Cornwall Football Forum

WALTER C PARSON CUP, Semi Finals - Tuesday & Wednesday March 26 & 27 2019

Congratulations to Saltash Utd and best of luck in both of your Finals and for the rest of the season.

Thank you to Tavistock for hosting tonights game and the hospitality during plus after the match. Also a mention to the SWPL committee that attended the game 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Well done Westy, James, Charlie and the team! Two cup finals to look forward too. 🍺:thumbsup:

The st Vincent and Grenadines branch of the falmouth town supporters club send their congratulations to all concerned at the club . Probably the best supported cswpl club in the West Indies! 😁👍

18 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

How old is Jordan ? He is a very good striker and seems to be having a good go playing at a higher level. Best of luck to him. 

Does anyone have the career statistics of Glynn Hobbs ( clubs and goals ) ?

22 I believe. I expect clubs from higher steps again will start taking notice if he continues scoring ( he had a pre-season with Tiverton, also think he was in Willand's squad once or twice last season). If this does happen, everyone wins. Parkway win lots of matches as a result of his goals, and he continues to progress through the levels. Everybody is always looking for strikers!

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

22 I believe. I expect clubs from higher steps again will start taking notice if he continues scoring ( he had a pre-season with Tiverton, also think he was in Willand's squad once or twice last season). If this does happen, everyone wins. Parkway win lots of matches as a result of his goals, and he continues to progress through the levels. Everybody is always looking for strikers!

Falmouth have been unlucky with strikers this year through no fault of their own. Jordan obviously left but does help out which is noticed, Matt buchan been plagued with injury, jack bowyer has joined the police now so his appearance is limited, Rob wearne made a come back and scored but has got injured again so is out long term again. How many goals would have been scored between these players during the season? ( quite a few I would imagine) So with these factors in place I think reaching 2 cup finals is very good! Up the Town! 

And as for struggling in the league no one will ever remember if we finished 2nd , 10th or even 12th.. as it’s more important to rebuild for the new league set up now. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Falmouth have been unlucky with strikers this year through no fault of their own. Jordan obviously left but does help out which is noticed, Matt buchan been plagued with injury, jack bowyer has joined the police now so his appearance is limited, Rob wearne made a come back and scored but has got injured again so is out long term again. How many goals would have been scored between these players during the season? ( quite a few I would imagine) So with these factors in place I think reaching 2 cup finals is very good! Up the Town! 

Very little loyalty these days, all about money.

20 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Very little loyalty these days, all about money.

So you’d rather a player stayed a one club his whole career rather than stepping up a league and testing himself?  I’d imagine he could get more money in swpl at  clubs like helston, St Austell or Bodmin that throw big money around. So don’t think it is all about the money 👍🏻

On 29/03/2019 at 09:39, Mark Jones said:

How old is Jordan ? He is a very good striker and seems to be having a good go playing at a higher level. Best of luck to him. 

Does anyone have the career statistics of Glynn Hobbs ( clubs and goals ) ?

And red cards, and time spent suspended, most of his goals come against players who r terrified of him ( with good reason ). Rocky Neale and Levi are far better than Hobbs. I cant really comment on Annear not seen enough of him

On 30/03/2019 at 20:21, herbie777 said:

And red cards, and time spent suspended, most of his goals come against players who r terrified of him ( with good reason ). Rocky Neale and Levi are far better than Hobbs. I cant really comment on Annear not seen enough of him

Still maintain that as a pure footballer Glyn Hobbs was briefly in a class of his own. Season 2010/11 for Parkway he was untouchable. Speed, strength, skill and that little bit of nastiness that top players have. 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Still maintain that as a pure footballer Glyn Hobbs was briefly in a class of his own. Season 2010/11 for Parkway he was untouchable. Speed, strength, skill and that little bit of nastiness that top players have. 

A little bit of nastiness a slight understatement, remember he once had a football asbo🤔. No doubt he was and probably still is a brilliant player incredibly strong, but as I've said a lot of defenders were very wary about getting involved with him as if u were coming out on top he had no issues with sorting u out shall we say