Cornwall Football Forum

870 REASONS TO BE IN THE F-TROOP

The fine is completely reasonable if somewhat on the low side. Flairs are a proven risk to life and/or life changing injuries. As well as a substantial fine for the club, the perpetrators should be charged with endangerment and face a criminal court.
While I have been impressed with Falmouth's Phoenix like rise from the flames and the majority of the F troop, their inability to keep a minority of troublemakers under control (or out of the club via banning orders) has led to the current fine and will lead to more if they don’t get a grip.

1 hour ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

I'd say its worth every penny. Falmouth won the senior cup that day, with the flares, support and atmosphere being the 12th man. Im sure with the club being fined, it wont happen again.

I for one, would take an £870 fine for some silverware at my club. Some clubs pay that sort of money to 1/2 players each month 😱

Loss of points or ejection from competitions might just have some effects on some of these deep pocketed idiots! Unfortunate though it would be for the genuine fans and team.

4 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

The fine is completely reasonable if somewhat on the low side. Flairs are a proven risk to life and/or life changing injuries. As well as a substantial fine for the club, the perpetrators should be charged with endangerment and face a criminal court.
While I have been impressed with Falmouth's Phoenix like rise from the flames and the majority of the F troop, their inability to keep a minority of troublemakers under control (or out of the club via banning orders) has led to the current fine and will lead to more if they don’t get a grip.

Loss of points or ejection from competitions might just have some effects on some of these deep pocketed idiots! Unfortunate though it would be for the genuine fans and team.

What a nanny state we live in!!

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

What a nanny state we live in!!

Easy to say when you don’t have charred flesh!

1 hour ago, Harry P said:

We know who the guilty parties are , 2 people out of 500 (number of Facebook members) have tainted things a tad but we will have a whip round to cover the fine and move on !

And what are you going to do about this pair of criminals? Are you going to report them, ban them or just cry a bit? I have already stated above that the team and majority of supporters are blameless and tarred by the behaviour of the two (or however many), but your comments seem to imply that there  might be a wider problem within the club.

14 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Most of the F-troop I saw on the weekend are that bloody old they were  still wearing flare's 🤣

Ha ha. If it had been anyone else but you leeds I’d have given it a “like”, of one sort or another, however we do have to maintain some standards on the forum, so I’ll stick with a cringe!

I’d have added a picture but unfortunately I don’t speak emoji fluently‼️

7 hours ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

I'd say its worth every penny. Falmouth won the senior cup that day, with the flares, support and atmosphere being the 12th man. Im sure with the club being fined, it wont happen again.

I for one, would take an £870 fine for some silverware at my club. Some clubs pay that sort of money to 1/2 players each month 😱

Excuse me if I'm wrong ,but on the day of the senior cup the only pyrotechnics (yes that's what they are ,not fireworks ) I saw from the Falmouth fans were yellow smoke bombs ,not flares OUTSIDE the ground . Whereas 2 saltash supporters had hand held red distress flares not smoke bombs on the bank behind the Falmouth goal  INSIDE the ground in the1rst half .If this game is the cause of the fines ,then have Saltash also been fined accordingly ?

18 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Has the county only now just decided on this? And what a strange figure to come out with!

Apparently its three charges all added together - £70 for a homophobic comment by fans vs St Austell? and then £200 and £600 for flares at the Mousehole game?? Only what I have been told.

One Flare v Mousehole.  A couple of alleged homophobic chants at St Austell away and a banger at the Helston home game. Wrong but not exactly crimes of the century.  We'll learn from this and hopefully it won't happen again,  I'm pretty sure it won't. The F-Troops growing as I type,  we're here to stay and ain't going anywhere.  We bring atmosphere and colour to every ground we go and a couple of negative events ain't changing a thing. Le boss... you're jealousy shines beautifully bright. EVERYWHERE WE GO. 353823448_Bodminarmy.JPG.18ff37ecc3a121c63100815035dc4aef.JPG

11 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Easy to say when you don’t have charred flesh!

And what are you going to do about this pair of criminals? Are you going to report them, ban them or just cry a bit? I have already stated above that the team and majority of supporters are blameless and tarred by the behaviour of the two (or however many), but your comments seem to imply that there  might be a wider problem within the club.

Cry a bit ?? I😂😂😂

Wider problem within the club ? Please explain ?

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

The Falmouth ultras. Ha. Jesus it’s village football hardly rangers v Celtic. Really a load of old blokes running down local high streets waving flares about in places like saltash and callington. 😂  

what ever happened  to just enjoying a pasty and pint watching the game.  

We would double the gates at callington and saltash (did they get fined for proper flares )😂👍💛🖤

46 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Unfortunately the three 'grumpy old men' all passed away this year.

That's not good, I didn't know that otherwise I wouldn't of posted it. Do you know where Andy is? Used to fetch the balls and was always at the matches. Used to drink in the Garland. Haven't seen him for ages.

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

That's not good, I didn't know that otherwise I wouldn't of posted it. Do you know where Andy is? Used to fetch the balls and was always at the matches. Used to drink in the Garland. Haven't seen him for ages.

I saw Andy at a Plymouth Argyle Ladies game a couple of months ago so he could be up in Plymouth living.I noticed he was heading for the back of the buildings that house the offices and changing rooms at the new Manadon pitch so maybe he's helping out there.

16 hours ago, Harry P said:

We know who the guilty parties are , 2 people out of 500 (number of Facebook members) have tainted things a tad but we will have a whip round to cover the fine and move on !

4 hours ago, Harry P said:

Cry a bit ?? I😂😂😂

Wider problem within the club ? Please explain ?

