Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP DRAW

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just so that everyone is clear : the draw for the Senior Cup 4th round is due to be made next Wednesday, the 27th November at approx. 12 noon and will be also shown on the County FA's Facebook page.

Making the draw will be St Day's Rob Hosking and some retrograde called Dave Deacon! :)

Why does it take so long to make the draw?

This could easily be done after the last round or on the Monday following as is the vase.

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Why does it take so long to make the draw?

This could easily be done after the last round or on the Monday following as is the vase.

I imagine the draw won't take 'so long' with just 16 teams, 8 to 10 minutes max 😂

The draw is being done 'after the last round' with 3rd round fixtures only being completed last Saturday

Why wouldn't FA wait until all teamsheets have been submitted to ensure eligibility of all players and any subsequent appeals. Leaving a couple of weeks seems sensible doesn't it ? 

Twenty one replies to this topic so far and the draw hasn't even been made yet, just goes to show how many people are interested in the Senior Cup. Whose the favourite to win it this season, I think Falmouth Town are in with a good chance, they seem to be the inform cup team at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Twenty one replies to this topic so far and the draw hasn't even been made yet, just goes to show how many people are interested in the Senior Cup. Whose the favourite to win it this season, I think Falmouth Town are in with a good chance, they seem to be the inform cup team at the moment.

No, Saltash will easily win this one.

6 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Nice one mark ! Poor old Al probably has several of these expressions when on the tinternet following the packet match day  updates of towns games . 😁🤣🤣

Do you begrudge me from following the updates then? I have supported them many more years than you have by far!

2 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

No Al, you follow them. If you supported them you’d go and watch them ! 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

The cost prohibits this, £6 goes a long way to buying necessary food. You may have a lucrative income but some of us do not.The closest I will get to watch them is they have an open day with free entry! I suppose I have stood on the terraces for over thirty years and all good things must come to an end!

If there was an open day with a chauffeur driven Bentley to pick you up and take you there you’d still find an excuse. 
If it’s £6 to get in then there would be concessions for the older generation and kids. With F-Troop numbers increasing all the time the match day atmosphere is fantastic. 
I’ve already asked you this question and you failed to answer it so I’ll try again, how much would you pay to go in and watch? 
You never know how much you might enjoy it and you could be a “supporter “ again. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

If there was an open day with a chauffeur driven Bentley to pick you up and take you there you’d still find an excuse. 
If it’s £6 to get in then there would be concessions for the older generation and kids. With F-Troop numbers increasing all the time the match day atmosphere is fantastic. 
I’ve already asked you this question and you failed to answer it so I’ll try again, how much would you pay to go in and watch? 
You never know how much you might enjoy it and you could be a “supporter “ again. 

What is that going to solve?

9 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

There you go, avoiding the question again. You know Sarah Newton isn’t standing for re-election this time round? You’d make a decent politician and then you could claim entry on your expenses! 

Ah! Just like the ccfaofficials, what a splendid idea and I would be wealthy as a result of the expenses.

1 hour ago, Tommy Matthews said:

A supporter would have congratulated the team on their 2 fantastic cup wins .we've  still to hear from you on that front .👍

24 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Ah! Just like the ccfaofficials, what a splendid idea and I would be wealthy as a result of the expenses.

What's CCFA ?