Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth (9th)--Camelford (7th) at Bickland tonight

With good weather predicted tonight a competitive game is anticipated

Falmouth on a 8 match unbeaten run are 2 places below visiting Camelford (7th).will be on high after progressing into the 2nd. Round of the Vase.

The "Camels" voted SWPL team of the week following their 5 goals in the last 15minutes at Bodmin and a close 1-2 defeat by W.L(Prem)., Buckland in the Vase

8 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

With good weather predicted tonight a competitive game is anticipated

Falmouth on a 8 match unbeaten run are 2 places below visiting Camelford (7th).will be on high after progressing into the 2nd. Round of the Vase.

The "Camels" voted SWPL team of the week following their 5 goals in the last 15minutes at Bodmin and a close 1-2 defeat by W.L(Prem)., Buckland in the Vase

Falmouth 5 Camelford 0

Game delayed by 55mins due to a serious injury to Bobby Hopkinson .

Just now, sportsman10 said:

Some saying the game should been abandoned?? Wasn’t there but if it’s a bad injury as they say ’ it can have an affect on his team mates. 

Absolutely but I'm sure the officials of both sides and the men in black took everything and everyone into account and made the best decision and played on but yeah maybe an abandonment for everyone's well been was the best option who knows... 

I couldn’t make the game and knowing the Camels were missing 3 of their more influential players I knew, as always a mid week fixture against an inform Falmouth was going to be a tough ask. Bobby being badly injured after 8 minutes put a completely different perspective on the game though and to be honest the final score became an irrelevance, for me. . 
I am sure the officials did what was best and good luck to Falmouth, a very good team. 
Just hope Bobby makes a speedy recovery and best wishes from me. 

4 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Just want to offer our best to Bobby Hopkinson. Get well soon and hope to see you back on the football pitch in the not too distant future. The result was secondary tonight. All the best Bobby from the F-Troop x.

Been told - broken Tibia, dislocated ankle and extensive ligament damage / 2 hours surgery this morning - get well soon mate 🐪