KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER WEST
Godolphin Atlantic  1-2  St Dennis
Helston Athletic 2-1   Wendron United
Penzance  0-2   St Blazey
Porthleven    2-2   Mousehole
Saltash United  6-2   Launceston
St Austell  2-1   Falmouth Town
Sticker    2-3   Wadebridge Town

Very interesting game at St Austell. Scrappy for much of the time. HT 1-0 (Hooper) seemed about right. Hayden Turner made it 2-0 and most thought that should be enough. Falmouth had threatened at several times but a lucky break gave them an own goal with plenty of time left. The pressure built. Fal had a long throw expert who kept flinging them in from the top of the slope. And then something I have never seen before .. One throw in bounced in the area and flew into the net. From my view, high in the stand, it never got a touch and as such was not a goal. My opinion is that it should have been a goal kick but amazingly the ref ordered a retake of the throw in! A bit of handbags at the final whistle, presumably about that incident. Neither side convincing but 12 Points from 4 games can’t be argued with.

Popped along to the Helston v Wendron match.

Wendron should have gone in halftime 5 goals up!

Helston very poor in the first half,  but came out slick and quick in the second half and won the game rather fortuitously 2..1

Young Cornish for Helston looked a prospect and the number 6 for Wendron outstanding I thought.

A draw would have been the fair result. 

46 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Popped along to the Helston v Wendron match.

Wendron should have gone in halftime 5 goals up!

Helston very poor in the first half,  but came out slick and quick in the second half and won the game rather fortuitously 2..1

Young Cornish for Helston looked a prospect and the number 6 for Wendron outstanding I thought.

A draw would have been the fair result. 

Did you  take up the hospitality  after the  game or not enough  fag ash? 😂

Helston 2 (Mark Goldsworthy, Alfie Flack)

Wendron United 1 (Jack Noy)

All the goals coming in the second half. Goldy putting Helston in front, but not too long after Jack Noy levelled with a good individual effort.

It looked as if it was going to end up a draw until in added on time the Wendron defence, who had dealt with most things all evening, allowed Flack to get away and he rifled the ball into the roof of the net. Too late for the visitors to respond again.

I thought Helston just about shaded it. In the build up to the first goal, there was a blatant offside, which even their chairman agreed was. However, they also had a penalty appeal turned down which looked a good shout.

Helston are way off the mark at the moment though. Never got going. But take nothing away from a Wendron side who stuck to their task, apart from that last minute!

Lots of yellow cards shown - too many for my liking. Same referee as last week’s Bodmin v Callington match where there was also a lot!

Interesting to see the former Truro City manager Leigh Robinson alongside Mass in the dug out fur the evening.  Although I’m told Leigh isn’t considering the job long term apparently. One night only.

However the hunt hots up for someone to replace Steve Jewell as I understand  Mass “is actively seeking someone!!”

Not sure why Jeweller can’t do it on match occasions for the moment as he’s always there because of son Harrison. 

Good to see Liam Eddy make his first league appearance back at the club, coming on for the last ten minutes or so. He’s always going to create concern for a defence and perhaps should have scored even after Alfie’s late goal! Just hope Edds can shake off the injury 100% though.

12 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Helston 2 (Mark Goldsworthy, Alfie Flack)

Wendron United 1 (Jack Noy)

All the goals coming in the second half. Goldy putting Helston in front, but not too long after Jack Noy levelled with a good individual effort.

It looked as if it was going to end up a draw until in added on time the Wendron defence, who had dealt with most things all evening, allowed Flack to get away and he rifled the ball into the roof of the net. Too late for the visitors to respond again.

I thought Helston just about shaded it. In the build up to the first goal, there was a blatant offside, which even their chairman agreed was. However, they also had a penalty appeal turned down which looked a good shout.

Helston are way off the mark at the moment though. Never got going. But take nothing away from a Wendron side who stuck to their task, apart from that last minute!

Interesting to see the former Truro City manager Leigh Robinson alongside Mass in the dug out fur the evening.  Although I’m told Leigh isn’t considering the job long term apparently. One night only.

However the hunt hots up for someone to replace Steve Jewell as I understand  Mass “is actively seeking someone!!”

