Newquay                              1-2        Bodmin Town

Porthleven                           P-P           St Austell

Wadebridge Town              P-P             Callington Town

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP

Second Round

Torridgeside AFC                P-P              Stoke Gabriel

Third Round

Plymouth Marjons              6-4            Launceston

The usual phrase is "....they were lucky to score nil" which would have been true of St Dennis except they were lucky to score one! An 85th minute penalty was awarded but no-one in the crowd knew what for. True, the ball was pinging about a bit in Falmouth's area, but it was the asst. ref who flagged and gave the pen. Amusingly, the Town manager was shouting: "but we won the ball! How can it be a penalty if we won the ball?" Well, mate, you can win the ball by fair means or foul, that's how. A tug on a shirt, a push, something like that.

So: 1 - 0 (18), a great drive from outside the box; 2 - 0 (39), a shot saved, the follow-up coming down off the bar, the second follow-up netted. 3 - 0 (73), a solid header off a corner; 3 - 1, that penalty, 4 - 1 (90+1), a good low drive across the 'keeper from left channel into the right side of the goal. Fairly routine for Falmouth who ought to have got more. Saint's 'keeper made some good saves and some of the home shooting was a bit wild. Saint's only shot on target was the penalty. 4 or 5 of their players were carrying too much weight.

The F-troop were in good voice, obviously happy to have Father Christmas with them. Nice to have caught James Miller for a few words. I remember him as a Cornwall Youth player on the trip to Durham. Oh, the tales I could tell...!

The promised rain started late in the game, luckily. Pitch in very good nick again: well done to all involved. Scary drive home in very heavy rain, road flooding at The Coppice in Lanner - very nasty.

Well reffed. Don't know any names, I'm afraid. I'd guess 250 or so watching. Only a guess, mind.

Watched Newquay take on Bodmin this afternoon and Newquay went in front from a very dodgy pen the Ball struck the Bodmin players arm it wasnt  a deliberate  pen and i thought it was a poor decision from the ref and Bodmin manager Mr Gilbert had a right to question the decision for a pen which Justin Mills dispatched to put Newquay 1-0 up ,the football from both sides wasnt pretty to watch Newquay just edging the play .Bodmin equalised just before half time with a rocket of a shot from Lance Bailey which gave Dan PETERS in the Newquay goal not a chance 1-1 half time ,The 2nd half started with Dan Jennings back on the pitch after being sin Binned and you would of thought it was a different player that played in the 1st half he tore the Newquay defence to bits cutting in on the wing and put Bodmin 2-1 which they deserved because they dominated the 2nd half and dserved the 2-1 win . This was Jose Perez last game for Newquay today hes signing for Real Madrid next week ok thats a lie hes moving away upcountry he will be missed by the peppermints . My MOM for Bodmin Dan Jennings, but it could of been Sam Hillson ,or the young lad Dan Mcgee ,who i thought had a greeat game for Bodmin ,MOM for Newquay goes to Aaran Dilley always gives 100% .People criticise Darren Gilbert but the footall grounds would be boring if he wasnt there hes just a very passionate manager and hes a bloody good manager and seems to be a good bloke i was behind his dug out today and he was always smiling and given his young players encouragement and put a arm around them when they had made a bad pass it will be a sad day when he is not in the dug out at Bodmin hes having a hard season but i thought the 2nd half Bodmin where really good .One last thing i thought the ref was poor today waving cards around and not booking players when they should be booked one was a bad tackle on Newquays Dan Carne and the ref took no action at all but given a pen to Newquay when it was a complete accidental handball the player made no move towards the ball the ball hit his arm . Im sure Bodmin will be in the top half of the league at the end dont think Newquay will they will miss Jose Perez who has been brilliant for Newquay

Can anyone supply me with the team list from this afternoons match only Bodmin team for my photo album pleease i was late arriving i had just got out of the cinema after taking my son and grandson to watch Jumanji it was a lot warmer in the cinema than up the footy freezing my nuts off and por Smokie was suffering as well ,but we love our footy

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

The usual phrase is "....they were lucky to score nil" which would have been true of St Dennis except they were lucky to score one! An 85th minute penalty was awarded but no-one in the crowd knew what for. True, the ball was pinging about a bit in Falmouth's area, but it was the asst. ref who flagged and gave the pen. Amusingly, the Town manager was shouting: "but we won the ball! How can it be a penalty if we won the ball?" Well, mate, you can win the ball by fair means or foul, that's how. A tug on a shirt, a push, something like that.

