Cornwall Football Forum

Results for Wednesday 28 August 2019

WEDNESDAY 28 AUG

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER EAST

Elmore   AvA        Bovey Tracey (match abandoned due to a player injury)

Millbrook             5-0         Stoke Gabriel

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER WEST

Godolphin Atlantic            3-2         Falmouth Town

Helston Athletic  11-0       Penzance

Porthleven           2-1         Wendron United

St Blazey              1-4         Mousehole

31 minutes ago, Paul said:

Good effort from St Blazey tonight. Mousehole on a different level. But St Blazey battled on and scored the best goal of the night. No disgrace at all. 

Next up, The G at home in the F.A Vase on Saturday. 

Good game to watch, 2 teams both wanting to play the ball on the deck. Credit to both 

7 minutes ago, Alan Turing said:

Good game at Blaise Park last night. Mousehole were a step above but St Blazey done their credentials no harm at all with that performance. 

Good discipline by the Blazey players never gave up and still in it until that 2nd goal went in on the hour . Mousehole with that team look top 3 this season.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I think im right in saying St Blazey have only had 1 yellow card in the last two matches. The fair play league toppers will be looking over their shoulder if this form continues. 

When I saw who was refereeing last night I thought we might be in for a few sin bins/yellow/red cards, but he controlled it well and Mousehole were the only team with a booking. Thought the refs all black colours clashed with the Mouseholes very dark blue shirts and made it seem that Mousehole had an extra player, surprised it was allowed.

Sorry Rayvon didnt see the G beating Falmouth seems like i missed a cracking game ,couldnt get out there the clutch on my car went last saturday after the Gs defeat to Penzance and im still waiting for the car to be towed to the garage .Great win for the G didnt give them a hope of beating Falmouth wander if it was the full Falmouth team i think Falmouth goalie Ryan Barnes is still on holiday ,but well done the G

Well done G, fantastic result, to be 2-0 up pegged back to 2-2, to then go on & grab victory in the back foot is a great show of character. 

I went to watch Helston Vs Penzance, I couldn't & still can't believe what I witnessed . Helston were at no means  at their best, but Penzance were dreadfully dreadfully out of their depth, infact it was cringing watching their players & supporters suffer ( a good few making the journey from Penzance ) but 11-0 in this standard ( & Helston possibly should of hit 15  ) just is a total mis-match. Penzance keeper looked to me as if he were crying leaving the field of play, Helston so much fitter & sharper then Penzance, the Magpies looked like tortoises moving around, a goal fest yes, but huge huge changes needed on/off  the field at Penzance or this might be a horribly long season for them. 

Their neighbours on the other hand played some very tidy football & pumped St.Blazey 1-4 . Sounds a bit more competitive scoreline than the game I witnessed ... But 1-4 is still a hammering at home. 

Just now, leedsunited said:

Well done G, fantastic result, to be 2-0 up pegged back to 2-2, to then go on & grab victory on the back foot is a great show of character. 

I went to watch Helston Vs Penzance, I couldn't & still can't believe what I witnessed . Helston were at no means  at their best, but Penzance were dreadfully dreadfully out of their depth, infact it was cringing watching their players & supporters suffer ( a good few making the journey from Penzance ) but 11-0 in this standard ( & Helston possibly should of hit 15  ) just is a total mis-match. Penzance keeper looked to me as if he were crying leaving the field of play, Helston so much fitter & sharper then Penzance, the Magpies looked like tortoises moving around, a goal fest yes, but huge huge changes needed on/off  the field at Penzance or this might be a horribly long season for them. 

Their neighbours on the other hand played some very tidy football & pumped St.Blazey 1-4 . Sounds a bit more competitive scoreline than the game I witnessed ... But 1-4 is still a hammering at home. 

Is there any reason why Penzance appear to so out of their depth this season? They were fairly competitive last season and from what I have read, seem to have made quite a few additions to the squad?

As leeds suggested, 11-0 is a bit toe curling at this level, particularly for a club of Penzance's stature. Saying that, I'm sure you could buy a house in Helston with the money it cost to pay for a team to put up a cricket score. 

1 hour ago, Dewnens Henhwedhel said:

Is there any reason why Penzance appear to so out of their depth this season? They were fairly competitive last season and from what I have read, seem to have made quite a few additions to the squad?

As leeds suggested, 11-0 is a bit toe curling at this level, particularly for a club of Penzance's stature. Saying that, I'm sure you could buy a house in Helston with the money it cost to pay for a team to put up a cricket score. 

Where did Penzance finish up last season ? Over to Mr. Mead .. ! 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Well done G, fantastic result, to be 2-0 up pegged back to 2-2, to then go on & grab victory in the back foot is a great show of character. 

I suppose it shows what a poor standard Cornwall senior football is in.

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Yeah but they got the F Troop back behind them again now BIG AL that's got to be worth a goal start in most games surely.

They sing the big al song very well ! 😁😂🤣

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You said that last year!

And the year before .

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Sorry Rayvon didnt see the G beating Falmouth seems like i missed a cracking game ,couldnt get out there the clutch on my car went last saturday after the Gs defeat to Penzance and im still waiting for the car to be towed to the garage .Great win for the G didnt give them a hope of beating Falmouth wander if it was the full Falmouth team i think Falmouth goalie Ryan Barnes is still on holiday ,but well done the G

Three very good goals from Atlantic -could someone fill in the gaps with the Godolphin goalscorers pleas

e ?

(        )1--0.........................

20m.2--0..........................

37m. 2--1 Matt Buchan (H)

55m. 2--2 Joe Cooper (H) corner

86m. 3--2.........................

100% Cornish this wass the Falmouth lineup

Harry McMellon-Luke Brabyn-Ollie Moody-Martyn Duff(Sam Pickup 82m)-Joe Cooper(C) (249th.Appearance)-Ryan Martt-Olly Walker-Jack Webber-Matt Buchan(Jack Bowyer 67m)-Tim Nixon-Luke Johnson

14 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Where did Penzance finish up last season ? Over to Mr. Mead .. ! 

Sorry Leeds United, I will refrain from commenting on Pz AFC at present. I've known for a long time that posting opinions on here is too provocative and just invites negative responses from unidentifiable keyboard warriors.

I was in London on Wednesday, so cannot comment on the result or performance - though I was obviously gutted to read the outcome.

14 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Sorry Leeds United, I will refrain from commenting on Pz AFC at present. I've known for a long time that posting opinions on here is too provocative and just invites negative responses from unidentifiable keyboard warriors.

I was in London on Wednesday, so cannot comment on the result or performance - though I was obviously gutted to read the outcome.

I meant where they finished last season John?? I would never expect a man with your love, passion & affiliation with Penzance Football Club to comment or ask your thoughts after an 11-0 defeat ! 

Just now, leedsunited said:

I meant where they finished last season in the league John?? I would never expect a man with your love, passion & affiliation with Penzance Football Club to comment or ask your thoughts after an 11-0 defeat ! 

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I'd think you'd know all about your team getting pumped by Mousehole after Bodmin's thrashing a few weeks back. By a team from the fish and chip league indeed. How embarrassing!

Why is it no so obvious that surely when looking at the Penzance team half the starting line up are simply not good enough for that standard. Who do you blame ! Surely the manager who only knows the same players to bring in. Also how can you compete with most of the new league when hundreds of pounds are paid to players every game from most clubs & Penzance had what they thought was a wealthy Chairman only to find out he couldn’t buy a meal deal. 1. Blame the club 2. Blame the manager for taking a thankless job. 3. Blame the pirates cos there closer than Mousehole & Mousehole always get the blame. 😎