie' clubs in LOWER leagues than Bodmin, & clubs lower than Bodmin in the table as well 🤣

Said it before, it's all irrelevant unless you win the division. 

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

Congratulations to Liskeard. They did outplay us today & deserved their victory. Still a long way to go & we have conceded nothing, but got exactly what we deserved today.

Well said Kevin, As always an honest sensible assessment. Think Liskeard were expecting to be hanging on defending all afternoon with the 'Onus' on Porthleven to get at them & try to take all 3 points. Be seeing you next season anyway Kevin, regardless of today's score, but it's Liskeard's name on the trophy I feel. 

SWPL Premier Division 
Launceston 1-6 Torpoint Athletic 
Torpoint Scorers
John Heveran  31 Mins
George Birkbanke OG 37 Mins
Luke Cloke 54 Mins
Lewis Young 70 Mins
Ruben Kane 82 Mins 
Adam Carter 84 Mins, Parkway had no match! 
MOM Ruben Kane ex Launceston player!

Att: 40ish, did a head count 

The pitch was very disappointing plus they removed the floodlights!

The hospitality was very good though, cracking chicken butteies at half time with homemade bread and a very good Rowes Pasty and Chocolate Bar before the match washed down with a decent cup of tea!

1 minute ago, Keith B said:

Nout wrong with that sir. When football was played the '''old way''' before this mania about playing out from the back etc - two fast wingers and a '''big lad'' up front worked wonders, more so if the big lad was quick too. :)

Phil Ryder, Glynn Hooper, Danny O, Glyn Hobbs, all were big lads, all were striker's, all have very big trophy cabinets, what's the problem with 'Big Lads' .... 

22 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Yep I am  aware of that W.O.T.P. . IT was meant as a light hearted remark ,hence the smiley face at the end .You'l be pleased to know he scored twice .

Unfortunately emojis do not always display correctly on all devices, especially older ones. Beware technology as not everyone will be at the same level.

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Bodmin have been losing loads of players. Steve collwell left for Tiverton. Bowker left. Is glyn still there ?  Must be something wrong at the club at the minute 

It’s nothing to do with the club what so ever I can’t thank gilby enough for giving me the chance to play for a club of Bodmin’s stature but unfortunately due to nameless twitter troll who was firstly giving me (something I can take not a problem) but then secondly deciding to privately message my partner calling her awful names because she’s with someone like me is disgusting!!! So I’ve taken the decision to leave the club so I can play closer to my family and try to enjoy my football without the abuse. Again I’d like to thank gilby and Bodmin for being so understanding surrounding this matter and wish the club nothing but success it is still a HUGE club to play for it’s just unfortunate that social media has given a platform for spineless vindictive people to have snipe shots at people without having to put their real name to their pathetic comments, it’s a shame but I guess that’s now the world we live in.

Sending messages to family members is all a step to far. You should be able to contact someone get the accounts shut down or take that further and police will investigate the IP address .

but is that someone linked to Bodmin ? Or just a person that has an issue with yourself ? 

My point was only Bodmin always usecti be a club that had the big players now it seems they all want to leave. 

51 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Sending messages to family members is all a step to far. You should be able to contact someone get the accounts shut down or take that further and police will investigate the IP address .

but is that someone linked to Bodmin ? Or just a person that has an issue with yourself ? 

My point was only Bodmin always usecti be a club that had the big players now it seems they all want to leave. 

Unfortunately I’ll never know who it is but as you say it is very much a step to far Stevie left to play higher Olly left to be closer to home for when the baby was born and I’ve left for these personal reasons and a chance to play with both my brothers in the same team it’s still a big big club and gilby is a great manager but players don’t seem to be to interested in playing as high as they can gilby is to good a manager and has had to much success for this to be the end he’ll get it right and I’m sure he’ll win many more trophies at Bodmin 

Anyway, shall we talks about this weekends fixture's ....

Shall we talk about how well Millbrook played yesterday?  Or how Torpoint put in a fine performance away at Launceston ?? Or Liskeard beating Porthleven on their own patch & turning in a fine fine performance to all but clinch the title & leave the rest in their dust??? Or how St.Blazey lost again at their lowly battle away at Penzance, two fine old clubs both struggling in the West Division???? Or Callington turning around their trouble's & notching another victory at the bottom .... ???? This Bodmin talk is showing real Jealousy here over what have achieved over the years

2 minutes ago, Stu B said:

Unfortunately I’ll never know who it is but as you say it is very much a step to far Stevie left to play higher Olly left to be closer to home for when the baby was born and I’ve left for these personal reasons and a chance to play with both my brothers in the same team it’s still a big big club and gilby is a great manager but players don’t seem to be to interested in playing as high as they can gilby is to good a manager and has had to much success for this to be the end he’ll get it right and I’m sure he’ll win many more trophies at Bodmin 

Well said Stu

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

Shall we talk about how well Millbrook played yesterday?  Or how Torpoint put in a fine performance away at Launceston ?? Or Liskeard beating Porthleven on their own patch & turning in a fine fine performance to all but clinch the title & leave the rest in their dust??? Or how St.Blazey lost again at their lowly battle away at Penzance, two fine old clubs both struggling in the West Division???? Or Callington turning around their trouble's & notching another victory at the bottom .... ???? This Bodmin talk is showing real Jealousy here over what have achieved over the years

I love the way u say let's talk about the football but still feel the need to end with a comment about people's jealousy towards Bodmin. 😀😀😀

6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Well said Stu

Instead of sniping at Bodmin, and taking joy from their season so far, we should be thinking of the success that Darren Gilbert has had and how his era in charge will be judged. For me, has to be ranked alongside Trevor Newton.

