Helston Athletic                 4-0         Camelford

Launceston                         0-1         Godolphin Atlantic

Newquay                            3-1         Liskeard Athletic

St Austell                            1-1         Mousehole

St Blazey                             3-1         Porthleven

Sticker                                3-5         Dobwalls

Wendron United                5-0         St Dennis

17 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Played at home on Wednesday, 18 hours of rain Thursday night into Friday,  game off on Saturday. 

Not to be unexpected to be truthful,  these aren't premiership 1£ million pitches.

One man and his dog working on the pitch would have little chance of repairing that in time. 

St Blazey: Played Elburton on Wednesday night, one man (without a dog) to repair the pitch and game on today against Porthleven. On a pitch below sea level.

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Presumably pitch was inspected by a referee in which case I see no problem. 

What was the ref called Darren Gilbert? 

50 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Played at home on Wednesday, 18 hours of rain Thursday night into Friday,  game off on Saturday. 

Not to be unexpected to be truthful,  these aren't premiership 1£ million pitches.

One man and his dog working on the pitch would have little chance of repairing that in time. 

18 hours of rain 😂😂

you must of dreamt that up there’s not been 18 hours of rain all week. 

Went and watched Newquay vs Liskeard this afternoon and i thought they where brilliant ,but Liskeard where very poor even there prolific goalscorer of last year James Lorenz looked out of sorts maybe his confidence has taken a knock after he didnt do well in pre season at Truro .Newquay dominated the 1st half and played so well and Phil Lowry put them 1-0 up with a good goal Liskeard just couldnt cope with there pace and the front 2 of Lowry and Perez and brilliant passing of Dilley and m fav player Jack Bray Evans he wouldnt look out of place playing for Truro hes passing id incredible , Newquay went 2-0 through Dan Carne and Jack Bray Evans put Newquay 3-0 up at half time .Liskeard came out and started to play football and Rob Cleavland pulled a goal back but that was as good s it got for them .Hard to pick out a Man of the match for Newquay they where all good but im given it to someone who doesnt get a lot of mention thats Justin Mills he was a rock at the back today ,and Mom fro Liskeard there captain no5 Peel .I wasnt happy about paying £6 to go in its been £5 all year and its a bit steep for a old timer like me whose 63 on Dec 27th so i wont be watching a lot of games at that price but i suppose all the ex Godolphin players playing for Newquay need there money but they did play very well today .Match officials did well .Another match at NEWQUAY tmmrw Newquay u18s vs Helston u18s i will be up for that if its dry Helston should win that because some of there u18s play for the 1st Like  Harrison Jewell , Lewis Tonkin and Alex Wharton and thats only 3 .One last thing well done to Godolphin for a great win away to Launceston i didnt give them a hope after last weekends shocker vs Wadebridge ,dont think they will get much out of Newquay when they play on Boxing day Newquay where really good today .

Helston 4, Camelford 0

They tried but just couldn't break through Helston's defence.

1 - 0 (5), Goldsworthy, 2 - 0 (20) Timmons, 45+1, Camelford 'keeper saved a Goldsworthy penalty, 3 - 0 (74) Tucker, 4 - 0 (87) Goldsworthy.

Much better conditions than last week for seeing how Helston have advanced their profile over the last couple of decades. All good. £2.50 concessionary entry (like I said last week, other clubs please note). Sorted out the baguette mystery from last week, too. Magnificent bacon baguette £2.50 - took me to the second goal to finish it - divine! All hot drinks the standard £1. Lots of other foods on offer, the 2 ladies in the "Helston Kitchen" doing a really fantastic job. Someone please pass on my appreciation to them - I doubt they read this forum! Also clearly appreciated by the Club, given nice "volunteer" badges to wear. Met the Chairman/Announcer: Truro could do with someone as good as him to do their announcing. Any blips last week were entirely due to the atrocious weather! Odd there were fewer spectators in today (68) than last week. Were some at Truro?

It wasn't a sparkling game. You can always pick out things that individuals or teams could do better; but the banter in the crowd under the clubhouse covered area was enjoyable. I think the latest offside rule could be explained for some of them! Plus - odd aside: during quieter moments on the pitch, the activity of the Sparrows under said covered area was of interest to animal behaviourists: squabbling for territory and what looked like nesting space if only it wasn't December. Quite intriguing to a nerd like me!

Helston's pitch very sound - I forgot to mention last week how well it stood up.

Nice to see Mass after quite a long time, also Liam Eddy who I didn't know was laid up. Hoping he will be back playing before too long. He seemed positive, so fingers crossed for him.

