Plymouth Marjon         2-0          Holsworthy 

Torpoint Athletic          2-1          Newton Abbot Spurs 

Torridgeside                 3-2          Crediton United 

WEST DIVISION 

Liskeard Athletic          3-4          Wadebridge Town 

Sticker                         0-3          Dobwalls 

Wendron United          6-2          St Dennis 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday October 20 2020

We spent an hour of our lives on a round trip to take in the Sticker v Dobwalls hoofball match.
Our trips to this little village club are usually an enjoyable occasion, but we left early as football as it should be played was at a premium.
Dobwalls tactic on the night, ( and it's been mentioned as a tactic on this forum before ) was to hoof the ball upfield even from goal kicks, and hope that their frontmen could latch on to it, something that has had some sucess to date judging from their league position, but there will need to be a plan B when the opposition cotton on.
Sticker seemed to have difficulty knowing where the goal was situated last night, even missing a penalty, and several efforts were skied yards wide.
It was difficult at times to follow the play because the ball had travelled so high above the floodlights that it was a case of guess where it would come down.                        
Apparently Dobwalls won 3-0
We will travel to Bodmin this evening and see how they perform against fancied Helston.

2 hours ago, We Two said:

We spent an hour of our lives on a round trip to take in the Sticker v Dobwalls hoofball match.
Our trips to this little village club are usually an enjoyable occasion, but we left early as football as it should be played was at a premium.
Dobwalls tactic on the night, ( and it's been mentioned as a tactic on this forum before ) was to hoof the ball upfield even from goal kicks, and hope that their frontmen could latch on to it, something that has had some sucess to date judging from their league position, but there will need to be a plan B when the opposition cotton on.
Sticker seemed to have difficulty knowing where the goal was situated last night, even missing a penalty, and several efforts were skied yards wide.
It was difficult at times to follow the play because the ball had travelled so high above the floodlights that it was a case of guess where it would come down.                        
We will travel to Bodmin this evening and see how they perform against fancied Helston.

Not the football that I would want to watch either, but it works for them and it's up to the opposition to counter it. Mousehole against Dobwalls will certainly be an interesting clash of playing styles. 

35 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Not the football that I would want to watch either, but it works for them and it's up to the opposition to counter it. Mousehole against Dobwalls will certainly be an interesting clash of playing styles. 

This reflects the declining standards of the game in this league.

WofTP - Mousehole won 1-0 last Saturday?

Dobwalls are a lot more than a long ball team, although they did use that last night. Fyneboy and Bello were sharp up front, with 4 young skilful attack minded midfielders and a solid back 4. Last night Dobwalls had more of the ball first half but little football by either side - Sticker defending well. Dobwalls went 1-0 half way through first half with one of the softest penalties you could witness - 1-0 HT.  Second half saw Sticker having some good attacking phases but coming to little. Dobwalls went 2-0 up through a Bello shot (naive defending to continually allow him on his right foot). Sticker were then awarded (the second weakest) penalty you could witness but blasted it over the bar and shortly after Dobwalls scored with a header from their CB - upsetting the Sticker bench as it was scored after a Sticker player received an injury but was off the pitch and not allowed back on for a good two minutes during which time the goal was scored. 

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of attack shown by Sticker, one excellent run by Flack, but that was it. 

In relation to Dobwalls, actually a very decent footballing side, but one I will avoid paying £5 for the ‘pleasure’ watching again  The continual (and I mean 90 minutes worth) moaning, dissent, questioning every decisions, abusive comments to officials, winding up their opponents (Sticker were not blameless but on a different scale) - if the ref had used sin bins, Dobwalls would have needed to borrow Stickers bench along with their own to fit all the players on. I know they are not there to make friends and want to win but seriously need to have a look at themselves. 

The young ref who I have previously praised just let too much go too early and as a consequence it just got worse and he never had control of the game. 

7 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Dobwalls are a lot more than a long ball team, although they did use that last night. Fyneboy and Bello were sharp up front, with 4 young skilful attack minded midfielders and a solid back 4. Last night Dobwalls had more of the ball first half but little football by either side - Sticker defending well. Dobwalls went 1-0 half way through first half with one of the softest penalties you could witness - 1-0 HT.  Second half saw Sticker having some good attacking phases but coming to little. Dobwalls went 2-0 up through a Bello shot (naive defending to continually allow him on his right foot). Sticker were then awarded (the second weakest) penalty you could witness but blasted it over the bar and shortly after Dobwalls scored with a header from their CB - upsetting the Sticker bench as it was scored after a Sticker player received an injury but was off the pitch and not allowed back on for a good two minutes during which time the goal was scored. 

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of attack shown by Sticker, one excellent run by Flack, but that was it. 

