Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town welcome Liskeard Athletic

After an absence of  5 seasons, Liskeard make the journey to Bickland Park twice in the space of 4 days

Sat.  21st.Sept. SWPL P West 3pm and Tues.24th Charity Cup 7-30pm.

A chance to see the  SWPL Golden Boot winner of last season-James Lorenz who netted 51 goals

Interesting Stat'  Since their first visit  in(1966) Liskeard have conceded 99 competitive goals at Bickland- (SWL 58, SWLC.2, WL.5, SWPL.18,  CSC. 6, CCC. 6, FAC. 1, FAV, 3 goals

In 14 SWPL (Prem) games 2007-14) Liskeard are seeking their first victory over The Town.

Taken from programme notes.

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Can remember some decent Falmouth v Liskeard encounters, especially in Senior Cup games when they were SWL/Western League match ups. 

I remember when we beat liskeard in the vase ,don't know the year though .Andy Waddell weaving his way past  everybody to slot in the winner .the highlights  were on spotlight showing  f troop going mental behind the goal .Good days .

Half Time. Falmouth 3--Liskeard 1

14m  0--1 Jack Podmore ?(corner)-25m. 1--1 Jack Bowyer ((l.Brabyn)- 34m.  2--1 Luke Barner (J.Bowyer) Debut goal.-37m. 3--1 Jack Bowyer (9th.goal of season)

Coming out of retirement,Falmouth boy Toby Clarke plays only is second game for Falmouth-his first in season 2003/04.He has played most of his football at Saltash-- 16 seasons between games must be some sort of record LOL

65min.4--1.Jack Bowyer(H)Hat trick (Tim Nixon)-77min.5--1.Luke Brabyn(solo)-86min.6--1.Matt Buchan-87min.6--2 BentleyAlcantara

Final score Falmouth 6--Liskeard 2

11 hours ago, mattelot said:

I remember when we beat liskeard in the vase ,don't know the year though .Andy Waddell weaving his way past  everybody to slot in the winner .the highlights  were on spotlight showing  f troop going mental behind the goal .Good days .

Was there that day Matelot. Think it was the last 32, big build up in the week with a preview piece on Spotlight, Blues boss Jimmy Hargreaves made the mistake of saying that he "could start to see the twin towers in the distance" . You lot didn't read the script and won two-nil. Remember a very sizeable and loud F-Troop contingent at Lux Park.

15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Was there that day Matelot. Think it was the last 32, big build up in the week with a preview piece on Spotlight, Blues boss Jimmy Hargreaves made the mistake of saying that he "could start to see the twin towers in the distance" . You lot didn't read the script and won two-nil. Remember a very sizeable and loud F-Troop contingent at Lux Park.

😁there's me thinking it was 2-1.F troop were in fine voice again today , makes for a brilliant atmosphere not usually heard at this level and really lifts the players .The real 12th man .

An excellent performance from the Town today. I think there were 3 disallowed goals and a few missed chances as well. Jack Bowyer is on fire at the moment and a great 2nd debut from Toby Clark. Some brilliant attacking play down the wings from Brabyn, Barner and Nixon. Can't be many better than them in the league this season. The usual imperious performance from skipper Joe Cooper as well.

Climbing the table now after a stuttering start. 7th place now and rising.

F-Troop in great voice today and never stopped singing in the 2nd half. Must be brilliant for the players to play in front of them every week. Amazing support for a team at this level.

Massive excitement for the forthcoming  match against Helston. I hope the Helston keeper is prepared for the "Banter" he is going to get from behind his goal!

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Mike odgers will know

It was 2-0 Nigel in The F.A.Vase 1994/95    Liskeard were in The Western League-Paul Kneebone gave us a half time lead and Andy Waddell on his mazey run sealed it late in the game.

I believe he won the TSW Goal of the Month award with that effort which was shown on TV.

17 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

It was 2-0 Nigel in The F.A.Vase 1994/95    Liskeard were in The Western League-Paul Kneebone gave us a half time lead and Andy Waddell on his mazey run sealed it late in the game.

I believe he won the TSW Goal of the Month award with that effort which was shown on TV.

You are as ever mike ,THE ORACLE ! .I Remember neebs who was my neighbour at the time scoring the 1rst and yes Andy Waddell did win the goal of the month award .

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

An excellent performance from the Town today. I think there were 3 disallowed goals and a few missed chances as well. Jack Bowyer is on fire at the moment and a great 2nd debut from Toby Clark. Some brilliant attacking play down the wings from Brabyn, Barner and Nixon. Can't be many better than them in the league this season. The usual imperious performance from skipper Joe Cooper as well.

Climbing the table now after a stuttering start. 7th place now and rising.

F-Troop in great voice today and never stopped singing in the 2nd half. Must be brilliant for the players to play in front of them every week. Amazing support for a team at this level.

Massive excitement for the forthcoming  match against Helston. I hope the Helston keeper is prepared for the "Banter" he is going to get from behind his goal!

Toby Clark a great signing and with the imminent return of Dave Blizzard Jonno and Broglino ,it gives westy plenty of options .