Teignmouth 4-2 Alphington AFC
University of Exeter 0-2 Torridgeside AFC
Waldon Athletic 5-2 Budleigh Salterton

DIVISION ONE WEST
Bere Alston United 3-0 Penzance
Ludgvan 0-2  Holsworthy
St Dennis 1-9 Mousehole
Wendron United 2-5 Liskeard Athletic

Back from watching the Godolphin vs Elburton match and i didnt even know the G had won 4-3 until i heard it on hte radio i thought the final score was 3-3 , Elburton didnt deserve to loose this match i thought they where all over the G in the 1st half  dominating the game i thought the G where awful ,but the luck was on there side in the 2nd half when Elburtons goalie Jack Dixon, had to leave the field injured and a young lad replaced him in goal and did ok .The G turned up the pressure and got back into the game with a Ross Fallens pen ,then a g great goal by Jacob Grange  and then a superb curling shot from Phil Lowry  that beat the young Elburton goalie and turned out to be the winning goal . My mom for the G ROSS FALLENS great display and Ross wouldnt be Ross if h didnt get booked and sure enough he got booked yet again .Man of Elburton the no 10 he was very good . Would like the Elburton team if anyone knows it they did not deserve to loose .Thats the end of the  season 1 game left the Final at  St Blazey in a couple of weeks then i go into hybernation until the season starts again 

Surprised to see nothing about it on this forum, so congratulations to Tavistock on winning the SWPL title. Doing this twice in three years is a big achievement. 

Not sure if they still intend taking promotion but, if they do, it will be great to see the Parkway v Tavvy local derbies back. It will also upset the Bristol clubs as it is another long away trip that they don't fancy. 

Firstly congratulations to Tavistock on winning another title.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I've not been at a game for quite a while. My apology if I am missing a few chapters from the book as regards whats gone down this season. 

Given a welcome opportunity I went along to Bodmin today as there was a degree of anticipation that Exmouth may have been able to apply a late twist to where the league title went.

However, with the result from the 'Argyle Home For Apprentices & Lost Souls' coming in this wasn't to be.

As regards what I saw on the pitch I was absolutely amazed at how far Bodmin Town had slipped from what I remembered as a quality football side? They were unrecognisable from the last time I saw them. Wishing no disrespect to those who did their best on the pitch the standard of football was staggeringly poor. It was bad, really bad. Bit of a shock from what was normally on offer at a Bodmin Town game.

Exmouth applied much more craft but a bobbling pitch and a few dubious decisions from the officials put paid to any surprises (Tavistock had such a positive goal difference in any case).

Credit to Exmouth for bringing plenty of support, they duly got behind their side for the entire 90 minutes. Quite a few of them took exception to Glyn Hobbs in the Bodmin technical area in his hoodie. Some even thought he was the Manager? Strange really but as I mentioned earlier, I have been away a while.

Certainly one of the poorer football matches I have attended.

Congratulations to Tavistock.

However no surprise really, team with the biggest budget should be winning the league!!!

Happens every season...fact!!!

Be an interesting year next season, if Parkway go to the Southern League and Tavistock to the Western League, you might find players will like this season play for both and help each-other out & Tavistock could end up doing relatively well.

Have heard that 6/7 Players have already stated they won’t be at Langford Park next season for their venture into the Western League (Hughes, David, Robins, Davies, Brown, Elliot all going to Bodmin & Pryne going back to Launceston).

Recruitment will be interesting but with an increase in budget, Henderson shouldn’t have any sleepless nights.

Tavi will lose a massive amount of players I  imagine  .they have no where near the budget of parkway ,who can afford to pay top wack and make it worth while to players traveling miles on a weeknight  . If true most will  jump ship to Bodmin I would imagine Bodmin will be challenging again after an awful season this year. 

So was at Bodmin yesterday  and we had another great away day.

It was always going to be a tall order to overtake Tavvy for the league.  

At half time after  being one up and Tavvy  only leading 1-0  there was always a chance but it was not to be. 

I didnt really get the Glynn Hobbs booting a second ball on the pitch with the game was going on 5 times and the ref and linesman doing nothing.

That really summed up the officials though . They were quite poor and gave a few strange decisions. Fortunately they didn`t cost us the league .

Fair play to Bodmin who really didn`t want to play much football ,but had a plan in place to frustrate Town and nearly snatched the win.

The 100ish supporters had a great day with a few beers in Weatherspoons before the game and stayed till around 6.30 in the clubhouse afterwards. The staff in there were very hospitable and didn`t mind the sing songs etc. The two coaches got back to Town at around 8.30 to meet up with Phil Hiscox to present the runners up Trophy. 

A great day . Congratulations to Tavvy ,

I will miss the trips over the border we have had some great bus  trips to the likes of Elburton (Not over the border I know) Helston St Austell Launceston and Bodmin. 

Next season it will be new grounds in a new league and the FA Cup whats not to like .

UTT  

Town away bodmin.jpg