Not sure why Jeweller can’t do it on match occasions for the moment as he’s always there because of son Harrison. 

Good to see Liam Eddy make his first league appearance back at the club, coming on for the last ten minutes or so. He’s always going to create concern for a defence and perhaps should have scored even after Alfie’s late goal! Just hope Edds can shake off the injury 100% though.

I spoke with Steve a few weeks ago and he tells me his business is too busy to be able to commit full time at the moment. 

Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I spoke with Steve a few weeks ago and he tells me his business is too busy to be able to commit full time at the moment. 

I know that, but all I’m saying is that for the moment, until a replacement comes along,  he could be alongside Mass in the dug out. Someone for a second opinion who was there last season and can compare where they are at the moment with twelve months ago.

Just now, Dave Deacon said:

I know that, but all I’m saying is that for the moment, until a replacement comes along,  he could be alongside Mass in the dug out. Someone for a second opinion who was there last season and can compare where they are at the moment with twelve months ago.

I'll compare it...exactly the same as last season, but will probably get better.

Nothing special last night.

1 hour ago, bigbadbarry said:

Think it’s going to be a long season for Penzance, games like last night are games they need to be winning

Blazey weren't great but were much fitter and ran Penzance ragged; they barely had a shot on goal whereas Blazey had numerous great chances saved. Penzance's keeper was undoubtedly MOTD, kept the scoreline below 5 by himself, otherwise it would have been a thrashing.

14 hours ago, Hetty said:

Watched the game also tonight. Saltash were truly incredible first 15 minutes. Kept Launceston at arms length for the rest of the game. 

Actually Launceston were  awful for the first 15 minutes to be fair Until they eventually adjusted their formation but too late I’m afraid

16 hours ago, baldy said:

Very interesting game at St Austell. Scrappy for much of the time. HT 1-0 (Hooper) seemed about right. Hayden Turner made it 2-0 and most thought that should be enough. Falmouth had threatened at several times but a lucky break gave them an own goal with plenty of time left. The pressure built. Fal had a long throw expert who kept flinging them in from the top of the slope. And then something I have never seen before .. One throw in bounced in the area and flew into the net. From my view, high in the stand, it never got a touch and as such was not a goal. My opinion is that it should have been a goal kick but amazingly the ref ordered a retake of the throw in! A bit of handbags at the final whistle, presumably about that incident. Neither side convincing but 12 Points from 4 games can’t be argued with.

Baldy - think you were a bit generous with ‘scrappy’. The first half was dire for two quality teams - Falmouth continually going for a long ball (their mid field might as well have sat on the bench) and St Austell having more possession but doing little with it - the goal was a great shot but from nothing really. Second half was more entertaining but again, I expected better. Hayden’s goal was solo effort using his blistering pace (perhaps the goalie will be disappointed though) and that should have been game over. Falmouth made three changes, players I assume are carrying injuries as imo should have started - and the game became end to end. Falmouth goal was, as you say, a stroke of luck from a deflected header on the edge of the box by Cam which completely wrong footed Chippy, shortly followed by an outstanding save by him. Both teams could have scored but for wayward finishing. 

The throw in incident was a goal - from my angle two players went for the ball and it clipped the defenders head before bouncing into the goal - but ref never saw it and then strangely gave a throw in again - if he thought it never touched anyone (which clearly he thought it had until surrounded by the entire St Austell team) then it should have been a goal kick. 

St Austell have won 4 out of 4 and with Andrews, H Turner and Hooper leading their line are going to score goals, but you could tell by their celebrations this was not a great performance. 

As for the F Troop, they clearly went beyond ‘banter’ as I have never seen Giler react the way he did - we was ready to take them all on, even after the game finished. Very disappointing. 

Still think both teams will be there or there abouts but their coaches will be having a few words at training. 

42 minutes ago, Outsider said:

I wonder if Leeds knows St. Blazey won.

I do indeed & appreciate you can only beat the opposition in front of you, but with the spankings Penzance have been recieving it looks as if most if not all teams will be beating them so what's your point ? 🤣 

Blazey have picked up wins against Callington & Penzance ... Any bets that either of those will finish outside the bottom 3 ?? We were chuckling as we saw Matty Hayden's comments on twitter that the had to go all the way to Penzance, & the result was amazing .. reality says they beat a team who on their current goals against coloumn could concede 100 goals by March . However a win is a win, well done St.Blazey, I was at the club last night & many didn't bother traveling down, apart from a few including Paul I believe on the train they said last night. Well done Paul !

