Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Covid Cup Final, 1st Leg Result - Saturday May 29th 2021

Setting Off soon to go to Bodmin to see the final Newlyn East vs Mt GOULD hope its  a good game but can only see 1 outcome really a convincing win to MT Gould i think it will be 4-0 Danny Brook with a hat trick but i will still go to the 2nd leg final at Newlyn East Next week .Im leaving at 1 so i can take Smokie for a walk up around the Beacon Monument then go on to Priory Park to watch the match and leave Smokie in the car because of the no dog rules at Bodmin . Just listened to the Deacs and Rappo Podcast its great and i loose count how many times Rappo says mate its great . Ok better get my flask done and go and face the Holiday traffic 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Setting Off soon to go to Bodmin to see the final Newlyn East vs Mt GOULD hope its  a good game but can only see 1 outcome really a convincing win to MT Gould i think it will be 4-0 Danny Brook with a hat trick but i will still go to the 2nd leg final at Newlyn East Next week .Im leaving at 1 so i can take Smokie for a walk up around the Beacon Monument then go on to Priory Park to watch the match and leave Smokie in the car because of the no dog rules at Bodmin . Just listened to the Deacs and Rappo Podcast its great and i loose count how many times Rappo says mate its great . Ok better get my flask done and go and face the Holiday traffic 

Dont forget to leave your car windows open! 

Just back from watching the Covid cup final the 1st half ,Newlyn East just didnt turn up  and where 3-0 down in no time at all but the 2nd half was totally different with the Newlyn East subs and 1 Jack Scott really attacked them and Newlyn pulled a goal back a scruffy goal i thought Jamie Seery scored it but i maybe wrong i left 15 mins before the end to go check and Smokie he was flat out after i tired him out around the Beacon i left both windows down for his fresh air ,i Lived in Bodmin for 11 months so i know what Bodmin is like its just the dog rule at the ground i dont like ,anyway 4-1 to Mt Gould bit too much to do next week at Newlyn East but i will be there to take some photos .Mt GOULD where really good and they would give most teams in the Kitchen league a good game they had a lot of Experiance players in there team in Chris Wright and Lance Bailey didnt know any others but my mom goes to Chris WRIGHT for Mt Gould and Jack Scott for Newlyn East 

Went to this game too. Mt Gould, with some sharp passing and clinical finishing were 3-0 up after 36 mins, without getting out of second gear.

The second half saw Mt Gould lose either energy or interest  or both and St Newlyn deservedly pulled one back. They had the better of the second 45. A beautifully finished goal well into injury time gave the Plymouth boys a flattering 4-1 win. 

I've seen Gould a couple of times and they are probably stronger than many bottom half SWPL West teams.

The No 16, a young sub, caught the eye for the Saints,  with the wily old fox Chris Wright showing up well for Mt Gould.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to ECPL Covid Cup Final, 1st Leg Result - Saturday May 29th 2021

They where really good the no3 was brilliant in the air and the no6 was good as well ,i was hoping Adam Carter would of played that would of been a good battle with Jamie Seery ,also was hoping to see Danny Brook play because he is  a good player maybe next Saturday they will i hope Newlyn East go all out attack they got nothing to loose