Cornwall Football Forum

Any applicants for promotion?

The ECPL decided not to continue with the promotion/relegation link for this season but to be honest it has really only been one way traffic - promotion from Duchy to East Cornwall.

Cornwall FA is keen to get a proper link established to complete the 'pyramid' following their restructuring but for this season at least no team will be automatically promoted (or relegated) and any team can apply to move up.

I am not aware of any Duchy team having applied to join the ECPL but some may have. March 31st is the closing date for teams to give any notice of withdrawal.

The Duchy Lge Committee is quite happy to get a sensible and fair agreement in place going forward

15 hours ago, St Newlyn East AFC said:

We were informed that as of this current season there is no direct link anymore. 

Have St Newlyn any plans to apply then? Appreciate it's early in the season but you have made a strong start and consistently have a good squad from my games against you in recent years.

15 hours ago, claret&blue said:

So no promotion or relegation then between the leagues only promotion if vacancies exist then I assume.

Vacancies will exist in the ECPL next season in my view. Godolphin's recent withdrawal, plus 2x promotions to the St Piran, and possibly MG to the Devon League (not confirmed) will leave the league with 14, unless St Piran relegate anybody.

11 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

The ECPL decided not to continue with the promotion/relegation link for this season but to be honest it has really only been one way traffic - promotion from Duchy to East Cornwall.

Cornwall FA is keen to get a proper link established to complete the 'pyramid' following their restructuring but for this season at least no team will be automatically promoted (or relegated) and any team can apply to move up.

I am not aware of any Duchy team having applied to join the ECPL but some may have. March 31st is the closing date for teams to give any notice of withdrawal.

The Duchy Lge Committee is quite happy to get a sensible and fair agreement in place going forward

This is a shame Paul. Two hard working league committees continually losing clubs and referees with numbers diminishing every year of committee members, referees, volunteers and teams. May I ask, why was the link discontinued?