Polperro Reserves H/W St Dennis 3rd

Southgate Seniors 3-2 Dobwalls Reserves

DIVISION 4

Boscastle Reserves 0-2 Lostwithiel Reserves

Nanpean Rovers 7-0 Delabole United

Newmoor Rovers 1-3 Bude Town Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves 1-5 Lifton 2nds

North Petherwin Reserves 3-2 St Ann's Chapel

Div Three - St Dennis thirds unable to raise a side to visit top of the table Polperro.

i think that is only the league's second walkover this season - bet it wont be the last though.

Just to remind all clubs, the penalties are severe - usually a £50 fine and 3 point deduction, with the game awarded to opponents obviously.

Duchy Three - Liskeard Ath 3 - 3 St Eval Spitfires

Two pretty much evenly matched teams, end to end stuff and good to see plenty of old hands still giving it a good go.

Liskeard led 2 - 1 at the break and extended that lead early in the second half but Spitfires were always in with a shout and a needless penalty gifted them a second. Their efforts were further rewarded courtesy of some sloppy defending.

Probably fair to say it was two points lost by Liskeard and a deserved point for St Eval.

4 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Div Three - St Dennis thirds unable to raise a side to visit top of the table Polperro.

i think that is only the league's second walkover this season - bet it wont be the last though.

Just to remind all clubs, the penalties are severe - usually a £50 fine and 3 point deduction, with the game awarded to opponents obviously.

St Dennis players happy to help foxhole tho 

Foxhole 3 - 1 Torpoint Athletic in the Duchy Premier

Torpoint started the brighter and were evidently up for this tie gaining the early control of the game. The first goal came from Torpoint with right back Sam White striking a thunderous effort into the corner after a poor clearance from Foxhole. As the half wore on though Foxhole gained some momentum and were quick to get the ball into their No. 9 & 10, Kenny and Bould I think? I've read posts on the forum of calling Foxhole a route one side this season, and the two strikers are certainly an outlet running in behind. But they were just as good at holding the ball up in the first half and laying the ball off, particularly Kenny. The equaliser eventually came from Gilbert with a low left footed drive across M.Westall in the Torpoint goal. Foxhole were buoyed by the goal and scored again from an angled ball over the awful left back of Torpoint and I think it was an Allen goal?

At HT Torpoint felt positive they could continue to use Robbins and C.Westall as an outlet and addressed Foxhole's strengths running in behind. Fewer chances in the second half though with M.Westall with some superb goalkeeping to keep Torpoint in it. With Whetter managing to stay out of the referee's book, Torpoint threatened from a few set pieces but Bullen was bullish in goal. Foxhole eventually broke away very late in the game with Bould knicking the ball from Torpoint's last man on the half way, running through and calmly finishing to make the score 3-1. 

I think Foxhole were worth the 3points and you can see why they're top. With players like Whetter, Bould and Kenny playing below their level in my opinion, they have the experience and ability to win games. It's a shame one man on the pitch today wasn't on anyone's level. Maybe he was better in the second game? I don't think I've seen an official so far away from play at every point in the match, with another game to officiate after. Surely a double header fixture should have a referee appointed under the pension age and fit enough to do TWO games. I understand there is a shortage of officials in the south west but I don't think any consideration was made on who was being appointed 180mins of football today. Shame.

St Newlyn East 3 Losty 4. A proper Duchy game high on endeavour that we just about deserved to win with Connor Phillips 89th minute winner. Sadly on the last play of the game Connor broke and or dislocated his ankle in a challenge. no blame apportioned just an unfortunate incident. I must however say a massive thanks to all at Newlyn for the way they conducted themselves after the injury. Firstly Jiggy (Martin Grigg) and your coaching team Thommo and Martin Emery for the time and support you gave Connor after the incident and before he went to hospital. You all kindly stayed with connor and made him comfortable and showed true class. Also to your supporters who stayed with us to ensure Connor was warm and comfortable and had what he needed. Thank you all and we look forward to welcoming you all to our place in a few weeks. Good luck for the rest of the season and see you soon. Many Thanks, Bill.

