IlfracombeTn         2-1          Newton Abbot Spurs 

Ivybridge Town    0-3           Torridgeside

Plymouth Marjons   4-1      Stoke Gabriel

Sidmouth Town    2-6         Elburton Villa 

Torpoint Athletic     6-0          Axminster Town 

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Dobwalls           0-3          St Austell 

Liskeard Athletic     2-1       Penzance 

Porthleven    AvA    Launceston (match abandoned)

Saltash United       6-0          Godolphin Atlantic 

St Blazey                  1-3          Camelford 

St Dennis              0-6             Mousehole 

Sticker                    2-1            Callington Town 

Wadebridge Tn     3-5            Helston Athletic 

Wendron United     1-2          Bodmin Town

Saltash 6 Godolphin 0

My 1st SWPL game and my 1st Ashes game since 2002 having been away in the North West following Glossop North End in the NWCL then the Northern Premier

League and then work commitments stopping me attending.

Have to say I was impressed with Saltash. First half they were quick,  passed the ball well and were 5-0 up at half time. In fairness Godolphin weren't that bad and gave a much better account of themselves in the 2nd half. Godolphin wont be bottom but will take some wins along the way this season. 

Good vibe about and around Kimberley Stadium these days. 

Took a trip to Wadebridge this afternoon to watch them play my title favourites Helston and i still think they will win the league ,before the match started Ollie and Neil made a fuss of Smokie and he loved that ,i said to Goldy another hatrick today and he said i hope so and he goes ahead and gets it just as well give him the golden boot now and hes doing this without his sidekick strike partner Liam Eddy ,he had Alfie Flack along side him today and he had a realy good game .Helston where dominating the game and it was a surprise when Wadebridge went 1-0 up after a balls up in the Helston defence and Helston goalie Robinson sliced the ball to a Wadebridge player who knocked the ball into a unguarded goal it wasnt long before Helston equalised after great wing play from Kai Cornish presented it on a plate for Alfie Flack to knock in  ,it wasnt long before Helston went 3-1 up a rocket of a shot from Kai Cornish that came off the back of a Wadebridge player .Wadebridge got a dodgy pen ,but then it was the Mark GOLDSWORTHY show when he got his 2nd hat trick in a week last week it was vs Godolphin ,Matt Lloyd got another goal back for Wadebridge i never saw that goali was on the way home soaked through to th skin with a wet Smokie dog .Well done Helston great display and this week i am going to give mom to Goldy for his 3 goals .Youngsters Cam Wheat and  Alfie Flack both played brilliantly nice seeing youngsters being brought through unlike some teams bringing back old timers who have seen there days .Hope Helstons Hugh Howlett is ok after his injury forced him off . Will be watching Helston again no doubt in the future i like to be entertained and they do that .

Wendron United   1 (Stocker), Bodmin Town 2 (Pethick, Hillson)

Firstly, what a horrible afternoon weather wise for playing football, so a well done to both sides and the three officials. It wasn't easy with the rain incessant for the whole match together with, by the time the second half came, a very strong wind blowing down the pitch from the changing room end.

The difficult conditions suggested that this match might witness a few possible costly errors.

Neither side created too many good chances in the first half, Wendron taking 17 minutes to get their first shot at goal, while Dan Jennings somehow failed to give Bodmin the lead when it looked harder to miss!

The only goal of the half came a couple minutes before the break and came via one of those expected errors when Bodmin's keeper Richard Kellow miscued his clearance with the ball going to Jack Stocker who made no mistake immediately knocking it back over the goally and into the Bodmin net!

One up at the break but having to defend the elements in the second half which, with the conditions worsening by the minute, in the end proved too much for the Dron to do. Bodmin, having the majority of possession by now, got back level on the 65th minute when substitute Dan Pethick smashed home his 4th goal of the season thanks to good work by Tallum Mitchell down the right. The midfielder pulled it back to Pethick who gave Wendron keeper Dan Stedman no chance.

The winner came from Sam Hillson, up in the opponent's six yard box for a dead-ball opportunity. After Stedman had touched the ball onto the bar, Wendron failed to clear their lines and Hillson was on hand to stab the ball in for what proved to be the winner. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Currently St.Blazey 1-3 Camelford  ... Blazey absolutely awful, woeful infact.  Currently in the grandstand trying to get dog shit off my brand new Lonsdale training shoes ... 

