Cornwall Football Forum

More bad news from Newquay AFC

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Paying some very very big bucks over there, maybe found out? 

Newquay probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league this league as all they’re players are local lads (Bodmin wouldn’t know about that) Bodmin will just pay average players ridiculous money year after year. Looking good for another 10th place finish this year...😂😂😂

Newquay will end up higher than 10th they have a very good team well they are mostly all ex G players so they are bound to be good ,5th or 6th position i think Newquay will finish they got a hard start next Wednesday vs Helston should be a great game .Maybe 1 day you will say something nice about Newquay Leeds or is it Terry ,think your team will do well 4th position i predict

Some are regularly critical of the same clubs week in week out perhaps in a futile attempt to divert attention away from their own problems.
In reality all it does is encourage a reposte that exposes the perceived problems within the club supported by the original person posting.

40 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

🤣🤣🎣🎣🎣🎣 easy peeze

Obviously no answer is available to the accusation against Bodmin below

1 hour ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Newquay probably have one of the smallest budgets in the league this league as all they’re players are local lads (Bodmin wouldn’t know about that) Bodmin will just pay average players ridiculous money year after year. Looking good for another 10th place finish this year...😂😂😂

Or if there is it would be interesting to hear.

Newquay, a proper town football club, with a proper ground! Why don’t all you locals support them more and make match day not just a game, but a social occasion?

Step 7 side Exmouth Town Reserves are popping down tomorrow for a recently arranged friendly.

Yours in Sport 

2 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

To be fair Bodmin are the most successful club in the county in recent years, regardless of the cost you cant have that success with average players. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Newquay will end up higher than 10th they have a very good team well they are mostly all ex G players so they are bound to be good ,5th or 6th position i think Newquay will finish they got a hard start next Wednesday vs Helston should be a great game .Maybe 1 day you will say something nice about Newquay Leeds or is it Terry ,think your team will do well 4th position i predict

As the resident bookmaker you will see that i have predicted a 7th place finish for Newquay this year.

16 hours ago, MRFIXIT said:

The AGM has been DELAYED INDEFINITELY. Date to be set by the Account. Is the club the heading for a fall ???

Are you hinting that something untoward has been going on at the club?

This thread has become typical of all threads lately, always being twisted and ending up sniping at Bodmin, St Austell, etc, no matter the original subject matter.

Stick to the original point of it. What is wrong at Newquay?

19 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Have g ever finished in the top 6 becaus from what I know been a mid table side forever so newquay ain’t going to jump up the league because they signed g players 😂😂

7 hours ago, Journeyman009 said:

Have g ever finished in the top 6 becaus from what I know been a mid table side forever so newquay ain’t going to jump up the league because they signed g players 😂😂

Twice in fact since they made it into the Premier Division!

In their second season finished 5th - 2013-14 and again 5th two seasons later in 2015-16

Last three though 13th, 17th and 14th

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Twice in fact since they made it into the Premier Division!

In their second season finished 5th - 2013-14 and again 5th two seasons later in 2015-16

Last three though 13th, 17th and 14th

Dave, 

The league positions alone don't do the G justice since they have been in the premier, also made about 4/5 finals as well as the couple of 5th placed finishes.