2 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Torpoint started the brighter and were evidently up for this tie gaining the early control of the game. The first goal came from Torpoint with right back Sam White striking a thunderous effort into the corner after a poor clearance from Foxhole. As the half wore on though Foxhole gained some momentum and were quick to get the ball into their No. 9 & 10, Kenny and Bould I think? I've read posts on the forum of calling Foxhole a route one side this season, and the two strikers are certainly an outlet running in behind. But they were just as good at holding the ball up in the first half and laying the ball off, particularly Kenny. The equaliser eventually came from Gilbert with a low left footed drive across M.Westall in the Torpoint goal. Foxhole were buoyed by the goal and scored again from an angled ball over the awful left back of Torpoint and I think it was an Allen goal?

At HT Torpoint felt positive they could continue to use Robbins and C.Westall as an outlet and addressed Foxhole's strengths running in behind. Fewer chances in the second half though with M.Westall with some superb goalkeeping to keep Torpoint in it. With Whetter managing to stay out of the referee's book, Torpoint threatened from a few set pieces but Bullen was bullish in goal. Foxhole eventually broke away very late in the game with Bould knicking the ball from Torpoint's last man on the half way, running through and calmly finishing to make the score 3-1. 

I think Foxhole were worth the 3points and you can see why they're top. With players like Whetter, Bould and Kenny playing below their level in my opinion, they have the experience and ability to win games. It's a shame one man on the pitch today wasn't on anyone's level. Maybe he was better in the second game? I don't think I've seen an official so far away from play at every point in the match, with another game to officiate after. Surely a double header fixture should have a referee appointed under the pension age and fit enough to do TWO games. I understand there is a shortage of officials in the south west but I don't think any consideration was made on who was being appointed 180mins of football today. Shame.

Kenny only playing because st Dennis 1s didn’t have a game 

4 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

boscastle reserves 0 lostwithial reserves 2 brilliant all round performance from losty today 

Excellent surface at boscastle to play some good attacking football on, defended well when needed, credit to the home side who never stoped trying just couldn't finish 

LTID 

If you're Lostwithiel til you die then I would start spelling the name right (not a dig just a heads up). Well done on the win though

3 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

Why didn't he play St Dennis 2nds. Or 3rds?

Foxhole have reserves too.

He hasn't signed for our duchy side,as the rule states we can only play 2 seniors n I have enough signed from our 1st team to cover as it is so why bring st Dennis into it u 🤡

3 hours ago, Duchy-football said:

Justice 

Idiot

I think the point being made Dave is why are St Dennis 1st eam players playing for a team other than Your 2nds in Duchy football, this does not rflect well on those players who have signed for another club. Surely they should be available to your side and not a local rival. Good win for you boys yesterday Dave and see you soon mate.

I dont know why people are moaning about 1 player coming in to play for foxhole. Yes foxhole have players playing below there standard. But they got lee in as manager to bring the good times back to the club . They went through hard times they brought back stability with 2 teams now they are in the position to push on and get promoted. Wheres the harm in that? Surely its good to see a club like foxhole doing well. They are in the position to bring senior football back to the club with managers that know the right players to keep the club there. 

Good luck to them. Going to be interesting when they play st mawgan again both tean the best un the league 

Foxhole 3 (Gilbert 22, Bradley Allen 40, Bould 90) Torpoint 1 (White 18)
Saturday 30th March 2019

Feelings of euphoria follwing the Junior Cup success were somewhat tempered by the sad loss of yet another family member this week. My cousin, who had convictions for receiving stolen goods, ironically died after falling off the back of a lorry. However, the continuing brilliant sunshine blazing down on Goverseth rec lightened my mood a little. In preparation for the match I searched in the wardrobe for my shades, but instead happened upon an unopened present from the Christmas before last, which I eagerly unwrapped. May I declare here and now, dear reader, that my conscience is clear - mum should have said she was giving me a puppy. 

Popping down the road before kick off to buy a paper I was amazed to spot a youth in shorts and an athlete's vest carrying a long fibreglass rod. As he reached me I asked him, "Are you a pole vaulter?"
"No", he replied, "I'm German. How did you know my name was Volter?" Just then a low-flying hot air balloon flew over me and a voice screamed down, "Do you know where I am?"
"You can't fool me," I hollered back. "You're up there in that basket."

