KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Callington Town              5-1         Wendron United

Helston Athletic               6-1         Launceston

Mousehole                       3-1         Saltash United

Newquay                          0-3         AFC St Austell

St Blazey                           9-1         Godolphin Atlantic Newq

St Dennis                          2-3         Porthleven

Sticker                               0-5        Falmouth Town

After seeing Bodmin notch another win last night, will be heading down to watch St.Blazey take on Godolphin this afternoon. Expecting a lot of goals, poor Godolphin are in transition, really struggling. Be a long afternoon for them today I feel. With Stickers resurgence, I can see G finishing bottom. But good luck to them, good people out there. 

Hope the G can get a result at St Blazey this afternoon but they are on a poor run and St Blazey have made some good new signings and are on a good run ,im thinking of going St Blazey next Satday to see them vs Bodmin .Im off to watch Newquay vs St Austell this afternoon i think Newquay will draw or even win they got the players there capable of getting a  result and in Jack Bray Evans he has got to be 1 of the best players in the league .Its nice to hear you mention the good people at the G Leeds its a lovely club run by fantastic people and the multi talented Tanya who does everything for the club .

Didnt know the G had 22 senior players Leeds , hope the youngsters play well they do give them a chance at the G .If Tanya has bought her boots i expect she would get a game as well .I hope if they G do loose by a cricket score they dont come back with the same old excuse we had so many players out today

Back from watching Newquay vs St Austell ,1st half was very poor both teams never got going Newquay badly missing Jack Bray Evans ,2nd half St Austell dominated but there 1st goal was a pen converted by Hayden Turner a awful decision by the ref and linesman the foul was clearly outside the box just a bad decision then  Jordan Dingle ,scored a fine goal 2-0 to St Austell and not long after a 2nd pen a definite 1 this time and Hayden Turner scored his 2nd vs hi old club given Newquay goalie no chance .Dan Perryman was given the Newquay centre half a hard time and was beating him for pace all afternoon and was having a great game he could go on to a higher league . I like to to praise St Austell manager for rebuilding the team after his 4 top players Goldy, Eddy ,Slateford, and Brockenshire, left and the new manager Lee Hodges, left before  the season started and they called on Chris knight to take over well hes doing a hell of a good job there he seems a nice bloke as well i was behind his dug out taking photos as usual .It was nice seeing Smokies mate Jason Chapman hes a nice bloke and good to see Martin Giles, back in St Austell colours . I was going to give the MOM to Cam Turner before he was subbed but im given it to Martin Giles a real top performance a real leader on the pitch ,my Mom for Newquay im going to give it to Ash Bradshaw he really battles for the ball .Newquay badly missed Bray Evans witout him they just dont seem to be the same team .I thought the ref was poor today and so was his linesman for the awful 1st pen decision he didnt even look at the VAR he could of asked me and Smokie foul 2 yards outside the box . Well done St Austell and manager Chris KNIGHT you got a great team there and in Dan Perryman you got the signing of the season hes going to score you a lot of goals . What the bloody hell happened to Godolphin losing 9-1 vs St Blazey i really feel for Tanya and the good people there . I will be going to St Blazey for next 2 weeks next week vs Bodmin then week after vs Helston sure i will be entertained there . Thats about all for now folks

Mousehole 3 - 1 Saltash

Firstly id like to say what a great advert for Cornish football the two best sides in the division going head to head and it didn’t disappoint. 

Mousehole started the brighter with slick passing and lots of possession but never really created much. Saltash were organised and disciplined and got their game plan spot on when midway through the half a ball over the top caught Mousehole out and was a very well taken goal to give them the lead. Both teams had half chances for the remainder of the half. 

Ht 0-1 Saltash

What ever was said or in the Mousehole have time drinks worked. After the break there was only one team in the game. Mousehole were gifted an equaliser when the visitors keeper dropped the ball at the strikers feet from a corner. The home side soon made it 2-1 when Gerrans James showed desire from a corner to head home. Mousehole had chances to extend the lead as Saltash legs were letting them down but couldn’t capitalise on it, Saltash front two still looked dangerous and Mousehole needed to put the game to bed. They did with a 5 mins remaining when Les Cela capped off a superb display with a goal. 

