Cornwall Football Forum

Matchday Programmes this Season

I have been to a lot matches this season and where some clubs still produce some programmes a lot have said no due to Covid-19. Lets put this in to perspective. I work at a printers and we are still producing monthly magazines and catalogs etc, plus you can still buy newspapers and magazines. Are football clubs using this as a excuse to produce not even a Teamsheet. I know we are blessed with my work sponsoring the programme and I design it, there we go I’ve let the cat out of the bag now to who I am. But years gone by, the SWPL and old South Western League Club’s use to produce some crackers. My question is, are match day programmes becoming a thing of the past?

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The world moves on with everything at your fingertips today, it's all on your phone almost before it happens. 

Doesn't beat the pleasure though of thumbing through a well written programme at half time. They also become really good historical documents, love looking at the extracts from old programmes on the Cornwall Football Memories Facebook site.

6 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

We at Penzance Reserves have a programme for every home game. 16 pages, in colour, given away free. Tables (Trelawny, SWPL), results, reports, pictures and fixtures. Today it is 20 pages as it includes all the Junior Cup final winners and losers since it started in 1900.

Great effort. 👏

I look forward to going to Blazey not just for a match but the good program i do have 1 complaint about programs too many adverts and repeated from 1 week to the next i get a program mainly for the team list i will be getting 1 today when i go up the hill to watch Newquay vs St Dennis should be a great game