Foxhole retained top spot after a thrilling victory but the outcome, in doubt until the final seconds, should have been settled much earlier with greater composure in front of goal during the second half. Bould and the elder Allen were particularly profligate, but it's difficult to criticise them as they both worked hard against, and regularly had the beating of, tough defenders, and each did find the net with cool finishes. Kenny looked much happier and more dangerous in a central striking role (covering for Griffin, fit only for a late cameo appearance) until he was forced off, which at least allowed for a welcome return to the first team of the excellent Andrews. Wilkins, in for Morgan, was similarly impressive; the whole back four, in fact, were again outstanding, affording Bullen another comfortable afternoon.

However, there was nothing they could do to prevent a fantastic effort from right-back White as Torpoint, aided by a breeze apparently absent from much of the rest of the county, started on the front foot. Gilbert, though, soon equalised, latching on to Kenny's assist to fire past Westall at the near post, before Allen slotted home, again from a tight angle and again from Kenny's pass. The Foxes created numerous golden chances after the break, constantly piercing the visitors' high line, but were unable to grab a killer third until Bould ran clear to find the top corner with a delicate chip.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Matt Bullen; Nathan Papaioannou, Chris Brown, Lee Whetter, Ryan Wilkins; Bradley Allen, Martin Gilbert, Lee Reed-Bennett, Nathan Allen; Callum Kenny, Benno Bould. Subs: Richard Griffin, Josh Andrews, Rory Barnacle.

Torpoint: Callum Bays, Adam Brayson, Jamie Hill, Byron Robbins, Dan Rogers, Sam Rosevear, Sam Trethewey, Chris Westall, Matthew Westall, Jake White, Sam White. Subs: Jack Charman, Tom Rowe, Craig Wassall.

Foxhole reserves 1 (Robinson 35) Lanivet 1 (McNary 45)

Foxhole reserves (3-5-2): Stewart May; Josh Andrews, Chris Kellow, Dan Allen; Callan Rundle, Caleb Hawken, Jeremy Pascoe, Adam Kerby, Jake Couch; Jamie Robinson, Shane Kibell. Subs: Matt Lean, Sam Mitchell, Paul Reed.

Lanivet: Connor Butler, Sam Goodswen, Stuart Hill, Bradley Lang, Daniel Marshall, James Mcnary, Jake Pearce, Matthew Pearson, Luke Sanders, Luke Sleeman, Daryl Stiff. Subs: Ollie Brown, Dean Darbourne, Darren Lang.

Well played to both our opponents today and good luck for the rest of the season. Many thanks to Chris Nicholls, Ian Osborne and the various linos.

2 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

I dont know why people are moaning about 1 player coming in to play for foxhole. Yes foxhole have players playing below there standard. But they got lee in as manager to bring the good times back to the club . They went through hard times they brought back stability with 2 teams now they are in the position to push on and get promoted. Wheres the harm in that? Surely its good to see a club like foxhole doing well. They are in the position to bring senior football back to the club with managers that know the right players to keep the club there. 

Good luck to them. Going to be interesting when they play st mawgan again both tean the best un the league 

The problem is for foxhole they have been competing against St Mawgan since the first kick this season, they probably expected to bring lee in, few back handers to players and not get troubled by anyone. Now they’re realising there’s an actually genuine duchy side that have outplayed them in both games this season (potentially two more games to come yet) and foxhole are now worried if they don’t have these senior players they will be in trouble. Having been around to all the grounds in the premier this season you always hear ‘foxhole are a fantastic side but half their players come from everywhere else’ whereas when you hear them talk about St Mawgan they say nothing but what a good side they’re.. that’s the difference for me, a real duchy side that have built up over years to challenge in this league. 

I’m not a fan of being able to cross sign for different clubs. I think if you sign on for st dennis then you sign on for the club (Junior and senior) that way it stops people like Martin Giles making one off appearances for a club he has no interest in, only what colour the money is. 

Be interesting to see what side foxhole have on April 13th.. 

This is going down to the wire in my opinion. 

