St Minver Reserves 4-3 Foxhole Stars Reserves

DIVISION 3
Polperro Reserves 1-0 Calstock
St Dennis 3rds 2-5 St Stephen Reserves

DIVISION 4
Newmoor Rovers 3-1 Week St Mary
St Cleer Reserves 3-0 Boscastle Reserves

Polperro 1 - 0 Calstock

With the result of little consequence to either side and a wind to deny any chance of good football this was a pretty stale match and a slim victory for the champions was probably acceptable outcome on the day to all concerned.

It was a pleasure to present the champions trophies to my old club, Polperro, winners of  back to back titles and unbeaten this season plus the chance of a league & cup double.

001 - Copy.JPG

Losty 6 Veryan 2.

After losing 6 - 2 at veryan on wednesday we managed to beat a very different Veryan side today by the same score. This was one of our best performances of the season and gives us a glimmer of hope for our relegation battle. Goal scorers for us were Bailey Phillips 2, Ben Wilkinson, Jordan Cook, Josh Cook pen and Nathan Gough. Sam Bullen and someone else scored for Veryan. Ian Spurling kept the game flowing and reffed with the minimum fuss and kept everyone informed when giving his decisions. A vital battle with St Dennis on Wednesday and looking forward to seeing my old teamate Dave Grose.

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Anyone know the St Dennis v St Stephen result in div 3?

5-2 to st Stephen

12 hours ago, Billy Davies said:

Losty 6 Veryan 2.

After losing 6 - 2 at veryan on wednesday we managed to beat a very different Veryan side today by the same score. This was one of our best performances of the season and gives us a glimmer of hope for our relegation battle. Goal scorers for us were Bailey Phillips 2, Ben Wilkinson, Jordan Cook, Josh Cook pen and Nathan Gough. Sam Bullen and someone else scored for Veryan. Ian Spurling kept the game flowing and reffed with the minimum fuss and kept everyone informed when giving his decisions. A vital battle with St Dennis on Wednesday and looking forward to seeing my old teamate Dave Grose.

C u weds evening Bill,Ur round for the beers lol

Torpoint Athletic 3 (B.Robbins3 inc 1pen) - 1 Boscastle (J.Sleep Pen)

A low quality game if i'm honest. Both sides low on numbers as is often the case at this time of the season, with Boscastle only travelling with 11, but no surprise given the journey.

The long grass didn't help either team either. A field of daisies uncut despite my council tax bill going up again, continually slowed the game down as players on both sides underhit passes, not reading the pitch and control getting stuck under their feet. Torpoint did come out of the blocks quickly, going 2-0 within the first 15mins through a Robbins penalty and then a superb header from a Copp cross. I must add though, that these goals were whilst Boscastle only had 10, with their 11th still en route. For the rest of the half, the game declined as Torpoint probably thought it was a done deal along with the difficult pitch. Torpoint should've had a third as young Hill broke through on goal. With two choices to either square it to Charman for a tap in or shoot himself, he rounded the keeper only to run out of room. Boscastle did pull a goal back, through a Sleep penalty after Torpoint's Lewis was judged to have pulled down a Boscastle attacker during a set piece. 

The second half showed a little improvement, but no goals til late on, when Robbins shot from 25ish yards and put the ball in the top corner to put the game to bed. It was a return to the side for stalwart Justin Norman, who came on second half in midfield and showed his experience and class. It was a pleasure to have him back in the side for the first time this season after stepping away following his player/management tenure at the end of last season.

Three games to play for Torpoint hoping to finish strong, but tough fixtures against Veryan, Foxhole and Godolphin to make the trip to East Cornwall.

Additional credit to Boscastle for all coming down to the football club afterwards for a drink. Easy to just pack up and head home with a journey that long, so thanks to all of them.

Also, well officiated by Alan Shaw with some jovial smiles from all and no bookings (i think).

On 27/04/2019 at 23:00, Dave Deacon said:

Anyone know the St Dennis v St Stephen result in div 3?

St Dennis 2-5 St Stephen

Rob Astin x1
Nathan McGall x1  - for St Dennis

Callum Oldham x4
Ryan Best x1 - for St Stephen

Many Thanks to Anita? (I think) who stepped in at the very last minute to referee the game and what a great job she done.