Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth town V wadebridge

After reading all the write ups from last weeks amazing senior cup clash I was excited all week to watch a master piece. The atmosphere was rather flat and after beating helston 3_2 to getting beat 4_3 from 2_2 aswel. I can't believe I paid to watch it. Although the football was decent it wasn't what I was expecting.

I listened on Radio Cornwall and followed the Falmouth Packet blog and every thing points to a deseved win for the Bridgers, even missing a penalty.  The commentator was full of praise for the groundsmen for getting the game on and he thought it was good entertainment.  Att 250 est.

Both managers spoke sensibly and constructively and I was quite impressed with Paul Rowe's reflection of the game and can be well pleased with their  performance

Scoring  38m (0-1) Lewis Prince---39m (1-1) Luke Brabyn  h/t  49m.(2-1) Jack Bowyer---62m. (2-2) Andy Butler---72m. (3-2) Luke Brabyn Pen-- 75m. (3-3) Matt Lloyd---77m.(3-4) Callum Bertrand

26 minutes ago, Mr.green said:

After reading all the write ups from last weeks amazing senior cup clash I was excited all week to watch a master piece. The atmosphere was rather flat and after beating helston 3_2 to getting beat 4_3 from 2_2 aswel. I can't believe I paid to watch it. Although the football was decent it wasn't what I 

Sounds like a few Truro City games .😁👍

Believe that the attendance was 254. Not bad on a miserable November Saturday afternoon. Didn't see anyone from Wadebridge,  bit even in defeat,  the F Troop were in fine voice.  After working all week,  this is a great way to unwind. Good sing song and meeting up with friends.  Life doesn't get much better. UTT.

Oh please dont get me wrong. The Ftroop were amazing. As you said the game was in full flow but maybe expectations were too high. A penalty miss. Darn it must have been when I went to the loo. It was nice to see a respectable game from two teams playing  football. I guess reading last week I wanted more action and drama. Who was the referee not seen him before but had a cracking game.

15 minutes ago, Mr.green said:

Oh please dont get me wrong. The Ftroop were amazing. As you said the game was in full flow but maybe expectations were too high. A penalty miss. Darn it must have been when I went to the loo. It was nice to see a respectable game from two teams playing  football. I guess reading last week I wanted more action and drama. Who was the referee not seen him before but had a cracking game.

Referee was Neil Hunnislett and yes he did have a very good game .

Popped down to Eve park to watch this one, no rabbits out of the hat with this game for Falmouth,  rather Wadebridge pulling a deserved fast one.

The real winner was the pitch, cut up rapidly forcing dozens of miss hit passes all afternoon, plenty of iffy tackles and slipping players to go with it as well, lucky there were no serious injuries I thought! 

The game was a lottery with Wadebridge drawing the bonus ball and winning with a better display in awful conditions. 

Should it have been forced on...make your own mind up on that one.

F troop quiet I thought, no dramatic endings for them in this one.

Well done Wadebridge for adapting slightly better on the day and riding the wave of euphoria that is normally Falmouth's prerogative. 

27 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Popped down to Eve park to watch this one, no rabbits out of the hat with this game for Falmouth,  rather Wadebridge pulling a deserved fast one.

The real winner was the pitch, cut up rapidly forcing dozens of miss hit passes all afternoon, plenty of iffy tackles and slipping players to go with it as well, lucky there were no serious injuries I thought! 

The game was a lottery with Wadebridge drawing the bonus ball and winning with a better display in awful conditions. 

Should it have been forced on...make your own mind up on that one.

F troop quiet I thought, no dramatic endings for them in this one.

Well done Wadebridge for adapting slightly better on the day and riding the wave of euphoria that is normally Falmouth's prerogative. 

Nice chatting to you yesterday Baks, however your quote " F troop quiet I thought" mmm are you sure your hearing is ok lol ? We never stopped apart from a 10 min period late in the 2nd half. And Beardy was non stop on that drum, he volunteered to take on the drum duties when JP said he had migraine. We all went home with a migraine after the game as Beardy banged the crap out of it lol. Funny though.

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Nice chatting to you yesterday Baks, however your quote " F troop quiet I thought" mmm are you sure your hearing is ok lol ? We never stopped apart from a 10 min period late in the 2nd half. And Beardy was non stop on that drum, he volunteered to take on the drum duties when JP said he had migraine. We all went home with a migraine after the game as Beardy banged the crap out of it lol. Funny though.

Compared to my previous visits the F troop were relatively quiet despite my useless hearing...lol

Not as many as usual neither  with abysmal weather and xmas shopping with the missus being the order of the day.

1..0 to the wives and girlfriends methinks...lol

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Never been a great fan of having a drum with  the supporters Jeff, always used to do my head in but that's just a personal opinion, be interesting to know what other think.

Just as an antidote, in the many years I travelled the country supporting Truro City with the the Tisa Boys, if any of the opposition's fans had a drum we would wait till he went quiet and then start singing "Put your tambourine down sport" to the tune of Tie me kangaroo down sport. Caused many a smile and chuckle with the opposition's supporters. 

My personal favourite yesterday was "3-2, and we f****d it up"... That showed humour and to a sense, some humility. I found it funny on the line and it shows they can also sing when losing.

Personally, there were only a couple of chants that I wasn't so appreciative of... They were the ones that included a few profanities - but that's only because I wouldn't want my son/daughter coming home singing those words. Other than that, it was nice to be at a game with an atmosphere.

I thought the game was a good one considering the conditions.

Brilliant game of back and forth football with plenty of goals and a great atmosphere provided by a VERY well supported Falmouth squad.