Love it how u all think we pay players , Giler’s a mate of mine and helped me out as I was injured and was hoping he would stay for the rest of the season but he’s lost intrest in football . And yes st mawgan was the better side in both games at there place and they have a great side . This league is very competitive and not gone into any game thinking it will be a walk over. The aim was to get foxhole back into senior football where they belong and anything else would be a bonus. I’m working overtime next weekend  so we can afford Laim eddy for the st mawgan game 😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, No I in team said:

The problem is for foxhole they have been competing against St Mawgan since the first kick this season, they probably expected to bring lee in, few back handers to players and not get troubled by anyone. Now they’re realising there’s an actually genuine duchy side that have outplayed them in both games this season (potentially two more games to come yet) and foxhole are now worried if they don’t have these senior players they will be in trouble. Having been around to all the grounds in the premier this season you always hear ‘foxhole are a fantastic side but half their players come from everywhere else’ whereas when you hear them talk about St Mawgan they say nothing but what a good side they’re.. that’s the difference for me, a real duchy side that have built up over years to challenge in this league. 

I’m not a fan of being able to cross sign for different clubs. I think if you sign on for st dennis then you sign on for the club (Junior and senior) that way it stops people like Martin Giles making one off appearances for a club he has no interest in, only what colour the money is. 

Be interesting to see what side foxhole have on April 13th.. 

This is going down to the wire in my opinion. 

If it’s St Mawgan you’d rather go up what do you make of their pitch/facilities? I’m not sure their pitch is good enough. But having said that there are other sides that have been promoted recently with worse pitches, Looe and St Stephens aren’t exactly nice. I heard there were plans afoot to get a new pitch perpendicular behind where the dug outs are? 

As for Foxhole using Senior players. It’s still 11v11 and on some lesser quality pitches of Duchy football it’s a leveller. Yesterday I found it was a motivator despite the loss, so each to their own. 

Foul throw 3 you  muppet (sorry if I'm wrong)but at St Stephen we operate under the local recreation committee so are very restricted with wot we can do as we ground share with the cricket.With regards to foxhole they've broken no rules & in fact if you read the rule book you should play your strongest team possibly at all times,there's plenty of teams in the duchy that bring in higher league players but no mention of these as there still in the lower reaches of the table so maybe if clubs want to progress learn how to play the rules & get on with it.

8 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

If it’s St Mawgan you’d rather go up what do you make of their pitch/facilities? I’m not sure their pitch is good enough. But having said that there are other sides that have been promoted recently with worse pitches, Looe and St Stephens aren’t exactly nice. I heard there were plans afoot to get a new pitch perpendicular behind where the dug outs are? 

As for Foxhole using Senior players. It’s still 11v11 and on some lesser quality pitches of Duchy football it’s a leveller. Yesterday I found it was a motivator despite the loss, so each to their own. 

4 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

Foul throw 3 you  muppet (sorry if I'm wrong)but at St Stephen we operate under the local recreation committee so are very restricted with wot we can do as we ground share with the cricket.With regards to foxhole they've broken no rules & in fact if you read the rule book you should play your strongest team possibly at all times,there's plenty of teams in the duchy that bring in higher league players but no mention of these as there still in the lower reaches of the table so maybe if clubs want to progress learn who to play the rules & get on with it.

He said St Stephens so he must be talking about Salt Mill which I agree isn't a great venue. If he was meaning St Stephen (with no s on the end) nothing wrong with that. 

Congratulations to Altarnon FC for securing the Duchy Division Two title with their 2 nil win over challengers Tintagel. 

Similar scenario next Saturday, leaders Stoke Climsland visit hopefuls St Cleer in Division One and a Stoke win will confirm them as champions.

Runners up spots in both divisions still up for grabs.

Bude Town and Nanpean Rovers have grabbed the two automatic promotion places in Division Four but it looks like being a fight to the end for the title.

On 30/03/2019 at 18:52, Foul Throw 3 said:

Awful left back for Torpoint? Bit harsh on whoever he was

44 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Congratulations to Altarnon FC for securing the Duchy Division Two title with their 2 nil win over challengers Tintagel. 

Similar scenario next Saturday, leaders Stoke Climsland visit hopefuls St Cleer in Division One and a Stoke win will confirm them as champions.

Runners up spots in both divisions still up for grabs.

Bude Town and Nanpean Rovers have grabbed the two automatic promotion places in Division Four but it looks like being a fight to the end for the title.

You mean Altarnun?

