Cornwall Football Forum

Banned Players

11 hours ago, Jason Prynne said:

Pretty sure your ban will stop you playing any saturday football in the county untill the team being played for when incurring the sending off has played the amount of games the ban is set for 

Spot on. 

If a player is banned for say Helston Firsts (sorry Helston, first team that came to my head) for three games, that player can not play another game until he has missed the next three Helston First Team fixtures. There is a caveat where if a player transfers it can be merged over to that team, however that's a decision to be made by the FA. If a player plays again during his suspension, that adds to the ban. 

The only time this is different is for different categories of football - a player sent off in a Saturday Team game can play on Sundays in the Sunday League or/and at different categories in the FA Pyramid.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Think bans are separated according to level (Home Waters explained it to me last tims this came up).

Last season Shane Krac was suspended after picking up a red card for Parkway (step 5), but was able to play for Taunton in the Southern Prem (step 3).

That’s not such a good idea because the player doesn’t get punished but his club does !

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Think bans are separated according to level (Home Waters explained it to me last tims this came up).

Last season Shane Krac was suspended after picking up a red card for Parkway (step 5), but was able to play for Taunton in the Southern Prem (step 3).

Correct. 

It's the crossover in categories, as you mention. I get confused by it all - never really looked into it before.

Screenshot 2019-12-16 22.04.08.png

Screenshot 2019-12-16 22.05.06.png

Would section 3.1 (b) mean that if you’re banned from the Veterans league you’d also be banned from the youth league
More to the point it would seem that if you’re banned from the Combo, that carries over to Sunday League but if you’re a Peninsula League player your O.K. for a Sunday game. weird! Unless, of course I’m more confused than Dave - that, I admit is a definite given!

7 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Would section 3.1 (b) mean that if you’re banned from the Veterans league you’d also be banned from the youth league
More to the point it would seem that if you’re banned from the Combo, that carries over to Sunday League but if you’re a Peninsula League player your O.K. for a Sunday game. weird! Unless, of course I’m more confused than Dave - that, I admit is a definite given!

I still think that it’s the type of football that’s counts; i.e. Saturday, Sunday or mid-week football.