1 hour ago, Adlestrop said:

I do think we should be informed of the person that inspected the ground leading to the postponement.

I do think that information is between the League, the Club and the Referee! There are clear protocols for a postponement, including a League Postponement Form filled out by the Ref who makes the decision. 

49 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i expect Bodmin wanted the game cancelled so they would play Saltash in midweek then they could unleash a Tornado against them ,in the shape of Tornado Bello who i loved watching play he does entertain you

He didn't do anything against Helston Wednesday, except fall over a couple of times looking for a penalty. 

One thing I forgot to mention in my report (above) of the Helston v Camelford game is that included in the entry price was a neat little "programme" at no extra cost. Just the teams, really, which you can annotate as the announcer reads out the teams and subs. Another nice touch (missing last week!) which, added to all the other positives, makes a match-day more of a pleasant experience. I know its a question of money and personnel, but if it can be done, it ought to be. Another plus for the Helston club.

3 hours ago, John Mead said:

I do think that information is between the League, the Club and the Referee! There are clear protocols for a postponement, including a League Postponement Form filled out by the Ref who makes the decision. 

Everyone knows every club has a ‘relationship’ with a local ref they can call upon for a favour.

1 hour ago, Just a fan said:

Was in Bodmin Saturday Morning, walked my dog up at the Beacon, couldn't believe how saturated the ground was. Even said to the person with me that I would be surprised if game was on. Don't think anything dodgy in the postponement

In that case I think someone owes an apology to the ref who was supposedly on a back hander for postponing the game.

2 hours ago, Just a fan said:

Was in Bodmin Saturday Morning, walked my dog up at the Beacon, couldn't believe how saturated the ground was. Even said to the person with me that I would be surprised if game was on. Don't think anything dodgy in the postponement

Still the same here this morning.The moor is saturated.Just had another massive downpour !(who's the **** thats out walking with shorts on ?)

St Austell 1 - 1 Mousehole 

Total dominance from Mousehole from start to finish but the same old story comes back to haunt them, don’t seem to finish teams off. 

Talking points red card first half for a stamp by St Austell centre half. 

Two dubious off sides for Mousehole resulting in disallowed goals (VAR required). 

Mousehole gave St Austell one chance with about 15 mins to go and the chance was well taken and the first noise from the St Austell fans all afternoon who had been subdued all day after watching their team chase the ball. 

Mousehole let two more points slip away and St Austell will feel like a good point gained after being out of the game from pretty much the first kick. 

15 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

St Austell 1 - 1 Mousehole 

Total dominance from Mousehole from start to finish but the same old story comes back to haunt them, don’t seem to finish teams off. 

Talking points red card first half for a stamp by St Austell centre half. 

Two dubious off sides for Mousehole resulting in disallowed goals (VAR required). 

Mousehole gave St Austell one chance with about 15 mins to go and the chance was well taken and the first noise from the St Austell fans all afternoon who had been subdued all day after watching their team chase the ball. 

Mousehole let two more points slip away and St Austell will feel like a good point gained after being out of the game from pretty much the first kick

Whenever I watch Mousehole I'm always blown away by their technical ability. They can ping a ball around a team all afternoon.

But they look like they're not coached to take shots. They move the ball better than any team in the league but they don't seem to carve out many great chances. Compare that to Saltash, who also move the ball reasonably well, but look like passing the ball is just a means to progress towards the opponent's goal.

I think if Mousehole were to make more shooting chances they'd be the best side in the league.

20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I love the outrage ! The obsession with the most successful club since the Swpl by a country mile 🎣🤣🎣

Pleased Bodmin still attract the attention 😉😃

I have never understood all the negative comments regarding Bodmin. They are still a force in the league, their league position emphasises that.

12 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Here we go again the big fish little pond syndrome. :Santa:

Big Fish, little pond, no ambition syndrome, which unfortunately for cornish football seems to be the attitude of a few cornish clubs who seek to avoid promotion on financial grounds.
Perhaps if money was used for traveling instead of lining the pockets of mercenaries with hand outs, maybe just maybe the supporters would be provided with a higher standard of football at no extra cost to the clubs.
We have been to clubs over the years where players are being paid good money , in the hope of a club winning something, yet the supporters facilities are abysmal and are treated as second class citizens who don't matter once they have passed the pay desk. 
As a matter of interest, we posted information on another thread   ( After F.A. move club resigns from league ) that gave all the contact details Twitter, email telephone and extension number of Matt Edkins who is the main contact for the Pyramid System, did any club or club member bother to make contact to discuss the system that they declare is too expensive to partake in for clubs in the extreme south west ? or is the preferred option to do nothing except complain about the system ? just asking.