13 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

Foul throw 3 you  muppet (sorry if I'm wrong)but at St Stephen we operate under the local recreation committee so are very restricted with wot we can do as we ground share with the cricket.With regards to foxhole they've broken no rules & in fact if you read the rule book you should play your strongest team possibly at all times,there's plenty of teams in the duchy that bring in higher league players but no mention of these as there still in the lower reaches of the table so maybe if clubs want to progress learn who to play the rules & get on with it.

Jason I'm aware you have limitations, but it doesn't mean what I said was an insult. It's just my opinion that it's not a nice pitch, you muppet! :lol:

18 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳👌👌👌👌👌

Duchy 3

Southgate Seniors 3 - 2 Dobwalls Reserves

A very competitive and great game of football on a fine day in Lanson! Having previously being knocked out of the cup by Dobwalls, Southgate were seeking revenge and also needed to bounce back from the embarrassing loss to St Dennis 3rd the previous week (report will be uploaded shortly for last week). Dobwalls came out strong in the opening 10 minutes and pinned Southgate into their own half but struggled to create any chances due to Southgates organisation and defending. Shortly after the game started to open up with some swift counter attacks from Southgate. The first goal came after Southgate striker Adam Scott challenged for a header in the oppositions box and received a penalty after a strong push in the back from Dobwalls CB, sending the keeper the wrong way he slotted the ball into the net to make it 1-0. After the first goal Southgate began to dominate the game, outplaying Dobwalls in all aspects. The second goal came from a corner which was headed back into the box by Southgates Nathan Farrer and met by Adam Scott who creatively with his back to goal, flicked the ball with his heal and past the Dobwalls keeper. Making it 2-0, doubling his tally and securing his 20th goal of the season.  Dobwalls continued to try to play football but were shut out by the Southgate defence time after time and with 5 mins to go before the end of the first half Southgate extended their lead to 3 after a through ball was chased down by Adam Scott, he shrugged off the oppositions LB and was one on one with the onrushing keeper but with the ball not sitting right he spotted the run of winger Harry Toulson and with a low driven cross, Harry smashed the ball into the net. Shortly after the half time whistle blew ending in, Southgate 3 - 0 Dobwalls.

Dobwalls came out much stronger in the second half and it made for a very competitive second half with both teams having chances. Dobwalls were awarded the second penalty of the game after a pull from the defender but were denied by a fantastic save from keeper Sam Harris, Dobwalls persisted with their attack and managed to get a goal back after a defensive mistake making it 3-1. With Southgate unable to find a 4th goal to put the game to bed after some clear chances, Dobwalls continued to push and were awarded another penalty as keeper Sam Harris collided with a Dobwalls player and this time converting the penalty to make it 3-2 which made for a very interesting last 10 minutes. However Southgate dug deep and even after scoring a 4th goal which the ref disqualified for a foul (still unsure what he saw as there was no obvious foul and no claims from the Dobwalls players) we defended strong and the game ended 3-2.

Southgate scorers: Adam Scott x 2, Harry Toulson

Dobwalls Scorers: Caden Crowle, Tom Kirk

MOTM: Southgates Mark Wilson (RB) only 17 dominated one of Dobwalls best players, giving him nothing all game.

A great and very competitive game of football played in good spirits, good luck to Dobwalls for the remainder of the season and look forward to seeing them at their place in a few weeks!

On 31/03/2019 at 09:34, dave bunt said:

Callum Kenny signed for Foxhole whilst being registered with Sticker, not St Dennis, it's not Foxhole's fault he later transferred to St Dennis

well its still the same issue that Billy is refering too, surely he should have signed on for sticker reserves, rather than sign for another club that competes against the club that you predominantly represent

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

Have to get them to look at St Dominic (no K) and Lanson as well - the list is probably endless !

Altarnun in Cornish is Altarnonn.

St Dominick is the historic spelling but this is gradually changing to drop the letter K.[2] It is still spelt with the K on Ordnance Survey mapping [1] but Cornwall Council spells the parish name without the K.[3]

On 30/03/2019 at 12:36, Paul Collings said:

If thats the penalty, how come St Dennis are still showing 3 points on FullTime?

3 hours ago, Jimmer06 said:

If thats the penalty, how come St Dennis are still showing 3 points on FullTime?

There's a procedure to be followed in accordance with the FA Standard Code of Rules, any club charged with breaching any rule must be given the opportunity to respond before penalties are imposed. It all takes time, nothing untoward going on.