Mousehole the better side and came away with the spoils. Much to the disappointment of the travelling faithful who traveled in good numbers. 

Well done Mousehole    

19 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Mousehole 3 - 1 Saltash

Firstly id like to say what a great advert for Cornish football the two best sides in the division going head to head and it didn’t disappoint. 

Mousehole started the brighter with slick passing and lots of possession but never really created much. Saltash were organised and disciplined and got their game plan spot on when midway through the half a ball over the top caught Mousehole out and was a very well taken goal to give them the lead. Both teams had half chances for the remainder of the half. 

Ht 0-1 Saltash

What ever was said or in the Mousehole have time drinks worked. After the break there was only one team in the game. Mousehole were gifted an equaliser when the visitors keeper dropped the ball at the strikers feet from a corner. The home side soon made it 2-1 when Gerrans James showed desire from a corner to head home. Mousehole had chances to extend the lead as Saltash legs were letting them down but couldn’t capitalise on it, Saltash front two still looked dangerous and Mousehole needed to put the game to bed. They did with a 5 mins remaining when Les Cela capped off a superb display with a goal. 

Mousehole the better side and came away with the spoils. Much to the disappointment of the travelling faithful who traveled in good numbers. 

Well done 

Mousehole still unbeaten, and have certainly made a case to be considered as genuine title contenders, look out for Bodmin though. Certainly not a vintage Darren Gilbert era side, but they keep winning.

57 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yeah corrected now. Original text to me stated 5-0 Sticker!

Listening to Radio Cornwall at Burngullow to the scorelines .They were amusing to the spectators  all afternoon and even the final result service at 5-30pm had Sticker in front and won 5-0.

Goalscorers for Falmouth-Luke Brabyn 9m-Ollie Moody 36m(His first for the club in 89 games)-37m Luke Barner-47m.Matt Buchan-85m Toby Clark debut goal.

32 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Mousehole still unbeaten, and have certainly made a case to be considered as genuine title contenders, look out for Bodmin though. Certainly not a vintage Darren Gilbert era side, but they keep winning.

This result has brought the pack closer together. Wednesday another massive game for Mousehole. 

I agree with you about Bodmin, always seem to find a way to win. 

Ash Bradshaw was the Chunky Left back thought he had a good game but the centre Back Justin Miles was very poor he couldnt cope with Dan Perrymans pace all afternoon should of come over and said hello Leeds i dont bite neither does Smokie i can always be found taking photos behind the away dugout

28 minutes ago, mattelot said:

You probably made big als evening one minute Dave ,then ruined it the next .😁

You always have a comment, must be bored.

1 hour ago, Jeff's Telling said:

Good to see that Town won 5-1 at home today, well done guys

Three home games unbeaten, ten goals, just one against and seven points

I thought it was away!

Thought the ref in the Newquay vs St Austell game was absolutely dreadful which was surprising as he’s normally one of the better officials. He blew for every tackle and gave out far too many cards with both teams having frustrations against him, he awarded a pen that was apparently yards outside the box. Almost ruined what I thought was a good competitive game for 70 mins 

28 minutes ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Thought the ref in the Newquay vs St Austell game was absolutely dreadful which was surprising as he’s normally one of the better officials. He blew for every tackle and gave out far too many cards with both teams having frustrations against him, he awarded a pen that was apparently yards outside the box. Almost ruined what I thought was a good competitive game for 70 mins 

It was definitely a penalty, I was in the grandstand & could see clearly, I think it was the linesman who gave it. 

Comfortable win for Falmouth over at Sticker.

Lovely nice kept ground but the home side are in need of half a dozen SWPL standard footballers . Wish them well but I reckon the winter may be difficult to say the least.

Falmouth appear to have cleared up the gearbox issues which caused the early season stutters. Clearly the far better side today with some sublime stuff going forwards.

The latest F Troop trick is playing recorded crowd favourites back through a loud hailer, nice touch but the novelty doesn't last long. Falmouth have still got a strong away following for the SWPL, at least 14 members of the Falmouth Crew were in the away end today.

An intriguing period is upon us, Falmouth are looking better, Helston grow stronger, Saltash got beat for a change, Mousehole look formidable and Bodmin keep grinding out the results, let's not forget St Austell either, a dangerous side on their day who continue to lurk in the background, all good stuff for the neutral, lets hope the pot keeps bubbling.