Really wish I knew how to get the saucy postcard copied to here.

3 minutes ago, baldy said:

3 minutes ago, baldy said:

3 hours ago, Hetty said:

What came first. Chicken or the egg? 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

I do indeed & appreciate you can only beat the opposition in front of you, but with the spankings Penzance have been recieving it looks as if most if not all teams will be beating them so what's your point ? 🤣 

Blazey have picked up wins against Callington & Penzance ... Any bets that either of those will finish outside the bottom 3 ?? We were chuckling as we saw Matty Hayden's comments on twitter that the had to go all the way to Penzance, & the result was amazing .. reality says they beat a team who on their current goals against coloumn could concede 100 goals by March . However a win is a win, well done St.Blazey, I was at the club last night & many didn't bother traveling down, apart from a few including Paul I believe on the train they said last night. Well done Paul !

I did indeed go down on the train last night. 17 St Blazey supporters made the trip to Pz last night which was a decent turn out when the second team were at home. 

We might have beat two sides predicted to be near the bottom but we still have to do the job and get the 3 points. So job done last night. It could easily have been 5 or 6. 

We head to Wendron on Saturday for a tricky fixture and then face Mousehole at home on Wednesday night. Who nos what will happen but the team spirit is good and players and supporters travelling home on the train had a good night. 

P.S. Cracking chinese near the Queens square Coop on the way to the ground. Went down a treat. 🍟🍗

18 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Baldy - think you were a bit generous with ‘scrappy’. The first half was dire for two quality teams - Falmouth continually going for a long ball (their mid field might as well have sat on the bench) and St Austell having more possession but doing little with it - the goal was a great shot but from nothing really. Second half was more entertaining but again, I expected better. Hayden’s goal was solo effort using his blistering pace (perhaps the goalie will be disappointed though) and that should have been game over. Falmouth made three changes, players I assume are carrying injuries as imo should have started - and the game became end to end. Falmouth goal was, as you say, a stroke of luck from a deflected header on the edge of the box by Cam which completely wrong footed Chippy, shortly followed by an outstanding save by him. Both teams could have scored but for wayward finishing. 

The throw in incident was a goal - from my angle two players went for the ball and it clipped the defenders head before bouncing into the goal - but ref never saw it and then strangely gave a throw in again - if he thought it never touched anyone (which clearly he thought it had until surrounded by the entire St Austell team) then it should have been a goal kick. 

St Austell have won 4 out of 4 and with Andrews, H Turner and Hooper leading their line are going to score goals, but you could tell by their celebrations this was not a great performance. 

As for the F Troop, they clearly went beyond ‘banter’ as I have never seen Giler react the way he did - we was ready to take them all on, even after the game finished. Very disappointing. 

Still think both teams will be there or there abouts but their coaches will be having a few words at training. 

If you are referring to your number 4 what was he thinking walking over to ftroop and telling them what they should or should not say , not wise at all in my opinion! 

49 minutes ago, Harry P said:

If you are referring to your number 4 what was he thinking walking over to ftroop and telling them what they should or should not say , not wise at all in my opinion! 

Harry - I was a total neutral for this game , just took the game in to see two rated teams (there were a lot of neutrals there on Wednesday) - so Giler is not ‘my’ No4. I have however watched him play numerous times and whilst a fierce defender is a real gentleman - and I have never seen him react that way - something untoward was said and I would suggest it was whoever upset him was the ‘unwise’ one - although I did not hear any of what was said. 

Did Saltash United 6 Launceston 2 

Rarely seen anything resembling such an awesome first 20 minutes 

Saltash were simply relentless as they continually cut Launceston apart

Superb attacking play

Can see why so many punters rate the Ryan Richards / Sam Hughes strike partnership

Credit to Launceston for rebooting the game plan whilst taking flack, they admirably levelled a sinking ship to come back from the grave

4-1 after 20 minutes, 5-2 at half time, 6-2 come the final whistle

Nice to see quite a few Launceston supporters there for the evening