So: 1 - 0 (18), a great drive from outside the box; 2 - 0 (39), a shot saved, the follow-up coming down off the bar, the second follow-up netted. 3 - 0 (73), a solid header off a corner; 3 - 1, that penalty, 4 - 1 (90+1), a good low drive across the 'keeper from left channel into the right side of the goal. Fairly routine for Falmouth who ought to have got more. Saint's 'keeper made some good saves and some of the home shooting was a bit wild. Saint's only shot on target was the penalty. 4 or 5 of their players were carrying too much weight.

The F-troop were in good voice, obviously happy to have Father Christmas with them. Nice to have caught James Miller for a few words. I remember him as a Cornwall Youth player on the trip to Durham. Oh, the tales I could tell...!

The promised rain started late in the game, luckily. Pitch in very good nick again: well done to all involved. Scary drive home in very heavy rain, road flooding at The Coppice in Lanner - very nasty.

Well reffed. Don't know any names, I'm afraid. I'd guess 250 or so watching. Only a guess, mind.

Well reffed lol I’m not taking anything away from Falmouth they deserved the win but Jesus Christ and for 4-5 players over weight I think you will find they all are but we are only a pub team after all 

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched Newquay take on Bodmin this afternoon and Newquay went in front from a very dodgy pen the Ball struck the Bodmin players arm it wasnt  a deliberate  pen and i thought it was a poor decision from the ref and Bodmin manager Mr Gilbert had a right to question the decision for a pen which Justin Mills dispatched to put Newquay 1-0 up ,the football from both sides wasnt pretty to watch Newquay just edging the play .Bodmin equalised just before half time with a rocket of a shot from Lance Bailey which gave Dan PETERS in the Newquay goal not a chance 1-1 half time ,The 2nd half started with Dan Jennings back on the pitch after being sin Binned and you would of thought it was a different player that played in the 1st half he tore the Newquay defence to bits cutting in on the wing and put Bodmin 2-1 which they deserved because they dominated the 2nd half and dserved the 2-1 win . This was Jose Perez last game for Newquay today hes signing for Real Madrid next week ok thats a lie hes moving away upcountry he will be missed by the peppermints . My MOM for Bodmin Dan Jennings, but it could of been Sam Hillson ,or the young lad Dan Mcgee ,who i thought had a greeat game for Bodmin ,MOM for Newquay goes to Aaran Dilley always gives 100% .People criticise Darren Gilbert but the footall grounds would be boring if he wasnt there hes just a very passionate manager and hes a bloody good manager and seems to be a good bloke i was behind his dug out today and he was always smiling and given his young players encouragement and put a arm around them when they had made a bad pass it will be a sad day when he is not in the dug out at Bodmin hes having a hard season but i thought the 2nd half Bodmin where really good .One last thing i thought the ref was poor today waving cards around and not booking players when they should be booked one was a bad tackle on Newquays Dan Carne and the ref took no action at all but given a pen to Newquay when it was a complete accidental handball the player made no move towards the ball the ball hit his arm . Im sure Bodmin will be in the top half of the league at the end dont think Newquay will they will miss Jose Perez who has been brilliant for Newquay

Would agree with you 100% . 

I thought in tricky conditions, Bodmin were well worth their win, & were more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Newquay's goal came from a very dubious penalty, but it is what is & irrelevant now. Thought Bodmin's front players & wingers terrorised Newquay's back line all Afternoon, Newquay defensively seemed frail, especially the fullbacks & the very large Centre back.  Perez will be a huge loss for Newquay, a good player.  As for Bodmin going in to Xmas sitting in the top five, still no real continuity, can only get better. Some teams paying bigger money than Bodmin, & with a lot lower points return in the table ... 🤫

10 hours ago, J Barbery said:

Well reffed lol I’m not taking anything away from Falmouth they deserved the win but Jesus Christ and for 4-5 players over weight I think you will find they all are but we are only a pub team after all 

That's a bit disparaging to call yourself a pub team mate .Or are you leeds utd in disguise ?

9 hours ago, J Barbery said:

Well, if you really are just a pub team then you are punching above your weight playing in the Pen West and doing very well. Some of your overweight lads showed a lot of skill on the ball but were slower off the mark and slower to turn than they might be if they shed a little weight. Ah. Christmas coming up with all that turkey! Your No 7 was a bit too over-eager and in my neutral opinion he did deserve his two yellows - but then would you want him to become a less aggressive player? You need players like that - they just need to be able to focus their aggression. The Ref? Both managers yelled at him at times, so about normal. I thought he did okay.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I thought in tricky conditions, Bodmin were well worth their win, & were more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Newquay's goal came from a very dubious penalty, but it is what is & irrelevant now. Thought Bodmin's front players & wingers terrorised Newquay's back line all Afternoon, Newquay defensively seemed frail, especially the fullbacks & the very large Centre back.  Perez will be a huge loss for Newquay, a good player.  As for Bodmin going in to Xmas sitting in the top five, still no real continuity, can only get better. Some teams paying bigger money than Bodmin, & with a lot lower points return in the table ... 🤫

I can never understand the negative criticism towards Bodmin an their manager. They are a very good football side with a very good and passionate manager. All managers shout remarks during a game, that is part of the job. Bodmin are well placed in the league and will be at the end of the season. It would appear there is a great deal of jealousy from certain people.

