Cornwall Football Forum

1991 CS Cup final Falmouth 1--Saltash 4

Shit!!! Didn’t even know we got fined for that! What a joke! What I remember most about that game was sitting next to Gary Harrison and him saying I’m 34 and I’ve been waiting to play in a Senior Cup Final all my life, you’re 23 and already played in 3 you lucky bugger! He said bout 15 of my family have all come down from Plymouth in a mini bus especially for today! With that he bent over to tie his boot laces and put his back out! We all thought he was joking until he got carried out and put in the ambulance!! Gutted for Gary that day, Poweller went up front and played better than me! Had a mare 😕😤😢. They were a quality team though to be fair. Remember that Tom or Mike? 🙄

• Mike i think penryn was the junior side in the dressing room Trevor Mewton was frantic because there was not a lot of room in dressing room also Harrison was having treatment on table and then ruled out Mr Mewton was not that happpy We was because i think we equlised in last minute and then won cup in replay at Truro i think i am correct but not that sure

1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

1991 Penryn beat Mevagissey 1-0 in Junior Cup Final.

1-0 was the result of the replay

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Now that Saltash side were the business,  Falmouth were good but it shows what Saltash had to score 4 times & win 4-1. Blimey that Saltash team would win the current league by 25/30 points. What a side they had, Western League I believe back back? 

Yes, Western League back then - here’s the top ten finishing for that season ....

Final League Tables

Premier Division
 Pos  Name                            Pld    W    D    L   GF   GA  Pts
   1  Mangotsfield United              40   28    8    4  113   39   92
   2  Torrington                       40   25    7    8   91   41   82
   3  Plymouth Argyle reserves         40   25    8    7  100   28   79 *
   4  Tiverton Town                    40   22   11    7   85   45   77
   5  Weston super Mare                40   20   10   10   74   57   70
   6  Saltash United                   40   20    6   14   67   46   66
   7  Taunton Town                     40   18    9   13   62   49   63
   8  Liskeard Athletic                40   18    7   15   85   69   61
   9  Dawlish Town                     40   15   16    9   58   49   61
  10  Paulton Rovers                   40   16   11   13   74   60   59

3 hours ago, skinner said:
  • Mike i think penryn was the junior side in the dressing room Trevor Mewton was frantic because there was not a lot of room in dressing room also Harrison was having treatment on table and then ruled out Mr Mewton was not that happpy We was because i think we equlised in last minute and then won cup in replay at Truro i think i am correct but not that sure

Here you  are Peter

payslips 784.jpg

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Shit!!! Didn’t even know we got fined for that! What a joke! What I remember most about that game was sitting next to Gary Harrison and him saying I’m 34 and I’ve been waiting to play in a Senior Cup Final all my life, you’re 23 and already played in 3 you lucky bugger! He said bout 15 of my family have all come down from Plymouth in a mini bus especially for today! With that he bent over to tie his boot laces and put his back out! We all thought he was joking until he got carried out and put in the ambulance!! Gutted for Gary that day, Poweller went up front and played better than me! Had a mare 😕😤😢. They were a quality team though to be fair. Remember that Tom or Mike? 🙄

payslips 785.jpg

Haha can’t remember that or too much these days Skinner!? Knew JT from being a youngster in Truro, and definitely wouldn’t want to fall out with Yankey! What a beast! Always been a top bloke with it though! Hopefully they took pity on a nervous young player!?! Remember being a frequent visitor to the toilet on an Easter Monday!! 🙄😦🤔

18 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Definitely Rappo. It all went to pot from the start! You couldn’t write it mate! 😫