As the F Troop appear so popular on here I've tried to attach a quick snap of their admirable contingent on the Sticker North Bank this afternoon:

:  

DSC_0021.JPG

37 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

It was definitely a penalty, I was in the grandstand & could see clearly, I think it was the linesman who gave it. 

Fair enough Leeds just from what i heard apparently it was either outside the box or the defender got a toe on the ball but the 2nd was definitely a blatant pen. What was your honest opinion of the referees performance? 

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Sorry but Bodmin are a very average side

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Listening to Radio Cornwall at Burngullow to the scorelines .They were amusing to the spectators  all afternoon and even the final result service at 5-30pm had Sticker in front and won 5-0.

Goalscorers for Falmouth-Luke Brabyn 9m-Ollie Moody 36m(His first for the club in 89 games)-37m Luke Barner-47m.Matt Buchan-85m Toby Clark debut goal.

I guess some neutral was tweeting the scorelines thinking the Sticker team in yellow were  Falmouth.

Even the SWPL were putting Sticker forward as team of the week.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Even the SWPL were putting Sticker forward as team of the week

No doubt Phil did that based on the results I emailed post-match. The email goes to him as the league secretary, plus press and various media outlets such as BBC Radio Cornwall. My email is where they would have got the result from which was because unfortunately I was initially text the result the wrong way around!

5 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Comfortable win for Falmouth over at Sticker.

Lovely nice kept ground but the home side are in need of half a dozen SWPL standard footballers . Wish them well but I reckon the winter may be difficult to say the least.

Falmouth appear to have cleared up the gearbox issues which caused the early season stutters. Clearly the far better side today with some sublime stuff going forwards.

The latest F Troop trick is playing recorded crowd favourites back through a loud hailer, nice touch but the novelty doesn't last long. Falmouth have still got a strong away following for the SWPL, at least 14 members of the Falmouth Crew were in the away end today.

An intriguing period is upon us, Falmouth are looking better, Helston grow stronger, Saltash got beat for a change, Mousehole look formidable and Bodmin keep grinding out the results, let's not forget St Austell either, a dangerous side on their day who continue to lurk in the background, all good stuff for the neutral, lets hope the pot keeps bubbling.

As the F Troop appear so popular on here I've tried to attach a quick snap of their admirable contingent on the Sticker North Bank this afternoon:

:  

DSC_0021.JPG loo

This pic was taken 2nd half when half the troop stood on the top touchline.  Not a great turnout by the F-TROOP admitted but Sticker away not the most attractive fixture plus loads preparing for next Saturdays FA Vase game v Helston.  If anyone wants to check up on the F-TROOP just come along to that fixture.  See you there Uwdi.  

Third visit to Callington this season.

Looks & seems to be lottery in regards to which Callington Town turn up as they were very efficient on the day and 5-1 could quite have easily been 8 or 9.

Second time watching Wendron and was disappointed as when I watched them against Newquay a month ago, they were impressive.

Callington controlled the game from start to finish and as said above, 5 could quite have easily been 8/9. The tall quick lad up front who bagged a hat-rick looks a tidy player and could be a good addition as have never seen him play before.

Interesting to see the former Ivybridge Manager and also last years Callington Manager in the dugout for this game, they look like being the new partnership and if they are, couldn't have asked for a better start.

Will be watching Wendron again on Tuesday as they take on Wadebridge and would expect a better performance than this from them.

5 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

This pic was taken 2nd half when half the troop stood on the top touchline.  Not a great turnout by the F-TROOP admitted but Sticker away not the most attractive fixture plus loads preparing for next Saturdays FA Vase game v Helston.  If anyone wants to check up on the F-TROOP just come along to that fixture.  See you there Uwdi.  

No it wasn't! It was taken first half. It's my camera and it remained in the boot of the car for the whole second half.

As for F Troopers massed elsewhere I certainly didn't see them. Or perhaps they were undercover as the 3 blokes in flat caps with the thermos flasks.

There was no hidden agenda with my original post and photograph, I applaud the tremendous support the F Troop bring to non league in Cornwall. I just get a little puzzled sometimes when the propaganda attempts to over inflate the numbers and percentage of that support. I'd hate to think supporters were getting a little carried away with their own publicity?

