Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook

Followed Millbrook and get to games as often as I can to watch my son play. He has been in the 1st team for 5years and I would agree that loyalty and friendship hold this team together.

Great to see them improve as with the facilities and this season they are getting travel expenses which is needed in the East Division. They have a good mix of youth and let's say experience but I think the advantage is a couple of players who can play in any position  which is a great asset to have.

They have a weakness of losing thier temper at times but so many players do and leaving it too late to bring substitutions on but they are resilient and enjoy attacking football so always great to watch if they don't suffer too many injuries I think this will be a good season for Millbrook

Elburton caused lots of problems for Millbrook last night in a very scrappy game. Lots of challenges and a good defence stopped Millbrooks normal fluent attack. It is a shame the sin bin was not used as this game? The introduction of Chapman and Payne helped steady the boat and Chapman and Hamilton both scored to save Millbrook both defenders as the strikers Foster and Sheperd struggled tonight.

It was the worst performance I have seen by Millbrook these season and their passing game was non existent the midfield was poor. Big matches ahead Ilfracombe, Dartmouth, Crediton next month and Millbrook need to step up.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Millbrook playing in the E.C.P.L. (Div.1) in 2011-12

10 seasons on- 2021-22  Looking likely Western League Premier

A very long way to go yet Mike, you can lose 2 in a row and be 5th it’s that tight, it’s been a massive shift from all the lads so far against some good sides, so onto for me many peoples favourites Ilfracombe, a proper tough away trip 😃

Think everyone at Millbrook deserve huge credit for what they are achieving currently.

Had 1 great year back in the early 2000s and great to see them doing well again.

Cannot help but think though if they were to win this league, would promotion be a good thing for them??

With limited budget, the travelling would be a huge demand & expense with Bristol and beyond every other week including night games, can see that causing issues.

But going back to my first statement, credit to all involved at the club and great to see them competing at the top of the league.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

This is a huge concern for most of our  SWPL clubs ! 

Like most clubs, we cut our cloth accordingly, stability and managing ambition is a fine balance. Investment off field and in pitch maintenance machinery, then seating and covered standing areas is a massive cost.This is the first consideration followed by travel costs, player availability midweek, expenses, extra cost of officials. It has to be asked what cost for success, only a small amount of clubs at our level are fortunate enough to have great backing, let’s hope when they create the new step 5 league mid south west the western will become more Devon and Cornwall based allowing for more realistic promotion opportunities to arise for all our local clubs.

7 hours ago, Andy Holman said:

Think everyone at Millbrook deserve huge credit for what they are achieving currently.

Had 1 great year back in the early 2000s and great to see them doing well again.

Cannot help but think though if they were to win this league, would promotion be a good thing for them??

With limited budget, the travelling would be a huge demand & expense with Bristol and beyond every other week including night games, can see that causing issues.

But going back to my first statement, credit to all involved at the club and great to see them competing at the top of the league.

Great club, loved my 2 seasons at Millbrook back in 03/04 and 04/05, I'd say it was 2 great seasons finishing 4th and 3rd with a cup win. Always look for their results and it's great to see them doing well on and off the pitch. Hopefully it continues. 

Millbrook have proved with a committed bunch on and off the pitch that you can only go from strength to strength. Macca has the lads playing the way he wants and results have proved that. Credit to the Club off the field over the previous months with renovations to the pitch and clubhouse, certainly a Club moving forwards.

Certainty looking forward to the Boxing Day and Easter games.

On 30/09/2020 at 10:38, Xanie25 said:

Elburton caused lots of problems for Millbrook last night in a very scrappy game. Lots of challenges and a good defence stopped Millbrooks normal fluent attack. It is a shame the sin bin was not used as this game? The introduction of Chapman and Payne helped steady the boat and Chapman and Hamilton both scored to save Millbrook both defenders as the strikers Foster and Sheperd struggled tonight.

It was the worst performance I have seen by Millbrook these season and their passing game was non existent the midfield was poor. Big matches ahead Ilfracombe, Dartmouth, Crediton next month and Millbrook need to step up.

Sin bin is only used for dissent