Cornwall Football Forum

James Ward

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I see Nick Milton has also left parkway to join Bideford that seems to be a lot of key important players moved Out the club. 

James Ward signing makes sense now. Big blow to lose Nick Milton, the partnership with Rob Farkins at centre back was a key part of the team.

The "I'll be at the club for as long as Lee wants me" quote on the Round Our Way documentary hasn't aged well.🙄

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Could be a case of so many new faces taking a while to get going together when the season starts and vital points being lost out on?

Bigger turnover of players than I would have forecast or liked. Not aware of the reasons behind these departures, but there are a lot changes to assimilate both on and off the pitch. Lot of pressure on Lee Hobbs and Matt Cusack to get off to a strong start in a very tough league (whenever it begins and in what format.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

It seems a lot of the players that have come in are more older experienced players but some of the younger ones have gone.  Thst seems to be completely against what originally Lee was trying to do. In a year or 2 it’s going to be another rebuild. 

Perhaps Lee is thinking "let's get up into the Southern first" and then regroup if necessary? 

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps Lee is thinking "let's get up into the Southern first" and then regroup if necessary? 

You're right. Tomorrow never comes in the world of football management, Lee Hobbs knows  (as he hinted at in a recent interview in the Evening Standard) that keeping his job depends on getting promoted as champions.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/round-way-documentary-plays-huge-4172229