Hats off to the groundsmen for fighting a losing battle, they deserve a medal!!

Lewis Prince had goal of the match for me, with a sweetly struck ball from about 25 yards out, that left the keeper no chance.

In fact there was little anyone could do about any of the 4 goals by Wadebridge, which many would say was pretty uncharacteristic of the Bridgers. They create many chances and usually struggle to finish, but Paul Rowe has made some slight changes to the squad recently that has seemed to work well.

Both penalties that were awarded were,in my opinion, VERY soft pens and, especially considering the pitch conditions, shouldn't have been given. There were a couple of pretty questionable calls from the assistants too but otherwise, it was a well refereed game.

Matt Loyd was "Man of the Match" for me...a nicely placed header and 2 assists to provide Andy Butler with a tap in and Callum Bertrand with a great through ball, in on goal which he finished beautifully off the inside of the far post.

A HUGE amount of praise for the Falmouth AFC players, supporters and club officials for their praise of their Wadebridge opponents. It was truly brilliant to see such a magnanimous reaction for both their team, and their opposition...what an absolutely classy bunch of people!!!

It was brilliant to see (and hear) the support from the Falmouth crowd...one of the best represented clubs in the league. 

My son Jordan is a drummer and plays in a really popular local band. From the age of nine he practiced at home until he went to university to study drumming and got a first in music with the drum kit being his instrument of choice. You eventually tune out but I’ve heard everything a drum can give! 

4 hours ago, Never2L8M8 said:

Brilliant game of back and forth football with plenty of goals and a great atmosphere provided by a VERY well supported Falmouth squad.

Hats off to the groundsmen for fighting a losing battle, they deserve a medal!!

Lewis Prince had goal of the match for me, with a sweetly struck ball from about 25 yards out, that left the keeper no chance.

In fact there was little anyone could do about any of the 4 goals by Wadebridge, which many would say was pretty uncharacteristic of the Bridgers. They create many chances and usually struggle to finish, but Paul Rowe has made some slight changes to the squad recently that has seemed to work well.

Both penalties that were awarded were,in my opinion, VERY soft pens and, especially considering the pitch conditions, shouldn't have been given. There were a couple of pretty questionable calls from the assistants too but otherwise, it was a well refereed game.

Matt Loyd was "Man of the Match" for me...a nicely placed header and 2 assists to provide Andy Butler with a tap in and Callum Bertrand with a great through ball, in on goal which he finished beautifully off the inside of the far post.

A HUGE amount of praise for the Falmouth AFC players, supporters and club officials for their praise of their Wadebridge opponents. It was truly brilliant to see such a magnanimous reaction for both their team, and their opposition...what an absolutely classy bunch of people!!!

It was brilliant to see (and hear) the support from the Falmouth crowd...one of the best represented clubs in the league. 

From what I have heard from Falmouth people who saw the match can not understand how Wadebridge are in the lower reaches of the SWPL.

32 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I’m afraid they are Jeff. 

Maybe they are, maybe they are not. We really don't care Hetty. Their side costs 5 times more than ours to put out. Very confident in our long term future, all local lads. We've just knocked them out of 2 cups. Our target in the league is top 4 so automatic entry into the FA cup. Its all about the match day crack for us. The bond between the team and the F-troop is special and that cannot be bought. Its priceless. UTT!!!

6 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Maybe they are, maybe they are not. We really don't care Hetty. Their side costs 5 times more than ours to put out. Very confident in our long term future, all local lads. We've just knocked them out of 2 cups. Our target in the league is top 4 so automatic entry into the FA cup. Its all about the match day crack for us. The bond between the team and the F-troop is special and that cannot be bought. Its priceless. UTT!!!

5 times more!

I doubt that, about the same I would think.

Circa £400/£500 a week would be my estimate. 

The boy Ward has probably bumped that up now as well.

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

5 times more!

I doubt that, about the same I would think.

Circa £400/£500 a week would be my estimate. 

The boy Ward has probably bumped that up now as well.

What team you on about Baks..Wadebridge ?? I didn't mean them in my comment.

Yes true, if you earn more you can spend more. Or the other way is the quick fix and get a millionaire to bank roll it all. Then one day he ends of leaving the club and it all goes up. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

What team you on about Baks..Wadebridge ?? I didn't mean them in my comment.

Yes true, if you earn more you can spend more. Or the other way is the quick fix and get a millionaire to bank roll it all. Then one day he ends of leaving the club and it all goes up. 

Count yourself lucky then Jeff as I believe in fact I know Mr Heany was also being targeted by Falmouth Town at the time, that's if it's him you are referring to. I assume he considered Treyew Road to be worth more than Bickland Park. 

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Count yourself lucky then Jeff as I believe in fact I know Mr Heany was also being targeted by Falmouth Town at the time, that's if it's him you are referring to. I assume he considered Treyew Road to be worth more than Bickland Park. 

Wasn't on about Heany and Truro Rayvon. Not this time anyway lol. 

First visit to Falmouth Town FC. Really impressed with the level of support from the guys and gals behind the goal. Thought it was a excellent game, a throw back to days gone by given the pitch conditions. Hats off to the groundsman, bet he had his work cut out to make good the damage. Overall think the result was just about right given the balance of play. Enjoyed the afternoon

21 hours ago, Just a fan said:

First visit to Falmouth Town FC. Really impressed with the level of support from the guys and gals behind the goal. Thought it was a excellent game, a throw back to days gone by given the pitch conditions. Hats off to the groundsman, bet he had his work cut out to make good the damage. Overall think the result was just about right given the balance of play. Enjoyed the afternoon

Hope to see you back again soon then .👍