I was trying to give the F Troop respect for turning out on a miserable afternoon in a rural location, didn't expect a blunt response that the snap was inaccurate with negative double meaning?

My apology if my original post/photo upset people.

5 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Did they arrive on a Skateboard .. 🤣🤣

The best ref i have seen was the lady 1 she was brilliant the ref at Newquay was awful too fussy and didnt let the game flow ,and it wasnt a pen in a million years even the St Austell upporters said it wasnt i think i had a better view from the touchline than from the grandstand glad that didnt decide the outcome of the game St Austell controlled the game .

1 hour ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

No it wasn't! It was taken first half. It's my camera and it remained in the boot of the car for the whole second half.

As for F Troopers massed elsewhere I certainly didn't see them. Or perhaps they were undercover as the 3 blokes in flat caps with the thermos flasks.

There was no hidden agenda with my original post and photograph, I applaud the tremendous support the F Troop bring to non league in Cornwall. I just get a little puzzled sometimes when the propaganda attempts to over inflate the numbers and percentage of that support. I'd hate to think supporters were getting a little carried away with their own publicity?

I was trying to give the F Troop respect for turning out on a miserable afternoon in a rural location, didn't expect a blunt response that the snap was inaccurate with negative double meaning?

My apology if my original post/photo upset people.

Uwdi, No offence intended. And yes it was a poor turn out. Not denying that. Some away games will be like that however some games will be buzzing. That's life my friend. Have a good day. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:44, leedsunited said:

G missing 22 senior players for today's trip to St.Blazey I just been told in the bar! Got a couple lads here that are 17 years old ... This could be a cricket score today 100% Cornish

22 players? I think Mr Stidwell is telling fibs.  Absolutely no chance that Godolphin were missing players, players that would usually be part of the match day squad.  It seems like Stidwell is making excuses.  He seems very out of his depth.  I  was told a while ago he was offering silly money to keep the likes of Dan Perryman, Harry Eaton, Elliot Rendle and Joe Stone there in a last resort attempt to bail him out!  I really hope they get it right down there soon because Tania is a hero down there and deserves better.  I hate to say it but I wonder if the current manager is the man to lead the change.

You got to feel sorry for Sid ,hes had to rebuild the whole G team after nearly all the 1st teams players left for pastures new at Newquay , He does have a lot to say from the touchline and been warned by yhe officials .He said there was no way Dan Perryman ,was going to leave the G and what happens he leaves fo St Austell ,they also let goalie Ethan Fern, go and in my opinion he is a lot better goalie to who they got in goal now Ryan Holland . I dont know how long Sid will be manager at the club but he said they got 22 players out i cant see how he can say that i dont think they even got 22 players . I know supporters who will no longer watch the G while he is in charge i will still follow them but this year im picking my games and going to games where i can get entertained and this weekend im off to St Blazey to watch them play Bodmin .Hope the G can get out of this slump im sure they will or they will have Tanya having a word with them .Come on G Sort things out .As long as they can hold onto Joe Stone, they should be ok im surprised hes still there because i thought he was moving away

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

You got to feel sorry for Sid ,hes had to rebuild the whole G team after nearly all the 1st teams players left for pastures new at Newquay , He does have a lot to say from the touchline and been warned by yhe officials .He said there was no way Dan Perryman ,was going to leave the G and what happens he leaves fo St Austell ,they also let goalie Ethan Fern, go and in my opinion he is a lot better goalie to who they got in goal now Ryan Holland . I dont know how long Sid will be manager at the club but he said they got 22 players out i cant see how he can say that i dont think they even got 22 players . I know supporters who will no longer watch the G while he is in charge i will still follow them but this year im picking my games and going to games where i can get entertained and this weekend im off to St Blazey to watch them play Bodmin .Hope the G can get out of this slump im sure they will or they will have Tanya having a word with them .Come on G Sort things out .As long as they can hold onto Joe Stone, they should be ok im surprised hes still there because i thought he was moving away

I've seen or heard him say that he removed the majority of last season squad himself to start a rebuild. I'm sorry but for Lowery to leave Godolphin and play for Arch Rivals Newquay something must be seriously wrong behind the scenes at The G!