Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 12 April 2019

Just back from watching a really entertaining game ,Godolphin soaked up all the  pressure  from a very talented Plymouth Argyle team who played lovely football but just didnt have the killer touch in front  of goal ,and the G went in front  from a great Dan Perryman goal and they hung on until about 5 mins from time when Lionel Ainsworth scored a brilliant goal given  Ethan in the G goal not  a hope , i think there was 3 PLymouth Argyle players who have had 1st team experiance think it was Michael Cooper in goal no 2 Tafari Moore and no 7 Lionel Ainsworth i thought there best player was the no10 Adam Randell i think .Very Hard to pick a mom for the G tonight they where all brilliant but its got to go to Dan Perryman he tore the young Argyle defence to pieces with his pace . Great display from the G going to miss seeing the talented Argyle youngsters next season

SWPL Premier Division 
Full Time
Torpoint Athletic 1-2 Saltash United 
Att: 208
Torpoint Scorer: Danny Zalick
Saltash Scorers: Lewis Russell, Callum Martindale

Another great game at The Mill for Friday night football, with both sides playing well. It was another good performance by The Point and making another top four side work extremely hard to get there three points.

After a goalless first half where Saltash should have had a penalty but the Lino over ruled the referee.

Torpoint took the lead early in the second half from a super curling 25 yard shot which put the hosts in the lead.

Then midway through the half, two sloppy goals by Saltash as Point’s defence let them in.

This was Torpoint’s last home game of the season and we ended up with an average home crowd of 135 for the 2018/19 season. Many Thanks for the support!

The goal was scored 90+1 and wasn't really deserved. Disappointed with Argyle, thought they were rubbish. Disappointed with the G bench for his they spoke to the officials. Although to be fair one of their players took a throw that never entered the field of play and the bemused assistant gave it the other way (in the past a retake unless the rule has changed)

On 13/04/2019 at 19:32, Whistle Blower said:

The goal was scored 90+1 and wasn't really deserved. Disappointed with Argyle, thought they were rubbish. Disappointed with the G bench for his they spoke to the officials. Although to be fair one of their players took a throw that never entered the field of play and the bemused assistant gave it the other way (in the past a retake unless the rule has changed)

You were disappointed in the way we spoke to the ref? As you were at the game you may have noticed that the ref was extremely inconsistent and rather one sided hence the frustrations of our bench.

also the goal was dead on 94mins as we have a stopwatch on the bench

I have seen Godolphin play 5/6 times this season and every time their dug out set out to abuse and intimidate officials.

They often say a team is a reflection of its manager, looking at the latest disciplinary table on the SWPL website I’d say that theory is spot on.

Problem is, while the manager refuses to accept he and his players are in wrong, they won’t improve.

90E4ACA5-7890-4727-B11D-CEDA07AA6C7A.jpeg

2 hours ago, SID said:

You were disappointed in the way we spoke to the ref? As you were at the game you may have noticed that the ref was extremely inconsistent and rather one sided hence the frustrations of our bench.

also the goal was dead on 94mins as we have a stopwatch on the bench

45 minutes by my stopwatch which equates to 90+1.

A referee will not give you everything. There were decisions I didn't agree with and some I thought harsh but I wouldn't have said he favoured Argyle.

19 minutes ago, Hetty said:

No argument against my post really, especially when the facts are there for all to see.  11 reds and 78 yellows is impressive to say the least 

Not here to argue you have your opinion and yes we have had a disciplinary issue which has improved. Fortunately I have a much more informed opinion of the situation than you, however I take fully onboard all opinions relative or not.

My point here is relative to this post.  Another poster further up this topic has highlighted your conduct towards an official and you try to justify it because the Referee was inconsistent.  Do you think that behaviour is acceptable?

I’ve seen a player of yours get booked for dissent, Which triggered you to mouth off at the official for booking the player rather than the holding the player to account.  Do you think that behaviour is acceptable? 

Point being, until you start behaving nobody is going to take much notice of you when complaining about match referees. Including your players, especially when you quite obviously don’t hold them accountable for there actions. 

Perhaps some anger management might be useful this summer? 

9 minutes ago, SID said:

😂😂😂😂 brilliant, you know so much. Classic presumptions, I feel that we could all learn so much from you as you evidently know what I think, say and portray to the players.

🤦‍♂️ Oh dear

Look at the stats...that's shocking.

Your displaying something,  lack of control would be top of my list!