Leeds - if you were at the game, it’s a shame you didn’t mention how good Camelford were in the second half. . 

St Blazey 1-3 Camelford. 

Firstly, ground looked great and despite the horrendous conditions - the rain starting bang on kick off, and even covered from head to toe with ‘Gortex’ I got soaked - Even if the other 70 odd spectators sheltered in the stand(s).

Both teams were affected with missing players today, St Blazey having a couple away and Camelford missing 5 through commitments and injuries and two starting players carrying injuries.  First 20 minutes saw a lively start from St Blazey who were playing a clear plan of long balls out wide and using the pace of their front two. Camelford took a lead through a Bobby corner, which looked slightly ‘shanked’, and from where I was it  looked like the St Blazey keeper threw the ball into his own net!?!?

St Blazey got a goal back through a free kick from their right - Luke will feel he could of dealt with it differently - but one mistake a game is acceptable.  First half saw some ‘lively’ challenges but ended 1-1, two soft goals and St Blazey probably just edged it. 

Second half, whatever was said at half time had a dramatic effect - Camelford totally dominated the game - not just better but won every first and second ball, worked harder and showed more desire - that’s not me as a Camels supporter but the St Blazey manager and spectators agreed.  Camels scored through a Cian electric break and great finish, followed by a Bobby chip, hitting the crossbar and headed in by Boxy. The St Blazey midfield ‘disappeared’ in the second half and Ed, Boxy and Charlie were outstanding - it could have been 5 or 6 in the second half alone. 

St Blazey were clearly upset at the end by how bad they had been made to look in the second half - but unlike Leeds, I think they have a decent  team, just outplayed for 45 minutes. 

All three officials had good games - George in the middle remained calm - the young assistant ref (very young) was solid and not afraid to flag for foul play - which was nice to see.  

St Blazey will do fine - and I’m sure when they ‘click’ will win more than they lose. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Took a trip to Wadebridge this afternoon to watch them play my title favourites Helston and i still think they will win the league ,before the match started Ollie and Neil made a fuss of Smokie and he loved that ,i said to Goldy another hatrick today and he said i hope so and he goes ahead and gets it just as well give him the golden boot now and hes doing this without his sidekick strike partner Liam Eddy ,he had Alfie Flack along side him today and he had a realy good game .Helston where dominating the game and it was a surprise when Wadebridge went 1-0 up after a balls up in the Helston defence and Helston goalie Robinson sliced the ball to a Wadebridge player who knocked the ball into a unguarded goal it wasnt long before Helston equalised after great wing play from Kai Cornish presented it on a plate for Alfie Flack to knock in  ,it wasnt long before Helston went 3-1 up a rocket of a shot from Kai Cornish that came off the back of a Wadebridge player .Wadebridge got a dodgy pen ,but then it was the Mark GOLDSWORTHY show when he got his 2nd hat trick in a week last week it was vs Godolphin ,Matt Lloyd got another goal back for Wadebridge i never saw that goali was on the way home soaked through to th skin with a wet Smokie dog .Well done Helston great display and this week i am going to give mom to Goldy for his 3 goals .Youngsters Cam Wheat and  Alfie Flack both played brilliantly nice seeing youngsters being brought through unlike some teams bringing back old timers who have seen there days .Hope Helstons Hugh Howlett is ok after his injury forced him off . Will be watching Helston again no doubt in the future i like to be entertained and they do that .

Kind words there Helston, thank you. 

We feel happy with the win on a day where the weather wasn’t kind to anyone. Tricky conditions on a pitch that was in great condition before the rain and 90 minutes gave it a battering. 

Goldy again showing his class in front of goal and the hard work he puts in off the ball sometimes goes unnoticed. Cam Wheat has a great game out of position at left back. The midfield 3 of Bye, Slateford and Brokenshire putting in a great shift to keep us going forward at every opportunity. 

Hugh will hopefully be back to full fitness shortly, looking like a dead leg and a lot of bruising. 

On to the next game 💙

1 hour ago, Easyyyy said:

For a goalkeeper to score on what’s probably one of the biggest pitches in the country takes some doing! I bet he’s gutted! 

Interestingly, Port's pitch is certainly one of the widest but on joining the Peninsula League, they had to move the clubhouse goal because the pitch was too short!

