Cornwall Football Forum

Cully v Bovey Tracy

i got myself along to Speeds Meadow tonight for Cullompton V Bovey Tracy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, Bovey totally deserved it but it was worth the watch.

However....

Disappointed by the constant hen pecking from both dugouts aimed towards the officials, each other and their respective opposition which was incessant for the full 90 minutes.

Both teams were hell bent on winding each other up via petty digs and constantly questioned the Referee and his team whenever the opportunity arose.

The ref gave many 50 50 decisions and by their nature could have gone either way. 

Just get on with it lads, enjoy yourselves, play with a smile on your face.

Not wishing to sound rude as the highest level i ever played was senior 1 in the D&E league, youre in SWPL, dont expect Mark Clatenberg, this is the level you play.

As i say the game wasnt bad, some good goals, yea some questionable decisions.

I just wish the ref would send off these argumentative types as it will stamp it out.

Remember you wont always be able to play so whilst you can, ENJOY IT.

49 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I don’t think you’ll be staying here Zorro. This is an information only thread only supposed to be used by D.D. to give out lists of results for the week. I would suggest that you mosy on down to the relevant sub-forum where we can all enjoy your pearls of wisdom without getting in the way.

Already moved it Bruegel! 👍

Thanks for the post Zorro. Can't agree more with what you said.