Elmore                         1-1        Honiton Town

Ivybridge Town             1-0        Elburton Villa

Okehampton Argyle      2-2      Torrington 

WEST

Bodmin Town               1-4       Camelford

Falmouth Town            3-0       Penzance

Newquay                      3-3       St Blazey

Bodmin 1 - 4 Camelford. 

Quick match update, Camels missed 3 or 4 gold chances before Ed put them 1-0 through a great header. Camels then had a stone wall penalty turned down followed shortly by an equaliser from Levi, who was well offside. 
1-1 HT

Second half saw Camels continue to dominate and scored through a great Cam goal. Bodmin had a players sent of for abuse to the referee and Cam scored another followed towards the end by a 4th from Boxy. 

Bar about 10 minutes Camels dominated play and outclassed a Bodmin team full of ‘big’ names. A one sided game with youth, pace and skill outplaying an established top Cornish team. 

Thought the linesmen were ooor but the Ref was solid. 

Bar after was Camels supporters and players, Gilby and 4 Bodmin players and therein lies the real difference. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 11 August 2021

Travelled down to watch my 2 tips to be top of the SWPL, Newquay against St Blazey. Some very good attacking talent on display, but both teams need to work on their defensive shape. 

The game finished 3-3, and was a fantastic game for the neutral. However, let's just say some of the officiating wasn't too the standard required and that is putting it politely. 

2 players worth mentioning for me was experienced number 3, the left back. And the striker number 10 who had a great effort strike the bar! Think newquay will be right up there this year! 

18 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Bodmin 1 - 4 Camelford. 

Quick match update, Camels missed 3 or 4 gold chances before Ed put them 1-0 through a great header. Camels then had a stone wall penalty turned down followed shortly by an equaliser from Levi, who was well offside. 
1-1 HT

Second half saw Camels continue to dominate and scored through a great Cam goal. Bodmin had a players sent of for abuse to the referee and Cam scored another followed towards the end by a 4th from Boxy. 

Bar about 10 minutes Camels dominated play and outclassed a Bodmin team full of ‘big’ names. A one sided game with youth, pace and skill outplaying an established top Cornish team. 

Thought the linesmen were ooor but the Ref was solid. 

Bar after was Camels supporters and players, Gilby and 4 Bodmin players and therein lies the real difference. 

Great start to the season for Camelford, a few people tipped them (along with Wadebridge) to be up amongst the leaders this season. 

54 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Great start to the season for Camelford, a few people tipped them (along with Wadebridge) to be up amongst the leaders this season. 

It’s a long season - but sometimes I think ‘Camelford’ (along with others - (like Wadebridge / Dobwalls / Liskeard  / Callington etc) get ignored as they are not considered as ‘recent top teams’.

You are only as good as your last result, but last part season Camelford were top 3 and like other teams have developed year on year.  I do think there is a ‘change of the old guard’, taking place and hopefully by the end of the season some of the smaller teams will get the ‘respect’ they deserve for hard work, on and off the pitch. 

To be honest what you have said there is spot on Matt Hayden will come good at callington May not win a nothing but will take callington out of the bottom 3 every year. I watch liskeard on Saturday against Newquay and after all of the chat about liskeard falling to apart they could of put 6/7 past Newquay to much pace and very good footballing side I over heard the managers saying to someone about having 5 missing aswell. Going to be a strange season. I think after watching Bodmin last night camelford will be a good side this season.