We would double the gates at callington and saltash (did they get fined for proper flares )😂👍💛🖤

While you chose not to answer my question regarding what the club was going to do about the people who perpetrated these acts despite “knowing who the guilty parties are”, I am happy to explain myself. The casual way that you shrug off potentially dangerous activities with a whip round and move on, suggests that you don’t take these illegal actions (hence the fine) seriously. That, to me, suggests a worrying culture of ambivalence within the club structure.

Explanation over. Satisfied?

Not trying to make excuses for the F-Troop.  (Did the crime so pay the fine) but can anyone confirm (maybe from Saltash FC or the CCFA (David Bray?)) how much Saltash were fined for allegedly letting off flares at the league cup final in May of this year at St Blazey both at the ground and in the club-house later?  Would that not be £800 for the two offences?

Consistency is very important when dealing with matters such as these.  Especially given the size of the fines.

Bruegel stop being so grumpy!! the Falmouth crowd turned up at Helston and were well behaved were they not Le Boss? they all paid to get in and spent lots of money at the bar, surely Sportsman that is what local football is about and not a few people turning up like at Bodmin, Keep it up lads maybe cut back on the some of the pyrotechnics to keep some of the fair weather supporters happy.

4 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Not trying to make excuses for the F-Troop.  (Did the crime so pay the fine) but can anyone confirm (maybe from Saltash FC or the CCFA (David Bray?)) how much Saltash were fined for allegedly letting off flares at the league cup final in May of this year at St Blazey both at the ground and in the club-house later?  Would that not be £800 for the two offences?

Consistency is very important when dealing with matters such as these.  Especially given the size of the fines.

More I’d have thought, plus some compensation for the damage to the flooring in the club. The CCFA really do need to clamp down, or they’ll all be at it, and the governing body would bear some (at least moral) responsibly if/when anyone was to be seriously injured as a result of these lunatic actions.

5 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Bruegel stop being so grumpy!! the Falmouth crowd turned up at Helston and were well behaved were they not Le Boss? they all paid to get in and spent lots of money at the bar, surely Sportsman that is what local football is about and not a few people turning up like at Bodmin, Keep it up lads maybe cut back on the some of the pyrotechnics to keep some of the fair weather supporters happy.

I think that I’ve already made my admiration for the team and majority of the supporters in my first few posts above. Please try to read the whole thread before posting inaccurate criticism! Just concerned, not grumpy (at least, not any more than usual!).

26 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

More I’d have thought, plus some compensation for the damage to the flooring in the club. The CCFA really do need to clamp down, or they’ll all be at it, and the governing body would bear some (at least moral) responsibly if/when anyone was to be seriously injured as a result of these lunatic actions.

I think that I’ve already made my admiration for the team and majority of the supporters in my first few posts above. Please try to read the whole thread before posting inaccurate criticism! Just concerned, not grumpy (at least, not any more than usual!).

And what will Cornwall fa do with the fine money, perhaps buy some new black blazers for their brigade !

6 hours ago, Smiler said:

They were extremely well behaved at Helston for the time I was there , as they were at the cricket club beforehand. There was one strange man in cut off denim shorts acting like a crazed lunatic but I guess there is always one 😕

2 hours ago, Leroy said:

Packet article helps to answers some of the questions raised earlier in this thread.

Seems like 'The Ashes' had the sense to heed initial warning, whilst 'F-Troop' chose to ignore. 

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/17988320.falmouth-town-fined-800-cornwall-fa-pyrotechnics-use/

Apologies to the CCFA, I hadn’t worked out the chronology of the incidents, maybe they are getting a grip. Thanks to the Packet (and Leroy) for clarifying that for me.

Statement – Falmouth Town 

Towards the end of the 2018/19 season Cornwall FA were made aware of incidents at both The Cornwall FA Senior Cup Final at Bodmin Town and The Walter C Parsons League Cup Final at St Blazey. The incidents were in relation to the use of Pyrotechnics. The reports from The Senior Cup Final related to supporters of Falmouth Town and the reports from the League Cup Final were in relation to supporters of Saltash United.

Having spoken with both clubs and to maintain consistency in our approach Cornwall FA did not issue charges against either club, however both clubs were written to and warned that should any more reports be received of pyrotechnics being used at games then charges would be issued against the offending club. Both clubs were also issued reminders that the use of Pyrotechnics is illegal and could result in criminal proceedings against any individuals found to have set off Pyrotechnics. Additionally all member clubs of Cornwall FA were written to and advised that the use of Pyrotechnics was forbidden at football matches, the statement issued was also circulated by The Kitchen Kit Southwest Peninsula League.

Since the start of the season we have received reports of Pyrotechnics being used at two matches by supporters of Falmouth Town, firstly at a match against Mousehole AFC and secondly at a match against Helston Athletic FC. These incidents were investigated and the match officials for both games submitted statements. Subsequently Falmouth Town were charged for two separate breaches of FA Rule E20 (failure to Control the behaviour of Spectators)

These cases were recently heard by Cornwall FA, in the first instance Falmouth Town were issued with a fine of £200, for the 2nd instance Falmouth Town were issued with a fine of £600. In the second case £300 of the fine was suspended for a period of 24 months. Should Falmouth Town be found guilty of a similar offence within a 24 month period then the £300 will be reinstated and added to any additional sanction.

We would like to remind all clubs that the use of Pyrotechnics at Football Grounds is strictly prohibited, and should we receive reports then the matter will be investigated and charges will be issued and dealt with accordingly.

Richard Pallot

Governance Manager                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Cornwall Football Association Limited        

14 hours ago, le boss said:

They were extremely well behaved at Helston for the time I was there , as they were at the cricket club beforehand. There was one strange man in cut off denim shorts acting like a crazed lunatic but I guess there is always one 😕

Yes I saw that guy also le boss. Quite a handsome chap if I remember. ;)