Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - Friday, 24 January 2020

Enjoyed watching this game on Seagull TV via Fb. My view of the game as a neutral. Thought tactically Helston got it right, constant pressing and harassing of Mousehole, not letting them play out from the back and forcing them to go long far more often than they  would have liked to. This suited Helston’s big, strong defenders who cleared most of this up. 

Also, thought Helston’s No. 9 was by far the best player on the park. Tucker? I think the commentator was calling him - audio wasn’t great

38 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Billy Tucker is far too good to be playing at this level.

Helston comfortably beat Falmouth recently but without him they would be half the side. Well done to Helston for being able to retain his services.

He was miles ahead of everyone else. Strong, skilful, great delivery and a good engine. Is he a local lad or from elsewhere and who has he played for?

20 minutes ago, Jacob Englefield said:

If I'm correct, Billy Tucker originally joined Helston from Bideford on a dual registration basis. He'd play for Helston when his club didn't have a game. Not long after that though, it was announced he was going to play for Helston on a full time basis.

Thanks, that makes sense. You could easily see he was a player capable of a higher level.