10 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Who is Trevor Newton 🤔

Mmmmm....ewton perhaps! 

20 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Anyway, shall we talks about this weekends fixture's .........................

You only sing when your winning, your not winning anymore...sing it.

Gotta take it on the chin when the wheel is turning...it always does.

St blazey has to be the biggest fall from the top. A once proud club that any player love to play for. Now full of real below  average Plymouth players that wouldn’t even get near the changing room of  a top team 10 -15 years ago. 

Sad to see  big clubs on real decline like this.  Guess money talks 

7 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Phil Ryder, Glynn Hooper, Danny O, Glyn Hobbs, all were big lads, all were striker's, all have very big trophy cabinets, what's the problem with 'Big Lads' .... 

Luke Hodge, Adam Carter to add to that list, think gilby has struggled after losing the best crop of players from 5 years ago and not replacing them with talent but just big names

Agree with last comment - if you look at the spine from 5 years ago compared to now - you can’t compare - starting with Kev Miller in goal - different level.   

In regards to Stu Bowker - it is very disappointing to hear about personal abuse etc - crazy really!  Hoping Gilby can re-attract the right calibre of player - surely needs someone to help him out - eg an old player with links!

Exmouth Town 1 St Austell 1 

A Decent game . St Austell were shading the game until Aaron Denny was tripped in the box and Karl Rickard converted the pen. 

Town had two or three chances to increase the lead in the second half,  but failed to convert.

St Austell low and behold equalized in the 89th Minute through Liam Eddy when Town Keeper Robbie Powell parried away a shot.  

It was probably a fair result . 

A Decent 208 in attendance including 40 ish from St Austell . 

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Any personal abuse towards Stu Bowker is completely wrong. What is also wrong is the way he attacked Phil Hiscox on Twitter. Phil is an excellent administrator who works very hard. The Western league is no where near as well run or promoted. It would be nice to hear Stu apologise on this forum.

Stick to your Combo forum. What you talking about. Stu has had personal abuse for months, what apologies has he had from the idiots who hide behind a Keyboard. Agreed Big Phil Hiscox is a great administrator, but they have resolved their differences. So that's pretty much all to be said .....

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Any personal abuse towards Stu Bowker is completely wrong. What is also wrong is the way he attacked Phil Hiscox on Twitter. Phil is an excellent administrator who works very hard. The Western league is no where near as well run or promoted. It would be nice to hear Stu apologise on this forum.

Western league cannot be worse run than swpl that’s my opinion.

6 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

St blazey has to be the biggest fall from the top. A once proud club that any player love to play for. Now full of real below  average Plymouth players that wouldn’t even get near the changing room of  a top team 10 -15 years ago. 

Sad to see  big clubs on real decline like this.  Guess money talks 

I couldn't agree more. A sad fall from grace for us. Money is ruining local football, but let's hope it swings back around soon. I ended up catching a junior match yesterday and the passion on display was exemplary. We could do with more of that in our team/league. Very disappointing.

15 minutes ago, Daveblase63 said:

I couldn't agree more. A sad fall from grace for us. Money is ruining local football, but let's hope it swings back around soon. I ended up catching a junior match yesterday and the passion on display was exemplary. We could do with more of that in our team/league. Very disappointing.

Unfortunately several clubs are the architects of their own demise, when they pay big money that they can ill afford, to gain temporary success, and then fall by the wayside when the money runs out and their star men leave.
This will continue to happen until clubs bite the bullet and refuse to pay large sums to people who have no loyalty to the club.
It could be fairly said that you can't blame players for taking the money offered to them, it could also be fairly said, where are those players when the club really needs them, as is often said on this forum " you can't BUY loyalty ".
That brings us back to the original theme that money will buy short term success and long term problems.
Ask any of the former South Western League and Peninsula Premier league sides now playing in the lower leagues what caused their demotion, the chances are that an honest answer would be finance.
Look on your club as a business and it's not rocket science to realise that your business will not have much of a decent future if you are spending more than you are earning.
Being prudent with your finances is not the answer to all of footballs woes by a long chalk, but it doesn't half help.
Just in case someone thinks this post is a snide dig at any particular club, thats not so, just a perpective on the state of our local football.
The post above by Daveblase63 says it all really

10 hours ago, Daveblase63 said:

Unlucky St Blazey. Did anybody make the trip and how was the performance?

3 down after 20mins , all 3 goals from headers, shocking defending. Then fault well and pulled  back 2 goals and nearly equalised. Callum McGee by far Blazeys best player on the day was crudely hacked down just before half time forcing him to be substituted which seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. Gave away a sloppy goal just before halftime and frankly never looked liked turning it around in the 2nd half. Blazey badly missed Rogersinfulence in midfield and Walker and Clifton at the back.