13 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Leeds - if you were at the game, it’s a shame you didn’t mention how good Camelford were in the second half. . 

St Blazey 1-3 Camelford. 

Firstly, ground looked great and despite the horrendous conditions - the rain starting bang on kick off, and even covered from head to toe with ‘Gortex’ I got soaked - Even if the other 70 odd spectators sheltered in the stand(s).

Both teams were affected with missing players today, St Blazey having a couple away and Camelford missing 5 through commitments and injuries and two starting players carrying injuries.  First 20 minutes saw a lively start from St Blazey who were playing a clear plan of long balls out wide and using the pace of their front two. Camelford took a lead through a Bobby corner, which looked slightly ‘shanked’, and from where I was it  looked like the St Blazey keeper threw the ball into his own net!?!?

St Blazey got a goal back through a free kick from their right - Luke will feel he could of dealt with it differently - but one mistake a game is acceptable.  First half saw some ‘lively’ challenges but ended 1-1, two soft goals and St Blazey probably just edged it. 

Second half, whatever was said at half time had a dramatic effect - Camelford totally dominated the game - not just better but won every first and second ball, worked harder and showed more desire - that’s not me as a Camels supporter but the St Blazey manager and spectators agreed.  Camels scored through a Cian electric break and great finish, followed by a Bobby chip, hitting the crossbar and headed in by Boxy. The St Blazey midfield ‘disappeared’ in the second half and Ed, Boxy and Charlie were outstanding - it could have been 5 or 6 in the second half alone. 

St Blazey were clearly upset at the end by how bad they had been made to look in the second half - but unlike Leeds, I think they have a decent  team, just outplayed for 45 minutes. 

All three officials had good games - George in the middle remained calm - the young assistant ref (very young) was solid and not afraid to flag for foul play - which was nice to see.  

St Blazey will do fine - and I’m sure when they ‘click’ will win more than they lose. 

Agreed Camelford were fantastic second half, worked tirelessly for each other on & off the ball. A real comradeship amongst them, something which money can't buy & St.blazey found this out yesterday. Big Blobby Hopkinson dictating the play, as the gentleman whispered beside me ' the Blazey boys are frightened of him ' & 'no urgency, passion & bite from any of them' another comment, but well done to Reg & Camelford, probably will not have an easier game all season. Bossed it, & always in control. 

Blazey lack leaders, Thackeray the new boy at the back seems to of played everywhere ( & doesn't get any better ) had a nightmare shift on his debut. 

Agree with Hetty. This is very disrespectful calling Bobby Hopkinson ‘Blobby’. The FA are trying to promote equality and fairness for all and then people write things like this. This is why football has such a bad name because of people writing things like this. We are trying to educate children to play football in a carefree environment where everyone is accepted, this post is completely abusive and doesn’t set a good standard to fans, children and people within the footballing community. Well done to both teams who played exceptionally in poor weather conditions. 

Totally disrespectful  but no more than you would expect from certain people on here. They can say what they like about Bobby  he is one of the most influential players in the cornish game,what he lacks in fitness he makes up for with a superb footballing brain and great vision. He has scored three goals from the halfway line this season and a few 30 yarders. He's a nice chap off the field also.

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Bobby Hopkinson and also Glynn Hobbs are 2 of the most talented players around they may not have the physique of some players but there  football brains are brilliant i have seen both play severel times and they are usually the best players on the pitch

Very true both cracking players. But Glynn Hobbs  would be first to say he no where near the fitness levels he like to be able to dominate a game like old. He only getting the odd 20 mins at Bodmin. At saltash he looked miles off it when he came on  shame to see 

18 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Very true both cracking players. But Glynn Hobbs  would be first to say he no where near the fitness levels he like to be able to dominate a game like old. He only getting the odd 20 mins at Bodmin. At saltash he looked miles off it when he came on  shame to see 

Both superb footballers, Bobby though can boast a CV that includes League Two and Southern League football, Glynn has played no higher than SW and Peninsula League. Big fan of Hobbs, but that is always how he is going to be measured.

19 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Bobby Hopkinson and also Glynn Hobbs are 2 of the most talented players around they may not have the physique of some players but there  football brains are brilliant i have seen both play severel times and they are usually the best players on the pitch

Hobbs was 1 of the most talented players around but no more, he just wobbles around getting frustrated.