In relation to Dobwalls, actually a very decent footballing side, but one I will avoid paying £5 for the ‘pleasure’ watching again  The continual (and I mean 90 minutes worth) moaning, dissent, questioning every decisions, abusive comments to officials, winding up their opponents (Sticker were not blameless but on a different scale) - if the ref had used sin bins, Dobwalls would have needed to borrow Stickers bench along with their own to fit all the players on. I know they are not there to make friends and want to win but seriously need to have a look at themselves. 

The young ref who I have previously praised just let too much go too early and as a consequence it just got worse and he never had control of the game. 

I need to keep up. ☺️

4 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

Results are what matter at the end of the day

Not long term from the clubs financial point of view, Bobjfh has stated that he wil not be paying £5 for the pleasure of watching them again, add us to that statement and that's a £15 loss for starters.

21 minutes ago, We Two said:

Not long term from the clubs financial point of view, Bobjfh has stated that he wil not be paying £5 for the pleasure of watching them again, add us to that statement and that's a £15 loss for starters.

I doubt they get much of a gate anyway. Never seems to be many there when you look at the pictures. Strange when you think they are doing well. Maybe it’s because it’s all Plymouth based players not really any locals to get behind. 

8 hours ago, We Two said:

Salty and not true...get this guy a dummy.

What a game over Lux Park last night!

Both teams trying to play football on a pitch cutting up, a real credit to local football these days. From the first minute you could tell this game was going to be full of drama! Well worth the entry fee I must say! IMO I think the bridgers just deserved this one! Liskeard a top outfit also! 

Having been to watch wadebridge a couple times this season they seem to be a complete different team from last year a good honest hard working team. The young lad Kieran Rowe what a talent he is  a real heartbeat of this team. I’d imagine the only disappointment they could argue is they’re not higher in the table! Dropped points bar helston! Congrats to Paul and team!

10 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Well a fair account of the football played and credit to Sticker for applying themselves and unlucky on the penalty they played well so was a good game tbf

sorry to hear your view on the official who was in control throughout I thought one decision fir a challenge was yellow but seen these go red as well but he handled himself well and a good standard being produced so good to see a young ref up with play and handled the game v well.

I agree the moaning was present in both sides and very much in the stand as well sone unfair comments to the linesman who had a good game as well I thought but the teams played to win and was a good competition Dobwalls was better finishing only difference. Well done officials need to have sone credit. 

I have watched Dobwalls a few times this season and they are capable of matching some of the best teams in this division as they have already proved.

They are more than a long ball team and can play some attractive football.

There was a lot of back chat from both sides against Sticker and I personally feel that all clubs would be far better served by accepting the referees decision whether they feel it is right or not. They do not normally change their minds.

There was a couple of incidents in the game, the first was a deliberate handball by the Sticker keeper outside of his box which was missed by the officials. Later in the game a 50-50 ball between the sticker keeper and a Dobwalls player saw the keeper nick the ball away and was caught by the Dobwalls lad which saw most of the home side and supporters calling for a red card which turned out to be a yellow.

In my humble opinion players who try to influence the referee to get someone sent off should be carded for unsporting behaviour.

On the night the visitor were the better side against an enthusiastic but lacking in quality opponents and paying the £5.00 entry fee was far better than sitting in front of the TV.

Best of luck to both sides for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, Gadafi said:

Well a fair account of the football played and credit to Sticker for applying themselves and unlucky on the penalty they played well so was a good game tbf

sorry to hear your view on the official who was in control throughout I thought one decision fir a challenge was yellow but seen these go red as well but he handled himself well and a good standard being produced so good to see a young ref up with play and handled the game v well.

I agree the moaning was present in both sides and very much in the stand as well sone unfair comments to the linesman who had a good game as well I thought but the teams played to win and was a good competition Dobwalls was better finishing only difference. Well done officials need to have sone credit. 

Gadafi - it’s all just opinions. I try to be balanced and was there as a neutral. I did say that I have seen the referee before and had praised him. I am not a ‘basher’ of officials, especially this young lad and credit to him. I know having spoken to him previously that he prefers to manage the game through chatting to players rather than cards, which I whole heartily agree with - just frustrating when some players / teams dont listen and (imo) sometimes early action stops poor behaviour - speaking to both captains and saying if it continues players / benches / spectators will leave the pitch/ ground - seems heavy handed but gives fair warning. 
Pedro - agree with your comments, Dobwalls are a good team, I just can’t put up with their antics - they are better than that. 

Bobjfh, i agree that the young referee at the Sticker vs Dobwalls had a very mixed game. He is young but been reffing now a few years and being coached by Mr Brown. You correctly mention the softest pen ever seen. Score was 0-0 at the time and decisions like this change games. Later in the game the Sticker keeper was dangerously taken out by a Dobwalls player. I'm pretty sure most people in the ground sure it as a red card however the young referee in front of the Dobwalls dugout showed a yellow. Decisions like this change games.