Cornwall Football Forum

Elburton Villa Statement

It is with regret that EVFC has accepted the resignation of Kevin Yetton as 1st team manager.

Whilst we are naturally disappointed, we fully understand the reasoning and support his decision to step down to spend more time with family and re-evaluate his football future.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kevin for his hard work at EVFC, 11yrs as a player and 5yrs as manager.

The club will continue to move forward with the loyal squad of players put in place by Kevin and his team.

Further details will soon be published regarding the vacant position application process.

***Applications Open***

Elburton Villa Football Club are seeking new 1st team management for the 2019/20 season.

The club will take its place in the new SWPL Step 6 Premier East Divison as well as entering its League Cup, Devon St Lukes Challenge Cup and FA Vase competitions.

Applications for the position are now welcome and should be made inclusive of a personal statement and footballing CV.

Closing date for applications are: Friday 10th May (interviews will be offered to suitable candidates)

Candidates wishing to be considered for the position can submit their details to the Club Secretary Nick Pope via: pope.n@sky.com

9 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Heard a couple names mentioned (Kevin Hendy & Bradley Yeo).

Isn't Dan Cole the automatic choice to take over?? 

As the question has been asked Dan isn't looking to run a side himself but is keeping his options open to being part of a management team wherever that may be.

Simon McClements (coach) has also advised he is to step away from his role.

Yetz, Dan, Maca, Jon & Tony have all been brilliant and with the hard work of them and players all in all gave us a good season back in the top flight. 

I was having a chat last night while I was waiting for my fish and chips with a chap who watches local football (Torpoint) and he said that there are 2 people he heard were interested.  Matt Godfree and Lee Mann.  I can see how both names have surfaced. Both have been around local football for some time, both have ties to the club and both have had managerial and Assistant jobs recently, so maybe this is the ideal step for them.

Personally It wouldn't surprise me to see Kev Hendy go for it.  I had a chat with him a couple of months ago and he wouldn't mind getting back into it if the right opportunity came up.

Matt Godfree wouldn't be a bad choice.  But not sure if he would take it on and leave his little set up at Saltash.  His old man is a top bloke though!

Lee Mann is very keen from what I have heard.  Has been involved at the club for some time and runs their under 18's.  Not sure on his credentials as a manager at that level though, but suppose everyone has to get a chance at some point. 

Heard strong chat that Dane Bunney would be interested.  He is fed up of being a number 2 and feels he warrants a number 1 role somewhere.  Cusack seems to be the brains behind the operation at Saltash so not sure where Dane gets his entitlement from!

Wayne Hilson is another I heard that is looking to get back into football, so could be interested in taking it on, but would need a tasty budget and from what I can gather, Elburton are going to chuck out very minimal (£10 a player) next season!

2 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

Matt Godfree wouldn't be a bad choice.  But not sure if he would take it on and leave his little set up at Saltash.  His old man is a top bloke though!

Lee Mann is very keen from what I have heard.  Has been involved at the club for some time and runs their under 18's.  Not sure on his credentials as a manager at that level though, but suppose everyone has to get a chance at some point. 

Heard strong chat that Dane Bunney would be interested.  He is fed up of being a number 2 and feels he warrants a number 1 role somewhere.  Cusack seems to be the brains behind the operation at Saltash so not sure where Dane gets his entitlement from!

Wayne Hilson is another I heard that is looking to get back into football, so could be interested in taking it on, but would need a tasty budget and from what I can gather, Elburton are going to chuck out very minimal (£10 a player) next season!

Dane Bunney has had several jobs as number one. None have lasted long.

Have also heard the rumour about Hilson but the £150 budget would have to be 5 times that as a minimum to get him there. 

Simon Westlake also interested in a return.

Matt Godfree doesn’t fancy it apparently and Dane Bunneys record not great as a number 1.

Martin Mitchell and Bradley Yeo have been mentioned as a joint pairing, both bring knowledge and good contacts but again the budget a concern.

Be very interesting to see who gets it. Some good mangers their, but some of them haven’t been around a while. Bradley Yeo took a very young side Plymstock seconds and did very well. Martin Mitchell is at ivy bridge I believe.

Simon Westlake at DobWalls could see a return. Nick pope and Simon are good friends so this would be the favourite.

People talk about experience at this level well apart from top 4 most of the teams are average and some of the players should still be playing P&D football.

Simon west lake 1/4

Bradley Yeo 2/1 

lee mann 5/1 

Wayne Hilton 50/1 

• 2 weeks later...

Elburton Villa are pleased to announce the appointments of Kevin Bowden and Jon Winters as their new swpleague first team management.

Both join from neighbouring club Plymstock Utd bringing great enthusiasm and experience to our club entering the new Premier East  Division.

22 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Hope you didn't place to much money on your 2 horses Mick. 

Turned out to be 2 donkeys. 

However I believe the fact that there was no 2nd team at Elburton was a reason for Lee Mann not pursuing his application further and Westake decided against it after finding out who was in the running and that one of their Dads was on the committee so had a slightly stronger chance than him.

Budget restraints (£150 a game) was a factor for both too.