9 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Tripe as usual

Is Glynn Hobbs playing 4 anyone this year, last time I saw him he looked a tad heavy, but still a very good player

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s all very well suggesting his post was not to your satisfaction, but perhaps a reason why you disapproved of it would be helpful please

Sorry Dave u have certain individuals on here who r allowed to spout any old rubbish without ever being questioned. Leeds and that other clown Al constantly talk rubbish and are only looking to cause trouble but they seem to be allowed to get away with it, so I will not be giving u a reason why. I stand by my original comment thanks and goodbye. Probably for good after this 

37 minutes ago, David2002 said:

Sorry Dave u have certain individuals on here who r allowed to spout any old rubbish without ever being questioned. Leeds and that other clown Al constantly talk rubbish and are only looking to cause trouble but they seem to be allowed to get away with it, so I will not be giving u a reason why. I stand by my original comment thanks and goodbye. Probably for good after this 

I’ve given up trying with the two you mentioned. Unfortunately others still bother having dialogue with them.

I was rather hoping that you as a newbie might add some football content to be discussed by other football followers! 

He ain't no newbie Dave, just another who doesn't like the truth so posts under a different name .. ? 🤣

Why would my comment of ' some teams in mid table spending big & not in top 5 ' be rubbish ?? 

If you have given up & that's how you feel I will be resigning from this forum as of now. 

Some people don't like the truth ... Some teams spending Big bucks under achieving & don't like being told of it, or the thought others knowing. Regardless, you can keep your mediocre league to yourselves 🤣😉

Merry Christmas to my friends on here . 

39 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Too many wind-up merchants now spoiling it for others! 

Perhaps Dave, membership of this forum should be only for people prepared to give real names. Then perhaps we can discuss/confront them at matches rather than day after day second guessing who they are and using up time on here. Just my thoughts

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’ve given up trying with the two you mentioned. Unfortunately others still bother having dialogue with them.

I was rather hoping that you as a newbie might add some football content to be discussed by other football followers! 

In that case I apologise for my earlier comments, you do a great job and it's an excellent site

Edited by herbie777

30 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Perhaps Dave, membership of this forum should be only for people prepared to give real names. Then perhaps we can discuss/confront them at matches rather than day after day second guessing who they are and using up time on here. Just my thoughts

Some of us have perfectly good reasons for using a pseudonym, to explain further would, in my case, give the game away. I hadn’t thought of the risk of being “confronted” at a match, and that’s an even better reason for not publishing my name, picture or other personal details on here!

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

He ain't no newbie Dave, just another who doesn't like the truth so posts under a different name .. ? 🤣

Why would my comment of ' some teams in mid table spending big & not in top 5 ' be rubbish ?? 

If you have given up & that's how you feel I will be resigning from this forum as of now. 

Some people don't like the truth ... Some teams spending Big bucks under achieving & don't like being told of it, or the thought others knowing. Regardless, you can keep your mediocre league to yourselves 🤣😉

Merry Christmas to my friends on here . 

All the best Leeds... miss you already !! 

6 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Some of us have perfectly good reasons for using a pseudonym, to explain further would, in my case, give the game away. I hadn’t thought of the risk of being “confronted” at a match, and that’s an even better reason for not publishing my name, picture or other personal details on here!

Sorry for use of that word. Poor choice on my part but hopefully you can see the sence in talking face to face rather than on here. Like I said my opinion. Sorry if u felt threatened by my choice of words

21 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Dont understand the preoccupation  with knowing who someone is, who cares? I don't. 

Takes all sorts in life and on here is no different...git on wiv it for gawd's sake!

What gets me though is them what uses a pseudonym when everybody and their dog (hi Smokie) knows who they are, where they live, how they cook (complete with complimentary fag ash) and the state of their pitch! 

On 15/12/2019 at 09:08, leedsunited said:

Any Newquay players impress you Leeds? You mentioned 3/4 defenders were poor what about the other one? The sub who came on the left got the better of the Bodmin right back on numerous occasions I thought and almost scored after a decent save by the keeper. Probably one of the poorer Bodmin teams I’ve witnessed in recent years, the two wingers really did nothing at all, Bailey showed his experience in midfield and Jennings pace will always cause problems